Author Topic: Elderly priest, 86, is 'beheaded' by two ISIS knifemen shouting 'Daesh'  (Read 788 times)

Online DB

Elderly priest, 86, is 'beheaded' by two ISIS knifemen shouting 'Daesh' after they took nuns and worshippers hostage at French church: Police shoot both attackers dead then search for bombs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3708394/Two-men-armed-knives-people-hostage-French-church.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
'Daesh' is a derogatory term.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Real horror, that.

I think in Normandy. So, Northern France near where D-day was.

Fence in the banileues, the neighborhoods where terrorists come from.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:33:52 pm by TomSea »

HAPPY2BME

What 'targets' are they picking in a church in the US?

They really want to make a statement, don't they.

HAPPY2BME

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
from source

It comes as it emerged that the building was one of a number of Catholic churches on a terrorist 'hit list' found on a suspected ISIS extremist last April.

There are also reports that one of the attackers was a local resident who was under electronic tag surveillance having been jailed in France for trying to travel to Syria in 2015. His bail terms allowed him to be unsupervised between 8.30am and 12.30pm - the attack happened between 9am and 11am.

Talk about half measuresWat possible justification? Someone needs to be fired and disgraced.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

If they pick a church in Detroit they'll make a statement. Those are some seriously armed churches.
Like something out of a movie.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Priest murdered during Mass in terror attack on Catholic church in France

Two knife-wielding attackers who had pledged allegiance to ISIS, shouting "Allahu Akbar," slit the throat of an 86-year-old priest and critically wounded at least one other person during a Tuesday morning terror attack on a Catholic church near the Normandy city of Rouen, officials said.

The terrorists, who were later shot and killed by police, forced priest Jacques Hamel to kneel before they slaughtered him, and the Islamist attackers captured the bloody episode on film, according to a nun who escaped the assault.

Priest Jacques Hamel was killed in a terror attack on a France church.

"They forced him to his knees. He wanted to defend himself. And that's when the tragedy happened," said the nun, identified as Sister Danielle.

"They recorded themselves. They did a sort of sermon around the altar, in Arabic. It's a horror," she told BFM television.

The church is in the French region of Normandy.

ISIS' Amaq news agency said the France attack was carried out by two Islamic State "soldiers," Reuters reported.

"[ISIS] has declared war on us," French President Francois Hollande said Tuesday. "We must fight this war by all means, while respecting the rule of law -- what makes us a democracy."

The priest, identified by Sky News as Hamel, was dead at the scene, and another person, was clinging to life, Interior Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet said.

"Everyone knew him very well," Claude-Albert Seguin, 68, said of Hamel. "He was very loved in the community and a kind man."

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/26/priest-murdered-during-mass-in-terror-attack-on-catholic-church-in-france.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline goatprairie

European leaders.

"Uh....nothing to see here folks....just some more of those "lone wolves." We have no idea why these people shouting allah snackbar killed those priests. It's just a mystery. Yep."

Offline Victoria33

Priest murdered during Mass in terror attack on Catholic church in France  The terrorists, who were later shot and killed by police, forced priest Jacques Hamel to kneel before they slaughtered him...  "They forced him to his knees. The church is in the French region of Normandy.  ISIS' Amaq news agency said the France attack was carried out by two Islamic State "soldiers," Reuters reported. ,,,another person, was clinging to life, Interior Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet said.

What can we do to stop these killings?  Imagine having to kneel and realizing your throat was being cut.  We are Catholics and attend mass every week.  I can't imagine our pastor/priest being slaughtered.  I have said before our pastor was an Army sniper in his younger life.  He hunts every year during hunting season.  He is a large man and strong, looks to be in his 50s.  I don't know if two men could make him kneel.  The terrorists had knives, not guns, so I think our pastor would fight back until either he or the terrorists were dead.  I have a feeling he carries a gun on his person (this is Texas and he was a sniper) so maybe it would be the terrorists who died.

Our pastor is unique that he was a sniper - likely the only priest in the world who has that distinction.  Priests generally are gentle people, serving their congregation and they would be easy to kill, a really soft target for terrorists. 

