General Category > Economy/Business

Investments

<< < (2/27) > >>

Free Vulcan:

--- Quote from: Bigun on July 28, 2016, 03:22:20 pm ---I've been messing around with TVIX on a very short term basis lately with some good success but would not recommend this to anyone who doesn't know EXACTLY what he is doing.

--- End quote ---

Trade the SPY's myself. VIX always interested me, trading the options on that, but I agree you need to know your stuff. Not sure I'm up for that one yet.

bolobaby:

--- Quote from: Bigun on July 28, 2016, 03:22:20 pm ---I've been messing around with TVIX on a very short term basis lately with some good success but would not recommend this to anyone who doesn't know EXACTLY what he is doing.

--- End quote ---

Yowzer. Looks dangerous:

YTD Return   -65.18%
3y Average Return   -80.88%
5y Average Return   -83.48%

Bigun:

--- Quote from: bolobaby on July 28, 2016, 03:52:38 pm ---Yowzer. Looks dangerous:

YTD Return   -65.18%
3y Average Return   -80.88%
5y Average Return   -83.48%

--- End quote ---

VERY! My exposure there is very small for that very reason.

As I said messing around with it isn't for the average investor but they do it anyway.

ABX:

--- End quote ---

You must be riding patterns. I used to do that a lot on penny stocks and made a nice sum. I've changed my approach now and go for unnecessarily beat down stocks and ride their loss out of the storm.

bolobaby:
TREE and OCN are doing a fine job of propping my entire portfolio today. I'm surprised we've settled at only ~+10% on OCN. If you actually read into TREE's earnings re: mortgage, it should spell good news for OCN. Love to see it go closer to ~+20% where it was earlier today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version