Author Topic: Q&A: Islamic State Has 'Metastasized,' Says Pulitzer Prize-Winner Joby Warrick  (Read 400 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Q&A: Islamic State Has 'Metastasized,' Says Pulitzer Prize-Winner Joby Warrick

Excerpt:

RFE/RL: Some experts say there is little hope that the threat posed by a radical militant group such as Islamic State will diminish anytime soon. Authors Michael Weiss and Hassan Hassan have even said, “The army of terror will be with us indefinitely.” Do you agree?

Warrick: I think that's unfortunately true, at least realistically in our lifetime. But I think the threat is going to change, it's not going to be the same. Just as we saw a big threat from Al-Qaeda 10 to 15 years ago, that threat changed. I think the same thing is going to happen with Islamic State; it's going to eventually lose its territory, that's inevitable. But they are going to be left with the idea, and with people who have been radicalized by IS and who have gone back to their home countries. The ideas aren't going away, so we're going to have to be involved in this conflict for a very long time.

http://www.rferl.org/content/qa-islamic-state-metastisized-pulitzer-winner-warrick/27850260.html
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 03:38:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Sure is great Hillary selected somebody for VP, likely to be sympathetic, to Islamic interests; the better to continue the insane idea of "Junior Varsities," etc.

To support ousting the very leaders, that were keeping the lids on places like Egypt, Libya and Syria. That was the Obama-Hillary strategy.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

@TomSea, slightly off topic, but I see you've got a big picture of our former governor, Rick Perry, in your signature line.  What was it about Perry that appealed to you?