Author Topic: Prominent Catholic cardinal says ‘Christian nations’ in West must counter Islamic influx  (Read 277 times)

rangerrebew

Prominent Catholic cardinal says ‘Christian nations’ in West must counter Islamic influx
Posted on July 24, 2016 by creeping

Source: US cardinal says ‘Christian nations’ in West must counter Islamic influx | Religion News Service

(RNS) Amid heightened tensions over ISIS-fueled terror attacks and anti-Muslim rhetoric, a prominent U.S. cardinal says Islam “wants to govern the world” and Americans must decide if they are going to reassert “the Christian origin of our own nation” in order to avoid that fate.

Cardinal Raymond Burke, a Rome-based prelate known as an outspoken conservative and critic of Pope Francis’ reformist approach, said in an interview on Wednesday (July 20) that Islam is “fundamentally a form of government.”

While Catholic teaching recognizes that all Abrahamic faiths worship the same God, Burke criticized Catholic leaders who, in an effort to be tolerant, have a tendency “to simply think that Islam is a religion like the Catholic faith or the Jewish faith.”

“That simply is not objectively the case,” he said.

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/christian-nations-in-west-must-counter-islamic-influx/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:21:23 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I have heard of this Cardinal Burke. Well said.

Offline SirLinksALot

Cardinal Raymond Burke, a Rome-based prelate known as an outspoken conservative and critic of Pope Francis’ reformist approach, said in an interview on Wednesday (July 20) that Islam is “fundamentally a form of government.”

So, who are Catholics to listen to, the Cardinal or the Pope?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
SirLinksALot asks:
"So, who are Catholics to listen to, the Cardinal or the Pope?"

That's a decision each will have to make on his or her own.

I certainly wouldn't listen to this ridiculous excuse for a "Pope".
Any more than I would "listen to" the ridiculous excuse we have here for a president...

Offline sinkspur

So, who are Catholics to listen to, the Cardinal or the Pope?

You tell me.  You've seen Pope Francis.  Here's Raymond Burke:

What grown man dresses up in lace and looking like he's going to spade the garden?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline SirLinksALot

Here's another picture of the Cardinal

I prefer this more traditional one:

Offline sinkspur

This is my image of a true servant of the Church. Blase Cupich, archbishop of Chicago, who will be a Cardinal in the next consistory:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.