Author Topic: Britain BOOMS after EU vote: Ignore the doom-mongers…it’s good news all round  (Read 221 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Britain BOOMS after EU vote: Ignore the doom-mongers…it’s good news all round

BRITAIN has been boosted by a host of positive economic reports putting paid to scaremongers who promised a financial crisis if we left the EU.

By ALISON LITTLE
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Fri, Jul 22, 2016 | UPDATED: 17:10, Fri, Jul 22, 2016

The Bank of England admitted it saw “no evidence” of a sharp economic slowdown and the pound gained in strength as a result.

Positive job figures showing unemployment falling and record numbers in work were heralded by new Prime Minister Theresa May.

Average earnings in the year to May were up 2.3per cent, official figures revealed, and mortgage brokers reported a brisk trade from foreign investors.

The FTSE index of the UK’s top 100 companies soared to an 11 month high, closing above the 6,700 mark for the first time since August.

The Bank of England, whose governor Mark Carney warned in May that Brexit was likely “to have a negative impact in the short term” reported that no such impact could be detected.

The Bank’s network of “regional agents” said UK firms were trying to maintain “business as usual” and the Bank said: “As yet, there was no clear evidence of a sharp general slowing in activity.”

The Bank’s agents said there had been a post-referendum dip in housing market activity but transactions had so far proved more resilient than some people had expected.

Excerpt: More at link below:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/691589/Britain-BOOMS-EU-vote-economy-economic-news-Brexit
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

As England and America are two countries separated by a common language  it is nice to see good news for our brothers across the pond.

geronl

Without the insane overregulations of the EU and its many contradictions and exceptions to laws, the UK will be able to make better trade deals. They will even make a better deal with the EU itself than they had as a member of it.

Offline Suppressed

Without the insane overregulations of the EU and its many contradictions and exceptions to laws, the UK will be able to make better trade deals. They will even make a better deal with the EU itself than they had as a member of it.

Reminds me that I need to do some shopping at https://www.ukgoods.com/ !
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn