Author Topic: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....  (Read 17733 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »
However those who have actually met with the man say vastly  differently......

Not those I know personally.

They are some of the strongest neverTrumpers I know.  But they won't speak openly... they have families, bills, and careers.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #276 on: July 26, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »
You're wrong. At this point we don't give a bleep what you (#NeverTrump) do.

Mr. Trump will triumph over Hillary Clinton in November with or without you...

To the contrary, there seems to be a lot of obsessive concern about what us #NeverTrumps will do.   

Some of us will vote to defeat Trump, some of will remain agnostic, some of us will actively work for a third party alternative. 

But all of us,  I think, will not be silent when asked by friends, family, neighbors and colleagues:   Trump is dangerous and unfit to be President! 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline WAC

« Reply #277 on: July 26, 2016, 08:45:04 pm »
Your vote is yours to do with as you please. And so is mine!

Silver Pines

« Reply #278 on: July 26, 2016, 08:50:42 pm »

I don't think they get it that they've reached the natural limits of enduring their attacking the Only elected candidate that will be going in the ring against Hillary....... And you're right...I'm fast reaching the point where I really don't care what they think or do....there are far too many that recognize what's at stake and willing to be in this fight 'for' the freedoms we love......these never trump people are like dead weight that needs to be shaken off. ..IMO....either get with reality, or stand down and quit fighting against your own army in this battle.

@WAC

Here's the thing.  I believe a person can only be bullied if she allows it.  I don't allow it.  So you need to understand that I, for one, am not taking instruction from you, WAC.  Clear?

I'll fight against corruption, liberalism, and moral rot EVEN MORE when I see it coming from "my side".  I won't be shutting up.  Also clear?

As a reminder, these are some of the characteristics of the man you support.  Trump:

Would not put an end to scissors being driven into the skulls of infants

Waves a Bible around and claims the name of Jesus while being little more than an atheist

Spends his time going after conservatives instead of his fellow Democrats, to the extent of wanting to ruin their careers

Says he wouldn't care if the Senate went to the Democrats

Openly mocks disabled people for the delight of the braying morons in his audience

Is a vengeful, mentally unstable, childishly vicious pathological liar and serial adulterer who used to call the husbands of his women to rub their faces in it

You're welcome to him, but you'll understand why others, including myself, have no use for him.  And if you really don't care, give up trying to sell us that particular piece of garbage.

Offline WAC

« Reply #279 on: July 26, 2016, 09:03:22 pm »
You stated...."I'm not belly aching (but thanks for the reminder of what my Dad said to us when we were children........ I love it when complete strangers treat me like a bad child.  It's so endearing...... makes me want to follow you right off the cliff".....

Oh but you are bellyaching......and if responses to that bring "feelings" of your Dad when you were a child then perhaps you need to reconsider the adult conversations you are engaging with.

I am not here to convince you of voting for Trump......you've made it abundantly clear you're not interested..... But I will defend our Nominee from those who oppose the Only one who is going in the ring against Hillary.....I don't appreciate those who are fighting against our only chance of defeating her......and that IS the bottom line.

Offline WAC

« Reply #280 on: July 26, 2016, 09:15:18 pm »
@WAC
Here's the thing.  I believe a person can only be bullied if she allows it.  I don't allow it.  So you need to understand that I, for one, am not taking instruction from you, WAC.  Clear?
I'll fight against corruption, liberalism, and moral rot EVEN MORE when I see it coming from "my side".  I won't be shutting up.  Also clear?
You're welcome to him, but you'll understand why others, including myself, have no use for him.  And if you really don't care, give up trying to sell us that particular piece of garbage.

I will continue to defend our Nominee for President and the ONLY one that is going in the ring against Hillary.....and No I do not need to understand why you choose to have "no use for Trump"......  the corruption, liberalism and moral rot you speak of will indeed continue all the more should Hillary win this election.....and her other co-horts in Washington will make certain she has a 'clear path' to do so.....you and others opposing Trump recognize this all to "clearly".....

So if you have a problem with my posts  supporting our Candidate for President...then don't respond. 

Offline WAC

« Reply #281 on: July 26, 2016, 09:23:38 pm »
To the contrary, there seems to be a lot of obsessive concern about what us #NeverTrumps will do. 
Some of us will vote to defeat Trump, some of will remain agnostic, some of us will actively work for a third party alternative. 
But all of us,  I think, will not be silent when asked by friends, family, neighbors and colleagues:   Trump is dangerous and unfit to be President!

There's nothing obsessive about it....the primaries are over and the General Election underway....we have the elected Candidate who will be going up against Hillary.......which is 'now' who we are engaging the fight for the Presidency with.....  It does no good whatsoever opposing the only opportunity we have to defeat the Hillary/Obama Machinery and it's Domestic and International Agenda.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #282 on: July 26, 2016, 09:28:56 pm »
  I will continue to defend our Nominee for President and the ONLY one that is going in the ring against Hillary.....and No I do not need to understand why you choose to have "no use for Trump"...... 

