Author Topic: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....  (Read 17729 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: The 10 Most Important Reasons Trump Would Make a Great President.....
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2016, 06:53:18 pm »

Gary Johnson  is not remotely close to Abe Lincoln....... Lincoln won on a delegate vote...we are well past that.

The point is,  I can vote for Gary Johnson without prostituting myself to an alt-right fascist.  Can you say the same? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2016, 06:59:02 pm »
Yeah.  The 16 other candidates were all wrong.  They all decided that insults, tagging opponents with childish names, mocking the handicapped, calling Mexicans rapists, slurring women with jokes about menstruation, and using the "f" word at rallies were above the pale.

Trump survived because he appealed to a base group of people who think its OK for a candidate to behave like a neanderthal.   I've always been of the opinion that Trump supporters are the problem.  Trump is going to be who he is.

Quoted for truth, especially the part about Trump supporters being the real problem.   They support their candidate for all the wrong reasons.   It's a free country,  so they can put their common decency in a lock box for all I care.   But their incessant demand that the rest of adopt their moral relativism and vote for Trump just to prevent a President Clinton are having the opposite effect. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #252 on: July 26, 2016, 07:04:13 pm »
Yeah.  The 16 other candidates were all wrong.  They all decided that insults, tagging opponents with childish names, mocking the handicapped, calling Mexicans rapists, slurring women with jokes about menstruation, and using the "f" word at rallies were above the pale.

Trump survived because he appealed to a base group of people who think its OK for a candidate to behave like a neanderthal.   I've always been of the opinion that Trump supporters are the problem.  Trump is going to be who he is.

That you would excuse his vulgar personna and even admire him for it tells me something about you.  I have noticed in people I formerly liked (such as local radio personality Mark Davis) a change for the worse.  He now belittles his callers, bullying anyone who is not onboard with Trump.  It's as if Trump has given you all permission to behave like petulant children.

The stain of Trump will remain long after he's been disposed of in November.

I think the aforementioned Mr. Davis is in a bit of trouble. He's probably finding out the Cruz supporters are not crossing over. As you know, he's been pretty vocal in his criticism of NeverTrumpers.

If you were listening to his show Friday morning, he was trying mightily to straddle the fence, saying that inside Trump is a petulant 9 YO boy, but we have to overlook that until after the election. I sent him an email a couple of days ago, pointing out that his remark is the best reason to not vote for Trump. The last thing we need is a petulant boy with access to the nuclear football.

I'll let you know if he responds.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #253 on: July 26, 2016, 07:15:27 pm »
Many of the original high-profile #NeverTrumps have come over.  Hugh Hewett, Eric Erickson just to name two... Good for them.

Not modified.  Saved in error.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:48:37 pm by MOD3 »

Silver Pines

« Reply #254 on: July 26, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »
So, another question, WAC...... were you a mean person before you started supporting Trump, or did supporting Trump make you mean?

@musiclady
@WAC

No, she wasn't.  She's becoming exactly what she used to strenuously decry.

The personality change that overcomes so many Trump supporters once they start doubling down to try and defend their guy is amazing to watch.  It alone is enough reason to stay far away from him, IMO.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #255 on: July 26, 2016, 07:17:28 pm »
Well first I have not, nor do I think other Conservatives supporting Trump, have rejected our Conservative positions......though I do understand why 'legalistic' conservatives would see that as so.

Interesting.  These are the same exact words I get from apostate Christians who support homosexual marriage and the LGBTQ agenda.  They tell me that they do not think Christians who support homosexuality and other sins of the flesh have rejected the Commandments, rather they state that "bible thumpers" are "legalistic" which is the WORST possible sin someone can commit.  Satan sticks to the same delusion apparently.

As for the paradigm shifts.......the Never Trump people have difficulty seeing that the political contest waged is already a form of war, the entire political process decorum  had changed

What most have difficulty seeing is that the country suffered a velvet coup and has already been fundamentally transformed.  Trump simply took down the last possible sets of obstacles to ensure Statism prevails unhindered and unchallenged.

.....Trump’s political style and tactics allowed him to prevail on a primary battlefield where no one thought he could survive….

At one time, not long ago - engaging in the politics of personal destruction at Trump has, was something that a moral and religious people would never put up with for a leader.  But now because we are no longer such a people, we demand someone who appeals to our base fears and zealotry for vengeance.  Trump fulfills that need to get even and punish and destroy whomever it is he declares an enemy.

Now the battle is with a liberal  party

Is it?  The Fruits of the Trump campaign and his supporters (as evidenced here on this board)  is that your battle continues to be with Ted Cruz and Conservatives who have refused to vote for him. That's where the real vitriol and all your energy is being focused.  it 'aint on Hilaabeast.

