Author Topic: Trump Abandons Last Vestiges of Conservatism, Promises a Considerable Hike in Minimum Wage  (Read 11857 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
@R4 TrumPence
@mystery-ak

If this is how y'all are going to run this place, count me out.

I have to ditto what Myst said. I'm just a nobody, but this place is about Liberty, not forcing one Orthodoxy and banning anything that doesn't agree. Sometimes with Liberty, that means there are things said that one doesn't like, but we are all adults and can ignore stuff we don't like.

Offline Mom MD

God is still in control

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have to ditto what Myst said. I'm just a nobody, but this place is about Liberty, not forcing one Orthodoxy and banning anything that doesn't agree. Sometimes with Liberty, that means there are things said that one doesn't like, but we are all adults and can ignore stuff we don't like.

R4 Trumpence has been a reasonable person as far as I am concerned, and I thank R4 and Myst for providing such a great site here,providing a lifeline from the TOS.

R4 and I  don't agree on Trump/Cruz obviously, but I am going to chalk up today, as just what it probably was.....   "A Bad Day"...We all have them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:26:48 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
R4 Trumpence has been a reasonable person as far as I am concerned, and I thank R4 and Myst for providing such a great site here,providing a lifeline from the TOS.

R4 and I  don't agree on Trump/Cruz obviously, but I am going to chalk up today, as just what it probably was.....   "A Bad Day"...We all have them.

Same. She has said on another thread that she's just recovering from food poisoning (from a restaurant) as well. Enough to give anyone a bad day.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Donald Trump can't abandon something he never had!  There is NOTHING conservative about him and there never has been!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

I always paid my subcontractors upon presentation of the invoice. Whip out the checkbook, paid in full. Most guys in the same business made their people wait until they had been paid by the fortune 5 company we were working for before they paid them. I wasn't worried about getting paid, myself, and held off so I could pay the crews first.
Of course, I had already checked their work and knew it was good, but I had some subcontractors who were more loyal than any employee ever was. They did their best work and I didn't have to hover to get the job done, done well, and done on time.

I had a lot of repeat work and a couple of guys who worked with me for years and would not consider other offers so long as there were jobs coming up.

Nothing stinks worse than getting to the end of a job and not having any money. Been there, done that. I wouldn't do that to the people who worked with me.

Not paying them gets around fast in smaller circles, and repeat work won't happen. I heard some horror stories...

Yep, that will get you the best..and the bests best.

I run a Masonry Business, sometimes it pushes to general on interesting projects. I always pay as soon as done..often cash.

But yes, reputation gets around. A few years back I bricked a Freddy's. Got the job because the Contractor asked the other subs who to hire.

Anyways, while working there, another builder whipped up and asked if I was the MAson contractor.. said yes and he had some work he wanted me to look at. Well he had no sooner driven off when the electrical contractor came out and told me that there would be pay issues with the man.

I checked around.. and sure enough I turned down his work... with extreme prejudice. When asked why ..I told him he had a reputation of poor/slow pay.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Well I think he prefers grownups from the sound of it!

Well, that comment certainly undid any goodwill your previous ones had built with me.

Grownups indeed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:27:54 pm by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Here here.  :beer:

Yes, I thank the lady's for the place they have made here.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

That ain't the way Jeff Epstien told it.

Brutality.  888high58888

Frederick Douglass

Online Lando Lincoln

@R4 TrumPence
@mystery-ak

If this is how y'all are going to run this place, count me out.

My Lord... From a guy who helped screw in the first light around here, this is not how this place is run.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline chae

Anyone can have a bad day, but this isn't the first time in 10 days that she's gone on an insane Anti-Cruz rant.

