Author Topic: FBI Director Says Decision to Forgo Charges Against Hillary Clinton 'Wasn't That Hard' to Make  (Read 1157 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
FBI Director Says Decision to Forgo Charges Against Hillary Clinton 'Wasn't That Hard' to Make

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-director-decision-forgo-charges-hillary-clinton-wasnt/story?id=40895203

n a message to his workforce today, FBI Director James Comey further defended his decision not to recommend pressing charges against Hillary Clinton over her use of a private email server while serving as secretary of state.

“I hope you see clearly what I see, that this investigation was done honestly, independently and competently,” Comey said in a video message to FBI personnel, according to one government employee who recounted the message to ABC News. “For investigators and their supervisors, all the way up to me, the decision was not only the right one, it actually wasn’t that hard a decision, given the facts and the law.”

In fact, he said, “What I don’t have patience for is people suggesting that the FBI did it in some way that was anything other than apolitical and independent, because that’s just not true, and anybody who knows the FBI should know better.”

exc

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Trump needs to keep hammering on July 5. The average person can understand unequal protection of the law.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Translation: "I've got family."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline goodwithagun

Rule of law? Nobody needs the stinking rule of law!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Rule of law? Nobody needs the stinking rule of law!

This is a winning issue for Trump. Everyone who has had a speeding ticket, or even had his heartbeat elevate when he see a cop car in the rear view mirror can relate.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:39:33 pm by don-o »

Offline Just_Victor

Well sure, when the choice is, "refuse to file charges against a criminal," or, "disappear into the foundations of a newly constructed Chicago highrise," he's right.  That's not a hard decision.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Translation: "I've got family."
And also in his defense(NOT) it was a really large check! :whistle:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"FBI Director Says Decision to Forgo Charges Against Hillary Clinton 'Wasn't That Hard' to Make..."

Nope. It's easy when you're getting messages in the middle of the night and callerID reports they're comin' from Vince Foster's phone number!   ;)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

Let's see:  my job, or an indictment against Clinton that will ruin my future?  That's not too hard.

geronl

You know what was even easier??

deciding not to vote for Trump

geronl

Let's see:  my job, or an indictment against Clinton that will ruin my future?  That's not too hard.

his appointment was for 10 years, he will outlast the next President probably

Oceander

his appointment was for 10 years, he will outlast the next President probably

Appointees can be un-appointed.

Offline unknown

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)