Author Topic: Reports of the death of Fox News were apparently premature (again); They just achieved their highest ratings in more than a decade  (Read 691 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: HOTAIR.COM

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2016/07/27/reports-of-the-death-of-fox-news-were-apparently-premature-again/

by: Jazz Shaw

Fox News has been in the news quite a bit over the last few weeks and not in a way that their executives might wish. The controversies surrounding Roger Ailes could leave one with the impression that the network is in major trouble after dominating the cable news game for years on end. But with the end of the Republican National Convention and the final compilation of the ratings, it seems that the public hasn’t been particularly put off their feed. Not only did Fox come in at the front of the pack yet again, they achieved their highest ratings in more than a decade. (Mediaite)

Though racked by internal scandal and jolted the dismissal of its founder and guiding star Roger Ailes, Fox News came in #1 in total viewers beating all cable networks in both prime time and total day during the week of the Republican National Convention.

During last week — from Monday, Jul. 18 to Sun, Jul. 24 — the cable news network was also #1 among all cable networks in primetime (8pm-11pm) for the coveted demographic of viewers aged 25-54. For primetime Fox averaged 4,212,000 viewers in total and 932,000 in 25-54…

Furthermore, FNC crushed the broadcast networks in total viewers at 10PM/ET with convention coverage, and was just behind NBC at number two in the 25-54 demo. FNC also claimed nine out of the top 10 telecasts in cable for the week, leading with America’s Election HQ on Thursday, July 21st, anchored by Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly, which averaged 9.7 million viewers and 2.6 million in adults 25-54 at 10PM.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

geronl

hard to believe anyone could stomach watching that crap

Offline SirLinksALot

Not that there are any other good alternatives on TV....

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

geronl

Not that there are any other good alternatives on TV....

I found COMET, a channel devoted to B-movie science fiction!

Offline skeeter

Any effect of their current policy of Trump butt kissing will not be apparent until the election over & it becomes obvious Trump is a phony, and FNC tries to once again pass itself off as Fair & Balanced.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I heard there were also some ratings where they slid into 3rd place.

Maybe that was just for the RNC.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/rnc-2016-ratings-fox-news-flat-big-jump-for-cnn-msnbc-1201819792/

Indicates at least a slide.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"When we leave Free Republic, they will be destroyed."

"When we quit viewing Fox, they will be destroyed."

"When we leave the GOP, they will be destroyed."

Loud but narrow.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

Loud but narrow.

"If he doesn't endorse Trump his career is over"

Loud but narrow.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Loud but narrow.
In other words, we are powerless, and should all just die.

(insult removed)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:49:57 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

geronl

I don't even watch TV these days. I do watch some foreign programs on Viki and Drama Fever.

geronl

In other words, we are powerless, and should all just die.

(insult removed)

We are out of step with the herd. I remember when individualism was prized among conservatives, now it is looked at as treason by the orange masses.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I found COMET, a channel devoted to B-movie science fiction!
In my area there is also GETTV, H&I, and if you like old game shows, sometimes just seeing old ads and products is amusing,BUZZR or for old westerns GRITtv. I haven't had satellite for a couple of years, no money for it, but haven't really missed it or cable news. We get by just fine with Netflix and Hulu.

Offline GtHawk

Offline GtHawk

We are out of step with the herd. I remember when individualism was prized among conservatives, now it is looked at as treason by the orange masses.
I'm fine with that, herds are subject to group think and  mindless stampedes that take them over a cliff(Trump). I will continue to run on the outside of the herd and think for myself.

geronl

In my area there is also GETTV, H&I, and if you like old game shows, sometimes just seeing old ads and products is amusing,BUZZR or for old westerns GRITtv. I haven't had satellite for a couple of years, no money for it, but haven't really missed it or cable news. We get by just fine with Netflix and Hulu.

If it was just me here, I wouldn't even have cable TV, just the high-speed internet. There are plenty of things to do and to watch without handing over more money than necessary for things I don't watch.

geronl

I'm fine with that, herds are subject to group think and  mindless stampedes that take them over a cliff(Trump). I will continue to run on the outside of the herd and think for myself.

Trump Plunge!

Offline GtHawk

If it was just me here, I wouldn't even have cable TV, just the high-speed internet. There are plenty of things to do and to watch without handing over more money than necessary for things I don't watch.
I agree, everything I watch, when I do is internet or over the air free.

Offline GtHawk

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Loud but narrow.

TOS is a pale imitation of its old self. Most any day the number of posts is a fraction of what it was just a year ago.

Piss off enough people and organizations which rely on people will cease to exist.  Doesn't mean you must cater to the lowest common denominator but its foolish to think numbers don't matter to Fox or GOP.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I haven't watched FOXSNooze in months.

There are a lot of better options these days.