Author Topic: Letterkenny introduces new version of mine-resistant combat vehicle  (Read 475 times)

rangerrebew

Letterkenny introduces new version of mine-resistant combat vehicle

By Janet Gardner, Letterkenny Army Depot Public Affairs July 25, 2016

A newly upgraded RG31 rolls off the production floor at Letterkenny Army Depot. The route clearance vehicle is equipped with more horsepower, a larger transmission, independent suspension for improved mobility and spotlights.

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. -- A ceremony celebrating the successful production of the latest version of the RG31, a mine-resistant ambush protected route clearance vehicle, was held on July 19 at Letterkenny Army Depot.

The rollout ceremony featured the latest variant of the RG31's configuration. Among the improvements were an engine upgrade from 275 to 300 horsepower; a transmission upgrade from 2500 to a 3000 series; an independent suspension for improved mobility; 360-degree spotlights for night visibility; and an armored gunner's hatch.

The event was hosted by Letterkenny Army Depot commander Col. Deacon Maddox and Col. Jason Craft, project manager for the Army Project Office, Assured Mobility Systems, MRAP Vehicles.

https://www.army.mil/article/172113/letterkenny_introduces_new_version_of_mine_resistant_combat_vehicle
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:27:07 am by rangerrebew »