Author Topic: Trump to look at recognizing Crimea as Russian territory, lifting sanctions  (Read 2151 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Donald Trump said Wednesday that, if he is elected president, he would consider recognizing Crimea as Russian territory and lifting the sanctions against Russia.

At a wide-ranging news conference, Trump said he “would be looking into that” when asked about his stance on Crimea and Russia. The Crimean Peninsula has been part of Ukraine for decades, but Russian President Vladimir Putin annexed the territory in March 2014 after a popular revolt toppled Kiev's pro-Russian government.....

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/trump-crimea-sanctions-russia-226292#ixzz4FeZVHhYI
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline kevindavis007

Russia must own him.. 
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Ukraine and The Crimea both were part of the Kingdom of Poland once as well, and will no doubt change control again some day.  Both countries are part of the most strategic and fought over territory on the planet. 

geronl

Putin's Puppet.

The Baltic countries had better be scared to death right now.

Offline libertybele

Putin's Puppet.

The Baltic countries had better be scared to death right now.

Putin's and Clinton's Puppet.  I'm scared to death right now.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

He really is a Putin toady

HonestJohn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I can't wait to hear how this is a brilliant nth dimensional chess move.
:boring:

The Trump campaign needs a yuge cork.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I'm actually at a loss for words over this one...

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline sinkspur

Trump's throwaway line, "we'll look at it".

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/27/donald-trumps-falsehood-laden-press-conference-annotated/

"Throwaway line"?   

Your Big Orange has so many throwaway lines it's really hard to determine what to take seriously anymore.   What serious candidate litters up his press conferences with bullshit?

None do.  But, then, Trump is not a serious candidate, nor a serious human being.  He's an ignorant, self-absorbed con artist who has sucked in a considerable number of gullible voters who think he's actually going to change things.

Trump has never changed anything.

He's rolled with the New York political system, using every slick angle to his advantage. 

He's rolled with the bankruptcy courts to saddle his creditors with even his personal debts so he could walk away scott-freel

He's rolled with the tide of angry people, tickling their ears with what they want to hear while having no idea how to do anything of what he says he'll do.

You are being used, people. Used to further the egomaniacal desires of a man who's bored with business and has decided to inflict his paranoid view of America on the rest of the country. 

And some of you are buying it.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
He's pretty generous with other people's countries, isn't he.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Suppressed

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

Yes he is.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Would you be willing to recognize the "facts on the ground" in Crimea if Russia would agree to (I) stay out of the Baltics, and (II)  provide real support and cooperation to crush ISIS and bring stability to Iraq, and (III) recognize, if it happens, an independent Kurdish state?

That's the deal I'd be willing to propose to Russia.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The way the GOP just shrugs this stuff off really makes me wonder if there wasn't some agreement for him to be the puppet like the reported deal with Kasich.

If true, some may say Pence will do fine but I would want someone to go to prison.

geronl

Would you be willing to recognize the "facts on the ground" in Crimea if Russia would agree to (I) stay out of the Baltics, and (II)  provide real support and cooperation to crush ISIS and bring stability to Iraq, and (III) recognize, if it happens, an independent Kurdish state?

I'm sure they'll even pinkie promise to stay out of the baltics. lol. right.

geronl

Would you be willing to recognize the "facts on the ground" in Crimea     

What is your definition of that?

Mine is Russian occupation of the sovereign territory of Ukraine by violent invasion.

geronl

How about give them Hawaii for the promise of being nice to us? Basically the same kind of thing. It's a stupid "trade" and I notice Ukraine would not even be consulted.

Offline NavyCanDo

2012. Obama to Putin
After my election I have more flexibility

2016. Trump to Putin
Who the hell needs to wait for an election?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Cripplecreek

2012. Obama to Putin
After my election I have more flexibility

2016. Trump to Putin
Who the hell needs to wait for an election?

:silly:

Offline Cripplecreek

Russia is playing too prominently in this election to be natural.

Russian ships displayed at DNC tribute to vets

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/archives/2013/03/20/russian-ships-displayed-at-dnc-tribute-to-vets/78536950/?platform=hootsuite

Offline Suppressed

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/military/archives/2013/03/20/russian-ships-displayed-at-dnc-tribute-to-vets/78536950/?platform=hootsuite

That wasn't this election.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

That wasn't this election.

Aww geeze, yer right. :facepalm:

geronl

Can't blame this one on Comrade Orange!