Donald Trump 2008: "Hillary Clinton said she’d consider naming Barack Obama as her vice-president when she gets the nomination, but she’s nowhere near a shoo-in. For his part, Obama said he’s just focused on winning the nomination, although at least one member of his team said Clinton would make a good vice-president. (I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president.).”

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, and so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great President. They are fine people. Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she's a great trouper. Her history is far from being over."

Might have something to do with Trump being a Clinton.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #283 on: July 26, 2016, 09:30:32 pm »
There's nothing obsessive about it....the primaries are over and the General Election underway....we have the elected Candidate who will be going up against Hillary.......which is 'now' who we are engaging the fight for the Presidency with.....  It does no good whatsoever opposing the only opportunity we have to defeat the Hillary/Obama Machinery and it's Domestic and International Agenda.
Trump is a Clinton. We already lost, there's not point giving up everything we believe in for a chimera of victory.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline WAC

« Reply #284 on: July 26, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
When are you going to get it? We have chosen.  And it's "neither."
You might not like it; in fact, you might actively hate it.  But there it is.

Well if that truly is the case then you're obviously not supporting the Republican ticket and therefore are actively choosing to disengage form the Presidential Race as it stands,  which remains a win or lose for either Trump or Hillary....for as you said..."WE have chosen neither"......

Silver Pines

« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2016, 09:32:32 pm »
  I will continue to defend our Nominee for President and the ONLY one that is going in the ring against Hillary.....and No I do not need to understand why you choose to have "no use for Trump"......  the corruption, liberalism and moral rot you speak of will indeed continue all the more should Hillary win this election.....and her other co-horts in Washington will make certain she has a 'clear path' to do so.....you and others opposing Trump recognize this all to "clearly".....

So if you have a problem with my posts  supporting our Candidate for President...then don't respond.

Defend him all you want.  But you understand perfectly why I refuse to support Trump.  Only two months ago you were pretty verbose yourself about his corruption, liberalism, and moral rot.

This is an open forum and I'll respond when I like.  Got it?

Offline WAC

« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2016, 09:35:43 pm »
Trump is a Clinton. We already lost, there's not point giving up everything we believe in for a chimera of victory.

You will be giving up a whole lot more than you believe in if Hillary wins.....the powers of the Senate, House and Supreme Courts will all be affected and with that the freedoms you now hold dear. From amendments changed or eliminated to the very Constitution itself.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2016, 09:38:32 pm »
You're wrong. At this point we don't give a bleep what you (#NeverTrump) do.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline WAC

« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »
Defend him all you want.  But you understand perfectly why I refuse to support Trump.  Only two months ago you were pretty verbose yourself about his corruption, liberalism, and moral rot.
This is an open forum and I'll respond when I like.  Got it?

No I do not understand why you are not supporting our Candidate for President.......the reasons you've stated many times here are not sufficient to hand Hillary the Powers she covets......and two months ago I was supporting the man I believed best reflected what I wanted in a President....he lost. 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2016, 09:42:38 pm »
No I do not understand why you are not supporting our Candidate for President...

That's because you fail to understand that crucial part.

He's YOUR candidate, not hers, or mine for that matter.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online DB

« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2016, 09:43:08 pm »
No I do not understand why you are not supporting our Candidate for President.......the reasons you've stated many times here are not sufficient to hand Hillary the Powers she covets......and two months ago I was supporting the man I believed best reflected what I wanted in a President....he lost.

It isn't about who lost. It is about who won.

Offline bilo

« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2016, 09:43:58 pm »
Not those I know personally.

They are some of the strongest neverTrumpers I know.  But they won't speak openly... they have families, bills, and careers.

I noticed that all the people at the GOP convention who are employees of Trump always started their comments by saying "how proud they are of him", "how he's a great man", "how he does great things no one knows about". They never started with comments about his beliefs and consistency in his behavior. It was always about him as a "great" person.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2016, 09:45:09 pm »
The point is,  I can vote for Gary Johnson without prostituting myself to an alt-right fascist.  Can you say the same?
That seems to be the purpose of the Losertarian Circus.

Pretend to be above it all, and vote for someone who doesn't have an icicle's chance in Hell.

Gary Johnson is a CLOWN.  He's entertainment, but he's just as cracked as Trumpy.  Open borders?  Sure.  Legalization of drugs?  Uh-huh.  How are you going to deal with the resultant problems of impaired people everywhere from hospitals to schools to tractor-trailer cabs?

He has no appeal, except to the druggies, and he will not even register.

But at this point, if you want to feel somehow elevated over others...sure, vote for him.

Just don't expect it to change anything.

