Author Topic: Gov. McAuliffe Vows to Restore Felon Voting Rights After Blanket Clemency Struck Down  (Read 229 times)

rangerrebew

Gov. McAuliffe Vows to Restore Felon Voting Rights After Blanket Clemency Struck Down
By Jeannette Richard | July 25, 2016 | 5:06 PM EDT
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe signing an executive order in Richmond on April 22, 2016 restoring voting rights to over 200,000 felons. (AP photo)

(CNSNews.com) -- Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe vowed to sign about 206,000 individual executive orders restoring voting rights to felons who have completed their sentences and are no longer on probation after the state Supreme Court struck down a sweeping executive order he signed in April.

“I will continue to sign orders until I have completed restoration for all 200,000 Virginians. My faith remains strong in all of our citizens to choose their leaders, and I am prepared to back up that faith with my executive pen.

"The struggle for civil rights has always been a long and difficult one, but the fight goes on,” McAuliffe said in a statement reacting to the court decision.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/jeannette-richard/gov-mcauliffe-vows-restore-felon-voting-rights-after-va-supreme-court
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:39:25 am by rangerrebew »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He's got to make sure Hillary gets the Felon vote in November!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!