Author Topic: Taylor Swift's feud with Kim Kardashian and Kanye West has gone nuclear  (Read 1264 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swift-famous-feud-kim-kardashian-kanye-west-2016-7

by: Sarah Kimmorley

It's not yet a bloody feud of Shakespeare's Montague-Capulet proportions, but an ongoing fight over Kanye West's song "Famous" involving Taylor Swift has gone up another notch after West's wife, Kim Kardashian, claimed on Snapchat that Swift was lying.

West's wife reignited the argument just before the latest episode of her reality TV show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," aired, featuring her accusing Swift of lying and "playing the victim again."

Exquisite timing.

Just in case you're wondering how this Balkanization of the rich and famous came about, it dates back to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when West interrupted Swift's acceptance speech with his "I'mma let you finish" outburst backing Beyoncé.

He subsequently apologized to Swift, but 12 months later he was claiming that his intervention put the country singer on magazine covers everywhere and helped her sell records, then complaining: "Taylor never came to my defense at any interview. And rode the waves and rode it and rode it."

Things seemed to have settled down until West released his single "Famous" at the start of the year, with the lyrics "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/Why? I made that bitch famous/damn, I made that bitch famous."

It all went down from there, especially after Swift won album of the year at the Grammys for a second time — the first woman to do so — and in an acceptance speech many saw as a veiled reference to West, said: "There are going to be people along the way who try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame."

Her camp was throwing it back at West, denying he called "for approval, but to ask Taylor to release his single 'Famous' on her Twitter account," saying, "She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message."

From there on, hostilities escalated, with Kardashian entering the fray in an interview with GQ, saying Swift "totally knew that that was coming out."

"She wanted to all of a sudden act like she didn't," she added.

Keen to defend West's honor, she continued, "I swear, my husband gets so much shit for things [when] he really was doing proper protocol and even called to get it approved."

And there's a video.

Here's how GQ recounts things in Kardashian's words:

"I don't know why she just, you know, flipped all of a sudden ... It was funny because [on the call with Kanye, Taylor] said, 'When I get on the Grammy red carpet, all the media is going to think that I'm so against this, and I'll just laugh and say, 'The joke's on you, guys. I was in on it the whole time.' And I'm like, wait, but [in] your Grammy speech, you completely dissed my husband just to play the victim again."

On Sunday, Kardashian hit the nuclear button with her Snapchat posts of the footage:

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

The video is a minefield in itself, as the GQ interview outlines while explaining that West commissions videographers to film when he is recording.

Kardashian told GQ that Swift's lawyers sent her a letter saying: "Don't ever let that footage come out of me saying that. Destroy it."

Here's how the writer Caity Weaver tries to untangle things:

"I ask Kim how Taylor Swift's people could have known about the footage, if Swift didn't even realize she was being recorded in the first place.

"Kim tells me she isn't sure, but she thinks someone from Team Kanye might have called someone from Team Taylor."

Swift made her views known this afternoon:

Taylor SwiftVerified account
‏@taylorswift13
That moment when Kanye West secretly records your phone call, then Kim posts it on the Internet.
[/size]

And here's the thing if you listen to the seemingly heavily edited Snapchat. West reads her the lyric about wanting to have sex with her. He makes no mention of calling her a bitch, which is the key thing the two sides have been fighting over.

It looks as if haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate for some time to come.

And no one's shaking it off.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
I would vote for anyone who promised to unleash total, all out, take no prisoners, kill ‘em all and let God sort ‘em out later, thermonuclear war on all of the Kardashians and anyone associated with them.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Idiot

SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swift-famous-feud-kim-kardashian-kanye-west-2016-7

by: Sarah Kimmorley

It's not yet a bloody feud of Shakespeare's Montague-Capulet proportions, but an ongoing fight over Kanye West's song "Famous" involving Taylor Swift has gone up another notch after West's wife, Kim Kardashian, claimed on Snapchat that Swift was lying.

West's wife reignited the argument just before the latest episode of her reality TV show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," aired, featuring her accusing Swift of lying and "playing the victim again."

Exquisite timing.

Just in case you're wondering how this Balkanization of the rich and famous came about, it dates back to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards when West interrupted Swift's acceptance speech with his "I'mma let you finish" outburst backing Beyoncé.

He subsequently apologized to Swift, but 12 months later he was claiming that his intervention put the country singer on magazine covers everywhere and helped her sell records, then complaining: "Taylor never came to my defense at any interview. And rode the waves and rode it and rode it."

Things seemed to have settled down until West released his single "Famous" at the start of the year, with the lyrics "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/Why? I made that bitch famous/damn, I made that bitch famous."