Offline WAC

« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2016, 09:49:12 pm »
Donald Trump 2008: "Hillary Clinton said she’d consider naming Barack Obama as her vice-president when she gets the nomination, but she’s nowhere near a shoo-in. For his part, Obama said he’s just focused on winning the nomination, although at least one member of his team said Clinton would make a good vice-president. (I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president.).”
"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, and so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great President. They are fine people. Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she's a great trouper. Her history is far from being over."
Might have something to do with Trump being a Clinton.

I'm well aware of Trumps comments regarding the Clintons....and many others in the political arena for that matter. ......he wasn't running for the Presidency. As with all politicians they change their positions depending on the political cliate as well as the pace in history we are at as a nation. Especially once they are in the "Washington game of passing bills and or preventing passage".....the game changes in a heart beat and the rules of play often require swaying one direction or another in order to get the larger win when all is said and done.

I look squarely at Trumps positions of what he wants to accomplish.....if he gets even a quarter of that done or even less he will still be far far ahead of what Hillary has planned for this nation and it's people.......and with her we will surely loose our Sovereignty as a nation and be fast tracked into Global Governance...which she and Bill have been orchestrating and set for the past 8 yrs.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2016, 09:50:07 pm »
I noticed that all the people at the GOP convention who are employees of Trump always started their comments by saying "how proud they are of him", "how he's a great man", "how he does great things no one knows about". They never started with comments about his beliefs and consistency in his behavior. It was always about him as a "great" person.
John Miller coaches them well.

Offline bilo

« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »

I think you have over looked another way to defeat the hillary/obama machine. Support financially and vote for conservatives. I don't believe electing one low character former Rat over a current Rat of low character will change anything.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WAC

« Reply #296 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:15 pm »
That seems to be the purpose of the Losertarian Circus.
Pretend to be above it all, and vote for someone who doesn't have an icicle's chance in Hell.
Gary Johnson is a CLOWN.  He's entertainment, but he's just as cracked as Trumpy.  Open borders?  Sure.  Legalization of drugs?  Uh-huh.  How are you going to deal with the resultant problems of impaired people everywhere from hospitals to schools to tractor-trailer cabs?
He has no appeal, except to the druggies, and he will not even register.

Unfortunately he could be a cog in the wheel when it comes to the Electoral College.....where he'll play it close to the finish for the $$$ pay off. Same as Kasich did ......

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #297 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:24 pm »
I'm well aware of Trumps comments regarding the Clintons....and many others in the political arena for that matter. ......he wasn't running for the Presidency. As with all politicians they change their positions depending on the political cliate as well as the pace in history we are at as a nation. Especially once they are in the "Washington game of passing bills and or preventing passage".....the game changes in a heart beat and the rules of play often require swaying one direction or another in order to get the larger win when all is said and done.

So this seems to boil down to you think he was lying then, and I think he's lying now.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #298 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:41 pm »
Many of the original high-profile #NeverTrumps have come over.  Hugh Hewett, Eric Erickson just to name two... Good for them.

Not modified.  Saved in error.

Hewitt is the mouthpiece of the Republican (RINO) Establishment.  He opposed Trump when the Establishment opposed him; preferring their Golden Boy, JEB Cipher Shrub.

Jeb got statistically ZERO support.  So, like rats fleeing a sinking ocean liner, they left.  Flirted with Rubio awhile...but his Gang-of-Eight lying was too much baggage for HIM to overcome.

And they came to realize...that Trump, line-jumper that he is, former Democrat patron that he has been, was at heart One of Them.  They support the same things - abortion on demand; foreign labor (just look at the hiring at Trumpy Country Club there in Floriduh) and crony connections.  NEITHER he nor they know or care about Constitutional limits.  Neither he nor they have ANY plans to cut spending or bureaucracy.  No, it's all about Greater Deals, to Greater Government...size and power.

He's a natural fit.  And look at the insiders he has running - Manafort and Stone and more Dole retreads.   And ALREADY he's cut a Great Deal with Rinse Pubis - to ram the rules down the convention body, DENYING a delegate roster vote.

His instincts and his life-history ally him with the RINO-Insider-Leftist power-brokers.

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #299 on: July 26, 2016, 09:56:38 pm »
Unfortunately he could be a cog in the wheel when it comes to the Electoral College.....where he'll play it close to the finish for the $$$ pay off. Same as Kasich did ......

Does that make you feel good?

When you vote for a fringe candidate, the candidate MOST OPPOSITE the fringe candidate benefits.  From drawing support from the candidate more similar to the fringe guy.

At this point I don't think it matters - Trumpy and Billary are Yin and Yang.  Ike and Mike.  Pick one, get the other...ain't no nearsighted conservative could tell them apart.

But I don't think faux sophisticated scheming with the EC is going to help anyone at this point...