Offline Dirt for sale

I'm new here. I want to say what free republic wouldn't let me say, that Hillary has a Trump card, first name Donald.
She has waited patiently for eight years while racial tensions were fed a steady and rich diet, while Barry divided our country in a way no other POTUS did or possibly could have. Now that the new black panthers are on the rise (something the last Super Bowl depicted in many ways) it is time to divide the men from the women. Hillary (whom I playfully/seriously refer to as Kill Dog) has the requisite equipage to do for boys and girls what Bathhouse did for blacks and whites. She has the golden ticket, the Peyton Manning promise; the cat is already in the bag.
I was a Ron Paul supporter in 2004 and 2008, and it was abundantly clear then that our choices of presidential candidates are ever between bought puppets. Diebold voting machines ensure that the proper player is given the stage.
If the betting odds swing significantly in Trump's favor (and I expect they will for the sole reason to make sharps money) I posit that one would be wise to lay money on The Dawg.  It will be eight years of maximum suffrage (search Taiwanese animators on youtube for that excellent depiction of this election cycle) and when the dust settles I think Pajama Boy will be considered a man's man.
Trump incenses libs in a way I've never seen (for god's sake my little sister said she wants to kill him) and I had to remind her that he is working for Hillary to make the election seem legit. Being polarizing is part of his job description. If Trump wins I'll eat my words, but I believe the chances of Hillary being elected our next president stand at 100%. God help us! And a pity that the first female pres is as crooked as they come. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Welcome in. And very well said.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I'm new here. I want to say what free republic wouldn't let me say, that Hillary has a Trump card, first name Donald.
She has waited patiently for eight years while racial tensions were fed a steady and rich diet, while Barry divided our country in a way no other POTUS did or possibly could have. Now that the new black panthers are on the rise (something the last Super Bowl depicted in many ways) it is time to divide the men from the women. Hillary (whom I playfully/seriously refer to as Kill Dog) has the requisite equipage to do for boys and girls what Bathhouse did for blacks and whites. She has the golden ticket, the Peyton Manning promise; the cat is already in the bag.
I was a Ron Paul supporter in 2004 and 2008, and it was abundantly clear then that our choices of presidential candidates are ever between bought puppets. Diebold voting machines ensure that the proper player is given the stage.
If the betting odds swing significantly in Trump's favor (and I expect they will for the sole reason to make sharps money) I posit that one would be wise to lay money on The Dawg.  It will be eight years of maximum suffrage (search Taiwanese animators on youtube for that excellent depiction of this election cycle) and when the dust settles I think Pajama Boy will be considered a man's man.
Trump incenses libs in a way I've never seen (for god's sake my little sister said she wants to kill him) and I had to remind her that he is working for Hillary to make the election seem legit. Being polarizing is part of his job description. If Trump wins I'll eat my words, but I believe the chances of Hillary being elected our next president stand at 100%. God help us! And a pity that the first female pres is as crooked as they come.

Welcome aboard, @Dirt for sale:patriot:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

New or not you seem to have afirm grasp of the situation IMHO!

Welcome aboard!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Welcome. You'll see more FReepers here than they have left on FR.  :seeya:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Fantom

I'm new here. I want to say what free republic wouldn't let me say,

Welcome aboard.

Frederick Douglass

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Hearty welcome. We are up to around 500 new freepers since the whole purging, forcing orthodoxy started around February. Some of all stripes too, so it can get a bit lively here.

Offline Dirt for sale

Thank you ALL for your kind welcome! 
:beer:

After I was ZOTed I researched the history of free republic and discovered I was in a bad place, and that leaving there is a blessing. That was also how I was referred to www.freedrepublic.com
Sleeping with dogs gives one fleas, and i was becoming quite cantankerous over there. I am very grateful that this place exists. Thanks again, I will be back after some poolside fun with gargantua and pantegruel!
 888high58888

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

:amen:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

You are not the only one who thinks this way. Not by a long shot. What would he do differently if he were on Team Hillary?

Not much.

Welcome to the Forum!

geronl

After I was ZOTed I researched the history of free republic and discovered I was in a bad place, and that leaving there is a blessing. That was also how I was referred to www.freedrepublic.com

:silly: :silly:

That domain name worked! Kudos to the members who bought it!

Offline musiclady

Sleeping with dogs gives one fleas, and i was becoming quite cantankerous over there. I am very grateful that this place exists. Thanks again, I will be back after some poolside fun with gargantua and pantegruel!
 888high58888

I'll add my WELCOME to the many others!   :patriot:

Leaving TOS has been a blessing for many of us.  We don't all agree on things, but this is a great place where you can say what you think, and can think for yourself.

It's beautiful!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Welcome to TBR, @Dirt for sale !  You will find this place a refreshing change, so take your shoes off.  Please stop by the FR Refugee thread for some coffee and donuts.  It's a good place to kick back and read of all your old friends who have been waiting for you!   :seeya:

Clicker:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,202939.0.html
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

888high58888
Howdy!  :seeya:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis