General Category > Economy/Business

Investments

<< < (25/27) > >>

Idiot:

--- Quote from: Slip18 on January 18, 2018, 02:06:11 pm ---This is an old post, but hahahaha!

When I hear some big corporate head or hedge fund manager come on Fox Business and say, "Bitcoin is just going to keep going up," I have to laugh.  You just know that is the time not to get in on the action, or if you are brave enough to sell the stock.

This happened about two weeks ago.  I told my husband, and he laughed, too, at the hussling to get people to buy that stock.

And as I suspected, Bitcoin took a major dump.  Caveat emptor!

I do not read a lot on this thread, but this is very useful for people who buy and sell stocks.  I am more of a commidity type of person, rather than stocks.  I used to trade a lot.  Not as a day trader, but as a position trader.

But with our 401(k) going through the roof (thank you, President Trump), it is nice to come in here and see what the individual stocks are doing.

Thank you for having this thread here!

--- End quote ---
I've been waiting for bitcoin's demise as well.  When your barber mentions bitcoin, you know it's about to crash...lol.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on January 18, 2018, 03:10:58 pm ---I've been waiting for bitcoin's demise as well.  When your barber mentions bitcoin, you know it's about to crash...lol.

--- End quote ---

I have averaged an overall annual increase of 30-40% in worth the past 35 years.  Now in my retirements years, its not that spectacular gains, but am set.

All I will say is fundamentals don't support a 25,000 DJIA.  When I see PE ratios @25, 50, and higher (even with good sound companies) , we know this market is oversold and over-speculated.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Slip18 on January 18, 2018, 02:06:11 pm ---
But with our 401(k) going through the roof (thank you, President Trump), it is nice to come in here and see what the individual stocks are doing.

--- End quote ---

I am sure you remember '08, but how about '00, and '87?   Just keep it in perspective.

Slip18:

--- Quote from: mrpotatohead on January 18, 2018, 03:10:58 pm ---I've been waiting for bitcoin's demise as well.  When your barber mentions bitcoin, you know it's about to crash...lol.

--- End quote ---

Exactly!

888what 888what

Slip18:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on January 18, 2018, 04:01:11 pm ---I am sure you remember '08, but how about '00, and '87?   Just keep it in perspective.

--- End quote ---

I sure do!  We took care of that last year by putting half of the 401(k) portfolio into slow growth; 25% into small caps; the other 25% is still in large caps. 

Not trying to be greedy here.

888high58888

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version