Author Topic: Cruz Post-Convention: Popularity Among Americans Holds Steady  (Read 1007 times)

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
Re: Cruz Post-Convention: Popularity Among Americans Holds Steady
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 10:56:33 pm »
IMO, Trump has turned the GOP into a modern version of the "Know Nothing Party."

I think that is the most apt comparison.
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 11:08:35 pm »
And Now Newticle is making proclamations his ass can't back up.'

Newt Gingrich says Ted Cruz won't be welcome at future Republican Party events after attempt to undermine Donald Trump at Cleveland convention

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/newt-gingrich-says-ted-cruz-wont-be-welcome-at-future-republican/

Does gingrich even hold an official position in the party?

If Gingrich wants to talk about undermining conservatives/republicans maybe he can explain how helpful it was to pimp global warming alarmism with Nancy pelosi. THanks Newt, Americans have always wanted to pay more for less.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaZFfQKWX54

More recently he's been running around with Tulsi Gabbard and Van Jones whining about how our racist laws are putting too many blacks in prison.

Newt, just another life long insider. When Newt Gingrich first ran for office in 1974, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz were three years old. Ben Sasse was 2. Tom Cotton wasn’t born.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 11:17:52 pm »

Didn't remain steady with me!

Went up about 15 notches!

:beer:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 11:24:13 pm »
After the last two posts I feel quite comfortable #NeverTrump will be easily recognized by most sane people as the weirdos they are.

And that post enlightens me that weirdos, view #Nevertrump insanely.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 11:32:17 pm »
The upshot is pretty clear:

Among those not blinded by partisanship, Cruz's reputation has skyrocketed.

Among those stuck in the party-first rut, Cruz has indicted their souls.

People have forgotten that a year ago everyone hated the GOPe for continually rolling over for Obama and shivving their base every chance they got.

It could not be more clear that Cruz is standing alone in opposition to the GOPe. Trump and the GOPe are one and the same now.

If they do not deliver and deliver BIG Cruz will be the only guy on the scene with any credibility at all. His stock will skyrocket.

And if one thing is certain the GOPe wit Trump or without will deliver squat. They have no intention of changing their path.

Cruz will come out of this just fine.

The hyenas currently snapping at his heels, probably not so well.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2016, 11:34:24 pm »
And Now Newticle is making proclamations his ass can't back up.'

Newt Gingrich says Ted Cruz won't be welcome at future Republican Party events after attempt to undermine Donald Trump at Cleveland convention

Still wondering who exactly gives a hoot what Newt has to say about anything.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2016, 11:36:18 pm »
People have forgotten that a year ago everyone hated the GOPe for continually rolling over for Obama and shivving their base every chance they got.

It could not be more clear that Cruz is standing alone in opposition to the GOPe. Trump and the GOPe are one and the same now.

If they do not deliver and deliver BIG Cruz will be the only guy on the scene with any credibility at all. His stock will skyrocket.

And if one thing is certain the GOPe wit Trump or without will deliver squat. They have no intention of changing their path.

Cruz will come out of this just fine.

The hyenas currently snapping at his heels, probably not so well.

The hyenas look like real idiots right now. They're attacking Cruz for hurting the party while he is actively working to help grow it by endorsing conservatives while Trump and friends rabidly threaten to destroy him.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2016, 11:37:19 pm »
Still wondering who exactly gives a hoot what Newt has to say about anything.

It does show what Newt thinks is important, getting invited to all the right establishment parties.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 11:41:37 pm »
The hyenas look like real idiots right now. They're attacking Cruz for hurting the party while he is actively working to help grow it by endorsing conservatives while Trump and friends rabidly threaten to destroy him.

Worse than that, some in his inner circle are actively fundraising for democrats.

I don't know what its gonna take to open the suckers' eyes.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2016, 11:42:56 pm »
It does show what Newt thinks is important, getting invited to all the right establishment parties.

Excellent point!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »
The entire brouhaha over Ted Cruz's speech need not have happened.

Why are so many Republicans outraged by the exhortation to vote according to conscience? Aren't they confident in the case for Trump? Aren't they assured that he fits the description of a candidate "who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution"? Shouldn't this be a moment of affirmation? Shouldn't Republicans be able to honestly declare their conscientious support for their party's nominee? Really, what's the problem here?

NOTHING he said was wrong and EVERYTHING he said was right.

I've said this before and I'll say it again --- The response to Cruz's exhortation demonstrates  what may be the worst problem facing the Trump campaign.

His own voters don't believe in him. So many Republicans backing Trump today are doing so for no other reason than his status as the nominee. That's it. It's a completely pragmatic choice based on the alternative of Hillary Clinton, and it's a choice that goes against their own privately held beliefs.
Newt, the wiley old politician he is, saw that and tried to set the tone for how to handle what Cruz said. Trump, however, has an ego like the Hindenburg. Large, inflated, and highly combustible.
Trump felt that lines: "And, to those listening, please don't stay home in November....vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom, and to be faithful to the constitution." Was a dig. Trump also stated that Cruz added to his speech from the transcript he was given and that what he added. The conscience line was in the transcipt and Trump knew to be prepared for that. The line that was added was this: "God bless each and every one of you, and God bless the United States of America." I think Trump took that as a dig against his religion. Which raises the question why didn't Trump let it go why is he so insecure?

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline DrewsDad

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2016, 11:53:16 pm »
Trump also stated that Cruz added to his speech from the transcript he was given and that what he added. The conscience line was in the transcipt and Trump knew to be prepared for that. The line that was added was this: "God bless each and every one of you, and God bless the United States of America." I think Trump took that as a dig against his religion. Which raises the question why didn't Trump let it go why is he so insecure?

I think this is the line that he added:
And, like each of you, I want to see the principles that our party believes prevail in November.

Perhaps Trump doesn't want to see the principles prevail.

http://politistick.com/heres-line-cruz-added-speech-made-trump-blow-gasket/?utm_content=bufferdd950&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
"Vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."
- Cruz - The Consistent Constitutional Conservative

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2016, 12:06:04 am »
After the last two posts I feel quite comfortable #NeverTrump will be easily recognized by most sane people as the weirdos they are.

Category error.  You're clearly mistaking your Trumpist cohort for most sane people.  Not even close.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2016, 12:11:32 am »
Proudly supported Ted Cruz.  Proud to be considered weird by the trumpanzees.