Author Topic: Clinton campaign to argue Donald Trump ‘unfit’ to be commander in chief  (Read 1567 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article92099367.html

July 27, 2016 10:52 AM
Clinton campaign to argue Donald Trump ‘unfit’ to be commander in chief

Focus of Wednesday night will be national security

Defense officials, veterans to tout Hillary Clinton credentials, question Trump’s

Briefed on DNC leak, Clinton calls it a ‘national security,’ not political

By Lesley Clark

lclark@mcclatchydc.com

LinkedIn
        Google+
        Pinterest
        Reddit
        Print
        Order Reprint of this Story

PHILADELPHIA

Hillary Clinton’s campaign will position her Wednesday night as prepared to be the nation’s commander-in-chief, contrasting her with what it’s calling a “temperamentally unfit” Donald Trump.

The focus on national security comes as Republicans have criticized the Democrats for treading light on terrorism threats and national security in the four-day convention that opened Monday. Speakers on Wednesday will include former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and veterans who will contrast Clinton’s experience and qualifications with Trump’s “unsteady, unfit and dangerous approach,” Clinton campaign manager John Podesta said.

The convention will also focus on Clinton’s push for stricter gun control, featuring family members of those shot in the Orlando nightclub massacre, along with the daughter of the principal at Sandy Hook elementary school. Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, an independent who once considered his own bid for the presidency, will also speak.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article92099367.html#storylink=cpy

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Some of Hillary's commercials accurately depict Trump as a lunatic.  She's not going to have a difficult time showing how unfit he is to be Commander in Chief. Trump has given her plenty of ammunition these past 6 months.  She's the queen of deceit and spinning issues.  Meanwhile Trump remains clueless.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

geronl

They aren't wrong about that. Of course it's a bit of pot-kettle stuff

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Trump is an eccentric billionaire. The strange hair is an immediate tip-off (and it goes from there). I don't know if any of his supporters care, though, but he'd fit well on this list:

http://myfirstclasslife.com/10-bizarre-billionaires-ever/?singlepage=1
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

geronl

The man is the puppet of Vladimir Putin

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Probably told Trump to hire Manafort.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline NavyCanDo

Now there is an argument that can go both ways.  After what she has done, can Hillary get security clearance as president?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Leto

Given Clinton's track record on national Security as in her emails and Benghazi, calling Trump unfit, which he is. is a calssic case of the pot calling the kettle black.
"If the devil can keep you from asking the right question he never has to worry about the answer"

THe Screwtape Letters

HonestJohn

He's a traitor, actively seeking more Russian hacking against American politicians.

Wingnut

Starting now and reaching a crescendo in October the DNC and the pac's will lay waste to the great pretender with quotes and video of his own mental illness on full display in 30 second ads.   This will be fun to watch.

I can't wait.

Online LMAO

This is the only strategy Clinton can employ.

She knows the general public considers her a liar. The trust level for her is low and she knows she isn't going to change that. She also knows she represents all people hate about what's going on in Washington, DC. She also knows that she represents the status quo and nobody is going to see her as an agent of change.

The strategy is then make Trump so unfit in the eyes of the public that they decide to choose her as the lesser of two evils. Unfortunately, Trump does provide plenty of ammo. Will her strategy work? We will see but no question that's her sole strategy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

geronl

Starting now and reaching a crescendo in October the DNC and the pac's will lay waste to the great pretender with quotes and video of his own mental illness on full display in 30 second ads.   This will be fun to watch.

I can't wait.

Video of Trump praising Hillary and Obama and leftist ideas aired ad naseum in prime time.

Wingnut

Video of Trump praising Hillary and Obama and leftist ideas aired ad naseum in prime time.

I think it would be smart for the DNC to update the 1964 "Daisy" ad to use against the Mad Man Trump.  It would be effective.

Offline Night Hides Not

I can't wait.

The Clinton campaign is already peppering the airwaves with those "our children are watching" commercials. I find them effective, despite coming from a campaign headed and staffed by "home grown demagogues."

If Trump had an effective campaign apparatus, instead of his one man band, there would be commercials out today with a clip of Obama last night, followed by a couple of Hillary's more incendiary comments.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Trump's unfit, to be sure, but so is Clinton.   

This is a false choice - neither represents the "will of the people" - the people despise them both.

Consider Johnson/Weld -  smart, successful and principled two-term governors untainted by lies and corruption.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Night Hides Not

Trump's unfit, to be sure, but so is Clinton.   

This is a false choice - neither represents the "will of the people" - the people despise them both.

Consider Johnson/Weld -  smart, successful and principled two-term governors untainted by lies and corruption.   

The argument surrounding "suitability" for CinC died with Hillary's husband, when an admitted draft dodger was elected President in 1992.

I'm open to being hired by the Trump campaign, but I would require a substantial retainer, paid in cash.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.