Author Topic: MEET THE PRESS: Trump certifies himself as a lunatic  (Read 4420 times)

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: MEET THE PRESS: Trump certifies himself as a lunatic
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2016, 02:32:50 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose
Letting go of their savior fantasy is going to be very, very difficult.

I think the Obama administration is an example of that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2016, 02:33:37 pm »
Pence is one. Jeff Sessions is another. He is dead to me.

I agree.

Silver Pines

« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2016, 02:36:28 pm »
I think the Obama administration is an example of that.

Yep, very true.  It's exactly the same kind of cultic worship.  Although I would note that the Obamabots chanted "Yes, we can", but Trump supporters went even further with, "Yes, YOU will."  They invested all of the power in their hero figure.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2016, 02:42:09 pm »
You are kidding, right?  What are you watching?  I need to tune in.
@ConstitutionRose

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-ailes-campaign-run

Donald Trump said in an interview aired Sunday that "a lot of people" thought former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes would run his campaign.

Trump said on NBC News' "Meet the Press" that, at first, he didn't want to comment on Ailes. Ailes announced he was leaving Fox last week amid sexual harassment allegations.

"But he's been a friend of mine for a long time. And I can tell you that some of the women that are complaining, I know how much he's helped them. And even recently. And when they write books that are fairly recently released, and they say wonderful things about him," Trump said.

"And now all of a sudden they're saying these horrible things about him. It's very sad. Because he's a very good person. I've always found him to be just a very, very good person," Trump continued. "And by the way, a very, very talented person. Look what he's done. So I feel very badly. But a lot of people are thinking he's going to run my campaign."
One of the commentaries at the link states:

"A lot of people" always means Trump himself. -mattinpa
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2016, 02:43:44 pm »
Trump is the new dictator in the early Woody Allen movie Bananas. After fighting the revolution and winning, the people get to hear from their new leader for the first time.

Having no idea how to post a youtube, here is a link, maybe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV4N2dk0cMk

Simply delete the s in https and it embeds

Offline Forum member

« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2016, 02:52:46 pm »
I agree.

Newly found Benedict Sessions is one my 5 biggest disappointments this campaign season.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2016, 03:21:55 pm »
I think we all agree on that point.

It is the inchoate rambling that follows that any reasonable person ought to find troubling. And no Presidential candidate in recent memory (with the possible exception of H Ross Perot) has been as incoherent as Donald J. Trump. Call it the "Trump Train of Thought".

His mind is as neat and orderly as a freshly-dynamited apartment building, and his depth of comprehension of policy matters can be measured in microns.

And now, the GOP is stuck with this Twitter-brained, loud mouthed cretin. Well, that's their problem, now. I'm a new Independent voter, after 40 years in the Republican Party. Thanks, geniuses.

Very well said!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2016, 03:25:48 pm »

Steve Peoples
‏@sppeoples
Don Trump Jr on DNC questioning Sanders religion: "If my father's campaign did that, they'd be calling for people to get the electric chair"

Josh Perry ‏@MrJoshPerry  19m19 minutes ago
Josh Perry Retweeted Steve Peoples
"To the best of my knowledge, not too many evangelicals come out of Cuba" - Donald Trump
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2016, 03:30:24 pm »
For anyone who still doubts Ann Coulter is a bigot:

Ann Coulter
‏@AnnCoulter
I like hearing CNN's Fareed Zakaria ask in a thick Indian accent, "What kind of America do we want to return to?"

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter  1h1 hour ago
Now, Australian Danielle Pletka says Trump sounds like a national leader "OF RUSSIA." Pro Tip: Try to get Americans tell us what's American.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2016, 03:41:28 pm »
@Texas Yellow Rose

We have to face the fact that our next president is going to be either a corrupt Clinton or an equally corrupt Clinton donor who is also a certifiable lunatic.

The only thing left to do is laugh our butts off and enjoy the schadenfreude as even the most hardcore Trump worshipers come to realize what they've done.   Letting go of their savior fantasy is going to be very, very difficult.
Just think of the potential money to be made in support groups.... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »
@Emjay

Speaking of Pence, I would love to know what's going through his mind right about now.  What a fool.
There is an old saw about waking up in the morning with an incredible hangover and wanting to chew your arm off....

Yep. He's in a 'coyote ugly' situation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2016, 03:47:31 pm »
This is what sandbagging looks like folks. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2016, 03:49:25 pm »
Yep, very true.  It's exactly the same kind of cultic worship.  Although I would note that the Obamabots chanted "Yes, we can", but Trump supporters went even further with, "Yes, YOU will."  They invested all of the power in their hero figure.