Think of your church pastor and his being killed by terrorists.  It seems unbelievable that could happen.  CNN is about to cover this priest killing, going to a reporter in France. 

OK, morning mass was in progress and these two barbaric terrorists came in the church.  The priest was 86 yrs. old.  They also held the other people there as hostages.  Police got there fast, went in and killed the two terrorists.  Thank God, no negotiating was done, they just killed the savages.  (savages definition: fierce, violent, and uncontrolled.)

If you are a Christian, please pray for the soul of the gentle 86 yr. old, priest.

Offline TomSea

What worms and to do this to someone that age. Total evil.

http://www.voanews.com/content/movie-highlights-terror-at-algerian-monastery-118783859/157767.html

"A movie about the lives - and gruesome deaths - of French Cistercian Trappist monks in Algeria has become an unexpected box-office hit in France and has now been released worldwide. "Of Gods and Men" is set during Algeria's horrific 1990's civil war. The Tibhirine monastery where the monks live, serves as a reminder of the country's unresolved past.

The French Cistercian monastery sits on a small hill overlooking the Algerian village, Tibhirine, a two-hour drive from the capital. It is a large, rambling stone building surrounded by high walls and fields. The view from here is magnificent - the valley and distant hills spread below."

I've see that movie about those French Monks in Algeria. It's not as if this kind of incident is not totally unheard of in happening though not in France, we know Jews have been attacked like this. Amazing.

Unfortunately, Christianity and the Catholic faith have had their martyrs. There were missionaries killed in Viet Nam who now have feast days in their honor.

Interestingly, I see today is the Feast of Grandparents in the Catholic Church, day for St. Anne and Joachim; Mary's parents. ? Significant, I have no idea. Bless this Man of the cloth who served the Church for so long.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Saints/saint.aspx?id=1088

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace

Father Jacques Hamel

RIP Father Hamel. We love you!

Please pray for US, as we pray for you too ..

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Interestingly, I see today is the Feast of Grandparents in the Catholic Church, day for St. Anne and Joachim; Mary's parents. ? Significant, I have no idea. Bless this Man of the cloth who served the Church for so long.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/Saints/saint.aspx?id=1088
Good catch @TomSea  ^-^  Possibly this act of violence [by ISIS] happened on the feast day of Mary's parents, because a priest in Nigeria had a vision that the end to Boko Haram* would come through the recitation of the rosary [to, of course, the daughter of Sts. Anne and Joachim].

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/after-vision-of-christ-nigerian-bishop-says-rosary-will-bring-down-boko-haram-78382/
* https://www.quora.com/How-are-ISIS-and-Boko-Haram-connected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=83KIv9tlC0Y

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:05:13 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

geronl

Two lone wolves.

Motives will never be known.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Victoria asks:
"What can we do to stop these killings?"

And Fishrrman answers (with an image):

Back to dar al-islam with them.
With ALL of 'em!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
Local talker saying they did some sort of ritual at the altar

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
White House spokesman Ned Price said: 'France and the United States are committed to protecting religious liberty for all faiths.

What an odd way to put it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3709013/I-left-began-attack-father-Jacques-Chilling-eye-witness-account-nun-managed-escape-ISIS-butchers-beheaded-priest.html#ixzz4FYi7ojbI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline TomSea

Maybe just like the TOS; we should have a separate label, here, a separate forum for WOT; War On Terror.

Especially since this is like a daily headline now, some sort of terror act, lunacy.

Per the newspapers: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-36900684 A few samples.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Three things that really bug me about this totally preventable attack.  And if you think about it this one was preventable.

a) The authorities already knew this church was on a "hit list' from documents they recovered from a raid on a terrorists apartment back in April

b) The authorities knew that the attacker had recently been to Turkey and back and was on a watch list.

Then I read this today:

Attacker who murdered Catholic priest under police supervision, wore monitoring bracelet

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/26/attacker-who-murdered-catholic-priest-under-police-supervision-wore-monitoring-bracelet.html#&_intcmp=hpbt3

This one is on the French authorities IMHO.  I mean how in the hell do you have a tracking device on a suspect...which means they KNOW where he's at...and still let him walk into a known target and commit this atrocious act?

Someone in the French government needs to get sacked over this one.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!