Author Topic: Tim LaHaye, Co-Author of 'Left Behind' Series, Dies at 90  (Read 678 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: Christian Post

URL: http://www.christianpost.com/news/tim-lahaye-co-author-of-left-behind-series-dies-at-90-166981/

by: Michael Gryboski

Tim LaHaye, pastor and co-author of the best-selling Left Behind book series, has died at age 90 following a severe stroke.

LaHaye became a notable name in End Times literature when he co-authored alongside Jerry B. Jenkins the 16-book series which sold over 50 million copies.

In announcement posted Monday on LaHaye's official Facebook page, it was reported that the pastor and author died at a San Diego hospital.

Jerry B. Jenkins, co-author of the Left Behind books, said in a statement regarding LaHaye's passing that Tim was a "spiritual giant."

"Thrilled as I am that he is where he has always wanted to be, his departure leaves a void in my soul I don't expect to fill until I see him again," said Jenkins.

"If Tim was missing from the autograph table or the green room of a network television show, he was likely in a corner praying with someone he'd just met — from a reader to a part-time bookstore stock clerk to a TV network anchorman."

Based off of the book of Revelation, the series followed the events of the end of the world as seen through the experiences of people who remained on earth following the Rapture.

The first of the LaHaye and Jenkins series was released in 1995 and by 2002 the series had sold approximately 50 million copies.

"English teacher Donna Camby, of Pacolet, South Carolina, made the historic purchase of the 50 millionth copy at Christian Supply in Spartanburg during a packed booksigning of more than 700 Left Behind fans," noted leftbehind.com.

"The Left Behind series from Tyndale House Publishers is the fastest-selling adult series and the all-time best-selling Christian novels."

The success of the Left Behind books led to multiple movie adaptions, including a 2014 version starring Nicolas Cage and directed by Vic Armstrong.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Tim LaHaye, Co-Author of 'Left Behind' Series, Dies at 90
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 06:59:35 pm »

geronl

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 06:59:57 pm »
Interesting concept, but the "left behind" theory is not very Biblical.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 11:07:52 pm »
Interesting concept, but the "left behind" theory is not very Biblical.

It is totally understood that the Rapture of the Church before Christ Second coming and even a literal 7-year tribulation period is not accepted by all of Christendom. But why does the church spend so much time arguing about it?  The biggest mistake the Church does is fight and divide over non-essential doctrine, and this has been happening since the First Century Church.  I don't know why it is, but we Christians like to fight over things that are not important. So much so we have separated into an untold number of denominations and denominations within denominations. Big and little boxes, and only our box has it right.   All of this causes us to miss the beauty of the Gospel and theology, and what the Church was called to do.   My pastor explains it this way, "We tend to Major on the minors, and Minor on the majors."

It's Ok to have dialog respective of others over these non-essential beliefs,  but not at the risk of taking our eyes off the tenants that unite us, or to put it simply the fours Pillars of Faith.

God Made it
We broke it
Jesus fixed it
The Church shares it.

I do believe in the Rapture of the Church and that there will be people among the "Left Behind" that will discover the Truth, but I'm not going to spend my time trying to change anyone's own beliefs.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »
One of the best books I've ever read a friend gave to me as a wedding gift called The Act of Marriage by Tim and Beverly LaHaye.  I looked for it several years ago to also give to someone as a wedding gift and couldn't find it.

It was, um, very descriptive and truthful and helpful.

Just did a search on Amazon and it popped right up. Published in 1976.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:44:57 pm by Ms. AntiFeminazi »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:04:38 am »
One of the best books I've ever read a friend gave to me as a wedding gift called The Act of Marriage by Tim and Beverly LaHaye.  I looked for it several years ago to also give to someone as a wedding gift and couldn't find it.

It was, um, very descriptive and truthful and helpful.

Just did a search on Amazon and it popped right up. Published in 1976.

You can still buy it at Amazon:https://www.amazon.com/Act-Marriage-Beauty-Sexual-Love/dp/B0095H59DM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469498630&sr=8-2&keywords=Tim+Lahaye+the+act+of+marriage

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 06:29:09 am »
But why does the church spend so much time arguing about it?  The biggest mistake the Church does is fight and divide over non-essential doctrine, and this has been happening since the First Century Church.  I don't know why it is, but we Christians like to fight over things that are not important.

Because the saying "The Devil is in the details" is the literal truth. If he can make individuals, priests, congregations and entire denominations spend all their time in pissing matches about some detail of interpretation of the none essential stuff, the essential stuff gets downgraded to supporting text.

Then the Devil laughs and collects more souls.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 11:19:22 am »
Well said, EC.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org