He is from the government and he is here to help.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2016, 04:48:12 pm »

Understood, of course, but with just one caveat.    Whoever's President will need to be reined in by Congress.   And this talk about leaving the GOP suggests that the party consists solely of the top.   I want to see Pat Toomey re-elected,  and I don't want conservatives to lose all influence by the GOP losing the Senate and even the House.   

There's still a need to stay a Republican,  to put the yard signs out and otherwise work affirmatively to limit the damage.

I've made my peace with it by adopting a small mental fiction.  For some strange reason, the GOP didn't put up a candidate for President this year.   There's a Dem candidate I don't like,  and a "National Front" candidate I like even less.   I'll vote my conscience,  and thank the Trumpsters for demanding I don't.   

Honestly, I don't give a hoot about Toomey either...I remember when he  banged the drum against military "don't ask don't tell" and the "Defense of Marriage Act" before he was even sworn in, and then led McConnell and Reid's budget "super committee" that resulted in sequestration and chaos in military funding.  Lately, he's become big buddies with Joe Manchin and has become a gun grabber of the worst sort.  And his fundraising emails lately are becoming more desperate as he is finally realizing how much damage he has done to himself by cozing up to McConnell. 

So screw Toomey!

I am not a fan of Toomey either.

Background checks on gun sales
  On April 17, 2013, the U.S. Senate took a vote on and defeated a measure that would have expanded federal background checks for firearms purchases.[51] The vote was 54-46, with supporters falling six votes short of the required 60-vote threshold.[52] Toomey was one of the 4 Republican Senators who voted in favor of the measure.[53]

I can still vote and work for down ticket Republicans in the general if they are actually conservatives.  But there is no indication that the GOP today will support actual conservatives running in primaries.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2016, 04:55:02 pm »

I'm OK with this cartoon because the tree represents the established place to sit - the place where government currently exists.

NeverTrump does need to jettison themselves away from that corrupt tree.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:30 pm »
Meet the Press ‏@meetthepress  1h1 hour ago
Would Trump support a Dem over David Duke? "Depending on who the Democrat is, but the answer would be yes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2016, 04:59:31 pm »
Trump just now said he'll probably hire Roger Ailes to run his campaign (what happened to Manafort)?

Hillary will have a field day with that one.  Imagine the ads:  Donald Trump hires a man who is under investigation for sexually harrassing women (with pics of Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly).

As if Trump doesn't have problems with women................

@sinkspur

The Orange One probably thinks that is something to be proud of because it makes him look like a "real man".

Don't forget,that tard has lived in a "wealth bubble" his whole like that has kept him separated from reality. To him,reality is just a concept.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Wingnut

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2016, 05:02:51 pm »
Trust fund child with both inherited money and inherited political connections. 

You don't have to be smart to inherit money and connections.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2016, 05:03:40 pm »
For anyone who still doubts Ann Coulter is a bigot:

Ann Coulter
‏@AnnCoulter
I like hearing CNN's Fareed Zakaria ask in a thick Indian accent, "What kind of America do we want to return to?"

Ann Coulter ‏@AnnCoulter  1h1 hour ago
Now, Australian Danielle Pletka says Trump sounds like a national leader "OF RUSSIA." Pro Tip: Try to get Americans tell us what's American.

@sinkspur

I like it. Having someone foreign born that immigrates here legally that is speaking up for America is a good thing. MUCH better than someone with a Bahstun or NYC accent that was born here dumping on America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2016, 05:11:47 pm »
Utterly bizarre. Yet true to form.

we are so screwed.

We are. I'm really worried about my godson who is going into 5th grade. What kind of world are we leaving for him and his children?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Idiot

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2016, 05:12:53 pm »
Entire interview...for your viewing pleasure.  :o)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLcL2fSxGKw

Wingnut

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2016, 05:17:46 pm »
You honor me, my friend, :beer: I needed to unplug and re-evaluate my positions.  I'm sure you kept the Trump fans honest in my absence.

Man, Am I glad you are back.    You and Frank Cannon have been missed.  I have to go away for a while.  My PO, Seymour Scagnetti is gonna violate me and put me back in the halfway house If I don't get a job and report in once a week.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2016, 05:20:46 pm »

Love the pic, brings back memories of Ralph Williams "The Lonely Lynwood Ford Dealer"  in the 60's out here in SoCal, but is it fair, I mean do you really think Trump would be that ethical?

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2016, 05:25:32 pm »
I guess Ms. Coulter has never heard Melania Trump speak.

:silly:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause