Author Topic: Photography  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Photography
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2016, 02:08:31 am »
Nice flower pics @Cripplecreek ~ Do you know the name of the lily? I believe that's the one I tried to grow from seed, but nothing happened. How tall does it get?

Michigan Lily Lilium michiganense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilium_michiganense

They grow 4 or 5 feet tall but they grow so well here that I have to cut them back to a couple of patches or they'll take over my whole yard. Another one of our local weeds that I like to let grow in the early summer are Oxeye daisies.

I see some black eyed susan down the road that I need to bring home plus I'd like to get some Jerusalem artichokes growing.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2016, 02:11:39 am »
That is an awesome picture.  You have a good eye.

Thank you @Oceander ~ My ears don't work worth a darn; almost completely deaf now, so I'm glad my eyes are okay, and I hope they go the distance. :)
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2016, 02:18:37 am »
Michigan Lily Lilium michiganense

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilium_michiganense

They grow 4 or 5 feet tall but they grow so well here that I have to cut them back to a couple of patches or they'll take over my whole yard. Another one of our local weeds that I like to let grow in the early summer are Oxeye daisies.

I see some black eyed susan down the road that I need to bring home plus I'd like to get some Jerusalem artichokes growing.

Thanks for the link; it's the Turk's Cap lily that I tried to grow with no success. I see they are similar. Beautiful flowers. Your Oxeyes are gorgeous. I've never had those before; we've never really lived on much land. But I plant wherever I can. Susans are wonderful. Nice long bloom period once they get going. I've got some hiding [supporting! ha!] some Joe Pye Weed. Gonna have to move them over this year. They look p*ssed off at me.

"Joe Pye Weed"

"Hey, lady, help us out [of] here!"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:27:24 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 02:24:23 am »
In the eastern upper peninsula Oxeye daisies grow for miles and miles on both sides of the roads

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2016, 02:36:47 am »
How local roads were maintained in 1914.

Great image; I'm presuming your great-grandfather wrote the date on the picture? That's a very good idea, regardless. It really adds to the whole feel of the [very old!] photo, too. Can you believe these people? I love them all.... [The guy sitting down in the middle is priceless.]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:37:23 am by mlizzy »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2016, 02:45:40 am »
That pic was taken in front of the Oddfellows lodge. It was apparently the gathering place for all sorts of events.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:02 am »
When I was single, I lived with my brother for five years. He had the greatest [dry] sense of humor of all time. (Had a Jack Nicholson/James Garner thing going on too.) This is one of the very first pictures I ever took.

"My brother Gary"
photo by MLizzy
12-1-74
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 04:40:12 am by mlizzy »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2016, 03:44:00 pm »
I generally hesitate posting something I'm trying to get published or sell, but this is one of my showcase shots for the year (added the copyright for a bit of protection if it shows up in a google search).

I'm hoping to get a wall size print of this one to submit to the airport.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:49:24 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 03:48:53 pm »
I generally hesitate posting something I'm trying to get published or sell, but this is one of my showcase shots for the year (added the copyright for a bit of protection if it shows up in a google search).

I do the same. I'll often insert my ownership into the metadata as well.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 11:02:36 pm »
Here is an amazing artist I am going to have the privilege of shooting in October, both publicity and live concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsYMD620-u4

I'm sure my wife will be closely supervising this one. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 11:04:01 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 08:18:18 pm »
My mother and I in 1965

My mother, sisters and I in 1972