Well, maybe Trump will go to war on a hotel's air conditioning system if he's feeling a little too hot.

If you care for this country and it's people's security you should clearly see that threat ...and those warriors will soon enter our country 'in swarms' should Hillary take office…

Clueless.  They are ALREADY HERE.   Obama is flying them in by the thousands.  Your party has done jack poop to stop him, and neither will your orange prince.

and as we see the Republican electorate has already spoken on this issue.... Their nominee is Trump

And you can have him.  He's all yours.  We want nothing to do with him or you.

and anyone who cherishes our constitutional system is bound to respect that.

I do not respect anyone who bullies people who are voting their conscience by claiming respect for the Constitution while berating them to "Vote Trump Or Else".

.....'Or' at least have the honesty to declare their support for the other side.....

We support the Constitution Party, or whomever else we think represents Conservative values best to us. If that is declared to be 'the other side' it demonstrates how far removed from actual Conservatism you are.

What is not acceptable is to sabotage your own army in the field and pretend that you don’t want the enemy to win.

The GOP is not 'our army'.  Your party has surrendered in total the very principles upon which we believe in to the enemy's agenda.  You empowered a Trojan Stalking Horse and traitors working with Democrats to stab us all in the backs in our tents while we slept under the false belief we were on the same side.

You declared us the enemy early on.  You said you did not need, nor want our support.  Trump's hit men and spokes imbeciles like Palin have since said "either you are with us or against us".  We are against you.  And we will indeed never support 'your army'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #256 on: July 26, 2016, 07:17:49 pm »
Many of the original high-profile #NeverTrumps have come over.  Hugh Hewett, Eric Erickson just to name two... Good for them.

They will have to live with that decision.

I've made mine and I sleep just fine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #257 on: July 26, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »
This entire thread is based on a faulty premise i. e "Trump would make a great president."

I don't believe that is anywhere near true!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #258 on: July 26, 2016, 07:44:53 pm »

@aligncare

@Bigun

Where did you get the idea Erick Erickson caved?    He's going to write in Peyton Manning.

http://theresurgent.com/peyton-manning-for-president/

"I have held my nose repeatedly in Presidential elections. I suffered through McCain knowing he would lose and Romney knowing he would lose. I expect Trump to lose too, but I won’t hold my nose for that jackass. He is an immoral swindler and conman..."

Online DB

« Reply #259 on: July 26, 2016, 07:52:28 pm »
You declared us the enemy early on.  You said you did not need, nor want our support.  Trump's hit men and spokes imbeciles like Palin have since said "either you are with us or against us".  We are against you.  And we will indeed never support 'your army'.

I agree with your entire post. Thank you for spelling it out so clearly.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2016, 08:05:45 pm »
Quoted for truth, especially the part about Trump supporters being the real problem.   They support their candidate for all the wrong reasons.   It's a free country,  so they can put their common decency in a lock box for all I care.   But their incessant demand that the rest of adopt their moral relativism and vote for Trump just to prevent a President Clinton are having the opposite effect. 

This!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline WAC

« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2016, 08:06:44 pm »
You stated..."This entire thread is based on a faulty premise i. e "Trump would make a great president."
I don't believe that is anywhere near true!"...

However those who have actually met with the man say vastly  differently......

"I realized very quickly this was a man decisive in action and confident in his ability."....
....that regardless of his net worth, he worked his ass off... He didn’t have time for 8 hours sleep each night, too much to be done."

...there are two incredibly important things he possesses that neither candidate on the Soviet ticket do.
He loves this country.... You can laugh, you can mock, but you also are full of crap if the current administration has ever given you the confidence that they love this nation above all else.
He will protect my family, and my loved ones. ...I say that because Mr Trump is where he is for one major reason.... He’s been successful because he understands that surrounding yourself with smart people and listening to them, then parsing ideas and deciding, is how you win..... Not all the time, but most of the time. ......
When he says he will ‘make the military great’ he means ...“I’m going to create a group of men and women I trust to rebuild the worlds greatest armed forces and then insure that you and your family are protected 'BEFORE'looking out for the interests of others”.

Furthermore...." to know the real heart and soul of a man you look at his children. ....Who are they,... what are they, ...and how do they act. ....I’ve never, even for a second, heard his children speak with anything but respect, courtesy, integrity and confidence.... While you may think they are ‘spoon fed’ rich kids, experience tells me they have busted their asses to make their own way and be their own people.

and more....."Trump wants to halt, dismantle and rebuild a horrifically corrupt, broken and useless immigration system. This current administration has made no bones about ‘disarming’ both our border patrol and our first responders in a rush to make sure everyone, even criminals, don’t have their rights infringed on....and Hillary will make sure she follows through with Obama's agenda.