It all went down from there, especially after Swift won album of the year at the Grammys for a second time — the first woman to do so — and in an acceptance speech many saw as a veiled reference to West, said: "There are going to be people along the way who try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame."

Her camp was throwing it back at West, denying he called "for approval, but to ask Taylor to release his single 'Famous' on her Twitter account," saying, "She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message."

From there on, hostilities escalated, with Kardashian entering the fray in an interview with GQ, saying Swift "totally knew that that was coming out."

"She wanted to all of a sudden act like she didn't," she added.

Keen to defend West's honor, she continued, "I swear, my husband gets so much shit for things [when] he really was doing proper protocol and even called to get it approved."

And there's a video.

Here's how GQ recounts things in Kardashian's words:

"I don't know why she just, you know, flipped all of a sudden ... It was funny because [on the call with Kanye, Taylor] said, 'When I get on the Grammy red carpet, all the media is going to think that I'm so against this, and I'll just laugh and say, 'The joke's on you, guys. I was in on it the whole time.' And I'm like, wait, but [in] your Grammy speech, you completely dissed my husband just to play the victim again."

On Sunday, Kardashian hit the nuclear button with her Snapchat posts of the footage:

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE VIDEO

The video is a minefield in itself, as the GQ interview outlines while explaining that West commissions videographers to film when he is recording.

Kardashian told GQ that Swift's lawyers sent her a letter saying: "Don't ever let that footage come out of me saying that. Destroy it."

Here's how the writer Caity Weaver tries to untangle things:

"I ask Kim how Taylor Swift's people could have known about the footage, if Swift didn't even realize she was being recorded in the first place.

"Kim tells me she isn't sure, but she thinks someone from Team Kanye might have called someone from Team Taylor."

Swift made her views known this afternoon:

And here's the thing if you listen to the seemingly heavily edited Snapchat. West reads her the lyric about wanting to have sex with her. He makes no mention of calling her a bitch, which is the key thing the two sides have been fighting over.

It looks as if haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate for some time to come.

And no one's shaking it off.
:whocares:

Offline Millee

I would vote for anyone who promised to unleash total, all out, take no prisoners, kill ‘em all and let God sort ‘em out later, thermonuclear war on all of the Kardashians and anyone associated with them.

LOL!  I think I could support this as well.   :beer:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't know which is worse: having to choose between Clinton or Trump for President, or having to take sides in a feud between Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline uglybiker

...or having to take sides in a feud between Kim Kardashian a recovering gay fish married to a hobbit and Taylor Swift.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
From all accounts, Taylor seems like a fairly sweet genuine girl, and the other two are known and proven trashy, so Taylor wins.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

Who cares?

I wish these people would simply vanish off the face of the Earth.

Offline mountaineer

Such a person would deserve a Nobel prize.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

Kayne West is the Donald Trump of Hip Hop.  Both are No Talent hacks with a twitter account and not a brain cell between them to use it for good.

Offline mountaineer

Dagnabbit, please leave Trump off the thread! The Kartrashians and their various bedpartners are annoying enough, all by themselves!  :tongue2:  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

Offline uglybiker

nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
From all accounts, Taylor seems like a fairly sweet genuine girl, and the other two are known and proven trashy, so Taylor wins.
Well, she used to be, anyway. But the big-star life seems to be getting to her.

I remember a few years back she did a song called "You Belong with Me." She did a music video where she played a dual role: the good-girl-next-door type looked pretty much like Swift did in her early years. Then there was the popular-girl villain. The more she's moved toward pop music, the more she ends up looking like the villain from that music video.

Note that this isn't even the only fiasco she's dealing with right now. It appears she was cheating on her boyfriend (Calvin Harris) with another guy (actor Tom Hiddleston, who by the way does one of the worst Hank Williams impersonations ever caught on camera), then dumped Harris for Hiddleston—and now she and Harris are fighting over who wrote Harris's latest song. She's notorious for serial dating and is known for using her experiences with guys to write her songs.

A few years ago, if I were to have met Taylor Swift, I would have dated her, despite the risks. Now? I probably couldn't bring myself to do it. And this from a guy who has been single for far too long.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
A few years ago, if I were to have met Taylor Swift, I would have dated her, despite the risks. Now? I probably couldn't bring myself to do it.

Uh....you sure about that?

I've never cared about -- nor do I follow -- who dates who, etc...  If she broke up with one guy to date another, well....not exactly uncommon, is it?  As far as I know (which admittedly isn't much) she's never taken sides in racial battles, and the only real complaint about her is that she dates around.  A lot worse sins for a mid-20's girl.