Author Topic: Hotel fights back after Trump threatens not to pay  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Hotel fights back after Trump threatens not to pay
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2016, 05:22:44 pm »

Turn Christi loose on the hotel.  He's sneaky little twit.
Looks like that scene in starwars.
WHOO-HA WHOO-HA YOU HAVE FAILED ME FOR THE LAST TIME CHRISTIE! WHOO-HA WHOO-HA
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

If there ever was a gif worthy graphic.......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2016, 05:26:31 pm »
Yes it does.  HVAC system (with optimum  design tonnage) evaporator coils only can produce a delta T, of about 20 degrees versus ambient.  Say outside in 98, with nominal humidity, then it should cool any more than 78 inside.

AC systems are routinely designed to provide more than 20°F of cooling below ambient in hot climates.  Phoenix wouldn't exist as a major city if they couldn't.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Wingnut

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2016, 05:31:28 pm »
That shot sure brings Police Academy to mind....  :whistle:

Christi, I'M your Daddy!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If there ever was a gif worthy graphic.......

:beer: :0001:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 05:32:29 pm by Wingnut »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2016, 05:32:26 pm »
AC systems are routinely designed to provide more than 20°F of cooling below ambient in hot climates.  Phoenix wouldn't exist as a major city if they couldn't.

Maybe I should have stated "in humid climes"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2016, 05:49:56 pm »
Maybe I should have stated "in humid climes"

We cool more than 20°F below ambient in the Houston area as well.  My house isn't 80°F inside when it is +100°F outside.  Neither are the large power control buildings I specify with lots of heat generating equipment adding to the load.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2016, 05:54:43 pm »
We cool more than 20°F below ambient in the Houston area as well.  My house isn't 80°F inside when it is +100°F outside.  Neither are the large power control buildings I specify with lots of heat generating equipment adding to the load.

Mine is.  But then I have a shoddily constructed trac home.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »
Roanoke is not a huge business, convention, or tourist destination.  Why would they invest and install something that may be needed once in the lifetime of the HVAC's  useful life.  I wouldn't.
There is something being left out here, what was the maximum occupancy of the room, what was the number of guests Trump's people said would be using the room, how over occupied was the room, if any. Also how long were the doors to the room open prior to the event start where the AC may have been required to cool normally unassociated areas such as hallways which are generally kept warmer than occupied rooms?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2016, 06:02:59 pm »

If you fill your entire house with people elbow to elbow you might not.

20 degress is target for normal design, but most like you and I probably apply additional tonnage capacity  that will compensate for peak heat.  Heck if you put a 5 ton unit in a 1000 ft2 home you might get a delta T of 40 degrees.

Again, back to my earlier point, businesses like the one question often will not spend the extra capital if they think it won't it won't be utilized.

Offline Half Vast Conspiracy

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2016, 06:10:54 pm »
Wow, if you watched the damn rally, you would know he was not serious! **nononono*

Given that Donnie is not a serious person.

Offline thackney

« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2016, 06:41:50 pm »
There is something being left out here, what was the maximum occupancy of the room, what was the number of guests Trump's people said would be using the room, how over occupied was the room, if any. Also how long were the doors to the room open prior to the event start where the AC may have been required to cool normally unassociated areas such as hallways which are generally kept warmer than occupied rooms?

I remember reading that the doors to the outside of the Hotel had been nearly continuously open for a couple hours due to the traffic before this point.

Offline thackney

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 06:50:34 pm »
If you fill your entire house with people elbow to elbow you might not.

Absolutely, my house isn't designed for that heat load.

20 degress is target for normal design, but most like you and I probably apply additional tonnage capacity  that will compensate for peak heat.  Heck if you put a 5 ton unit in a 1000 ft2 home you might get a delta T of 40 degrees.

Sure, when I design a power control room (full of medium voltage switchgear and the like), I require the units to provide the cooling at the max design ambient running 50% of the time, with one of the units shutdown.  Normal for critical infrastructure that keeps a major plant running.  If the ambient a day or two a year goes above our design max ambient, the units run more often but still meet our temperature requirements inside.

Again, back to my earlier point, businesses like the one question often will not spend the extra capital if they think it won't it won't be utilized.

Was this room overfilled beyond its design capacity?  Was there a fire hazard due to beyond maximum occupancy allowed?

My point, and reason for responding was "HVAC system (with optimum  design tonnage) evaporator coils only can produce a delta T, of about 20 degrees versus ambient." is not a true limitation.  You may only get 20°F cooling across the evaporator coils, but that is from existing room temperature, not outside ambient temperature.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2016, 06:54:29 pm »
Just as a matter of point, and to show you can't just believe he was joking, Trump has a long history of either not paying contractors or vendors, or short changing them.
http://fortune.com/2016/06/10/donald-trumps-many-unpaid-ious/

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2016, 07:01:56 pm »
The article said the doors had been open 2 hours prior so people could come into the room.  I know that when we have an event we try to keep the doors shut as much as possible.  Station signage and an individual in front of the closed door to direct people.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2016, 07:04:57 pm »
The whole how an HVAC system works discussion I first thought was a distraction but it made me think of something.

Mr. I only higher the best and brightest, I make the best deals, no one knows more than me, couldn't even take into account occupancy and climate when setting the event up? (or his 'best and brightest' couldn't?)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2016, 08:11:24 pm »
If ya can't handle the heat get out of the hotel.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

geronl

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »

Texas would have a lot fewer residents

Wingnut

« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »
Texas would have a lot fewer residents

The Transplanted/Migrating hoards of Yankee's and Californian's anyway.  But you can't call Californians Yankee's cuz they really aren't anything!

geronl

« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2016, 11:12:20 pm »
The Transplanted/Migrating hoards of Yankee's and Californian's anyway.  But you can't call Californians Yankee's cuz they really aren't anything!

Call them Forn'ers and start building a wall.