Additionally.....if you heard his initial tax proposal and  heard his talks around changing that, you understand unlike the liar in chief, he gets that what’s going to happen is far too complicated to guarantee anything until you sit in the oval office. He won’t pander, and that alone sets him apart from 99% of the corrupt entrenched old white gov’t.

So rant and moan and whatever all you want, but the reasons I am voting for Mr Trump is easy.....

I trust God for him  when he says he will put this country above everything else as a priority in decision making

I trust God for him to create a team of military minds that will keep me, my family and this nation safe.

I trust God for him to destroy a corrupt and broken immigration system and remake it with one that works.

I trust God for him  that at every crucial point, when a decision has to be made, he will make the decision that’s best for our nation. 

I trust God for him over a women who lied her fanny off about ‘landing under fire’ only to have video footage of her lazily walking off of Marine One.

I trust God for him to undo the massive damage created by the most divisive group of people in my lifetime, who have managed in 7+ short years to undo hundreds of years and thousands of lives worth of work.

I’m proud my family served in so many ways  and so many wars that we can still have a process to elect a person to lead us.

https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/why-i-will-vote-for-donald-trump/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2016, 08:08:43 pm »
@musiclady
@WAC

No, she wasn't.  She's becoming exactly what she used to strenuously decry.

The personality change that overcomes so many Trump supporters once they start doubling down to try and defend their guy is amazing to watch.  It alone is enough reason to stay far away from him, IMO.

That's what I suspected.   I have watched many decent people turn into something very nasty sometimes gradually, and sometimes suddenly after declaring their allegiance to Trump.

And yes, yes, YES.  That alone is enough reason to stay away from him.

He hasn't changed anyone for the better, but many for the worse.  For me, that is a fatal flaw.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline WAC

« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2016, 08:10:49 pm »
You're right....you guys do make it very easy not to care if or who you vote for......because by your own merit, and as this election draws closer, your voices will not make any difference in the outcome....the entire election will move ahead without you....the sooner the better.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2016, 08:11:34 pm »
You stated..."This entire thread is based on a faulty premise i. e "Trump would make a great president."
I don't believe that is anywhere near true!"...

However those who have actually met with the man say vastly  differently......

"I realized very quickly this was a man decisive in action and confident in his ability."....
....that regardless of his net worth, he worked his ass off... He didn’t have time for 8 hours sleep each night, too much to be done."

...there are two incredibly important things he possesses that neither candidate on the Soviet ticket do.
He loves this country.... You can laugh, you can mock, but you also are full of crap if the current administration has ever given you the confidence that they love this nation above all else.
He will protect my family, and my loved ones. ...I say that because Mr Trump is where he is for one major reason.... He’s been successful because he understands that surrounding yourself with smart people and listening to them, then parsing ideas and deciding, is how you win..... Not all the time, but most of the time. ......
When he says he will ‘make the military great’ he means ...“I’m going to create a group of men and women I trust to rebuild the worlds greatest armed forces and then insure that you and your family are protected 'BEFORE'looking out for the interests of others”.

Furthermore...." to know the real heart and soul of a man you look at his children. ....Who are they,... what are they, ...and how do they act. ....I’ve never, even for a second, heard his children speak with anything but respect, courtesy, integrity and confidence.... While you may think they are ‘spoon fed’ rich kids, experience tells me they have busted their asses to make their own way and be their own people.

and more....."Trump wants to halt, dismantle and rebuild a horrifically corrupt, broken and useless immigration system. This current administration has made no bones about ‘disarming’ both our border patrol and our first responders in a rush to make sure everyone, even criminals, don’t have their rights infringed on....and Hillary will make sure she follows through with Obama's agenda.

Additionally.....if you heard his initial tax proposal and  heard his talks around changing that, you understand unlike the liar in chief, he gets that what’s going to happen is far too complicated to guarantee anything until you sit in the oval office. He won’t pander, and that alone sets him apart from 99% of the corrupt entrenched old white gov’t.

So rant and moan and whatever all you want, but the reasons I am voting for Mr Trump is easy.....

I trust God for him  when he says he will put this country above everything else as a priority in decision making

I trust God for him to create a team of military minds that will keep me, my family and this nation safe.

I trust God for him to destroy a corrupt and broken immigration system and remake it with one that works.

I trust God for him  that at every crucial point, when a decision has to be made, he will make the decision that’s best for our nation. 

I trust God for him over a women who lied her fanny off about ‘landing under fire’ only to have video footage of her lazily walking off of Marine One.

I trust God for him to undo the massive damage created by the most divisive group of people in my lifetime, who have managed in 7+ short years to undo hundreds of years and thousands of lives worth of work.

I’m proud my family served in so many ways  and so many wars that we can still have a process to elect a person to lead us.

https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/why-i-will-vote-for-donald-trump/

Your vote is yours to do with as you please. And so is mine!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2016, 08:14:24 pm »

You're wrong. At this point we don't give a bleep what you (#NeverTrump) do.

Mr. Trump will triumph over Hillary Clinton in November with or without you...

Offline WAC

« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »
That's what I suspected.   I have watched many decent people turn into something very nasty sometimes gradually, and sometimes suddenly after declaring their allegiance to Trump.
And yes, yes, YES.  That alone is enough reason to stay away from him.
He hasn't changed anyone for the better, but many for the worse.  For me, that is a fatal flaw.

And I have seen many Cruz supporters and those opposing Trump  speak and act exactly as those who opposed Crux on FR......
We are well past the Primaries......time to choose and stop belly aching about why you don't like or won't vote for the Republican ticket......the real enemy is Hillary and her thuggery.......so there's no excuse for  thumping on those who see the battle for what it is......we are fighting for this country and it's peoples....your fight has passed...you lost. Time to enter the war as it is today and in the months ahead...it's that simple.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2016, 08:17:54 pm »

Perhaps! Most likely not!

And if he doesn't figure out who it is he is (supposedly) running against REAL soon definitely not!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WAC

« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2016, 08:23:04 pm »

I don't think they get it that they've reached the natural limits of enduring their attacking the Only elected candidate that will be going in the ring against Hillary....... And you're right...I'm fast reaching the point where I really don't care what they think or do....there are far too many that recognize what's at stake and willing to be in this fight 'for' the freedoms we love......these never trump people are like dead weight that needs to be shaken off. ..IMO....either get with reality, or stand down and quit fighting against your own army in this battle.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2016, 08:23:58 pm »
And I have seen many Cruz supporters and those opposing Trump  speak and act exactly as those who opposed Crux on FR......
We are well past the Primaries......time to choose and stop belly aching about why you don't like or won't vote for the Republican ticket......the real enemy is Hillary and her thuggery.......so there's no excuse for  thumping on those who see the battle for what it is......we are fighting for this country and it's peoples....your fight has passed...you lost. Time to enter the war as it is today and in the months ahead...it's that simple.

I'm not belly aching (but thanks for the reminder of what my Dad said to us when we were children........ I love it when complete strangers treat me like a bad child.  It's so endearing...... makes me want to follow you right off the cliff).

Donald Trump is the "real enemy" as well.  Even though you are well aware of it, I will remind you.

Donald Trump is a Progressive.
Donald Trump is pro-abortion.
Donald Trump is pro-Obamacare.
Donald Trump is wantonly amoral and an adulterous braggart.
Donald Trump is a corrupt business man.
Donald Trump has never read the Constitution, and has no plans to.
Donald Trump is absolutely ignorant about the law, the country, and his role as President.

You are not going to belittle and badger intelligent moral adults into voting for a stupid, immoral man, WAC.

You'll sleep better if you stop trying to bully people who are more well informed and stronger at the core than you are.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2016, 08:25:14 pm »
Your vote is yours to do with as you please. And so is mine!

Trump supporters clearly want to deny us the right to do what our consciences demand.

It says all you need to know about what kind of people they are/have become because of Trump.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2016, 08:25:38 pm »

I don't think they get it that they've reached the natural limits of enduring their attacking the Only elected candidate that will be going in the ring against Hillary....... And you're right...I'm fast reaching the point where I really don't care what they think or do....there are far too many that recognize what's at stake and willing to be in this fight 'for' the freedoms we love......these never trump people are like dead weight that needs to be shaken off. ..IMO....either get with reality, or stand down and quit fighting against your own army in this battle.

You don't have to shake me off as I'm already off! The republican party at the national level is DEAD to me!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2016, 08:26:26 pm »
Perhaps! Most likely not!

And if he doesn't figure out who it is he is (supposedly) running against REAL soon definitely not!

He's clearly running against Conservatives, Bigun............. and we are clearly the enemy of his band of followers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2016, 08:27:48 pm »
He's clearly running against Conservatives, Bigun............. and we are clearly the enemy of his band of followers.

Yes indeed! But doing that will NEVER get him elected president!  As if he ever wanted that result!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Silver Pines

« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2016, 08:28:37 pm »
We are well past the Primaries......time to choose

I swear, it's like talking to a brick.

When are you going to get it? We have chosen.  And it's "neither."

You might not like it; in fact, you might actively hate it.  But there it is.