Author Topic: Donald Trump's Tax Returns And The Empty Jewelry Box Scam  (Read 3513 times)

geronl

Donald Trump's Tax Returns And The Empty Jewelry Box Scam
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:55:18 pm »
www.forbes.com/sites/ryanellis/2016/03/08/donald-truhttps://youtu.be/MEUwdBRLaMI?t=209mp-and-the-empty-jewelry-box-tax-scam/#67ff1bed6aa7

Donald Trump's Tax Returns And The Empty Jewelry Box Scam

Back in 1986 and likely for many years before, Donald Trump colluded in tax evasion with Bulgari Jewelry Store in New York, a high-end posh location with tony clientele right out of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Here’s how the scam worked:

Trump would go into the store with his wife, his girlfriend, his…whatever (to use his vernacular). He would then buy her an expensive necklace or wristwatch. Normally, such a transaction would face the New York city and state sales tax, which would be pretty high on luxury jewelry.

In an illegal attempt to evade the tax, Trump “asked” the store to instead ship the jewelry to an out of state location, where no New York sales tax could be collected. In fact, the store would merely send an empty jewelry box to the location, while Trump and his lady friends walked out the door with the jewelry that very day.

The state and city tax collectors eventually caught onto this scheme, and Trump promptly testified against his erstwhile tax evasion colluding partners at the jewelry store in order to save his own skin.

Trump, the crook, gets away with it.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Donald Trump's Tax Returns And The Empty Jewelry Box Scam
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:06:40 pm »

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:12:39 pm »
Well I'm sure it won't change the minds of his most ardent supporters, but it's good that these windows into Trump's character are out in the open so the undecided have good information on which to make a decision.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:19:49 pm »
Crooked Trump, you know this will be featured in a future TV ad by Hillary.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 10:27:57 pm »
I actually remember when this story came out.  I was convinced about Trump way back then.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:44:21 pm »
Kerry did something very similar with his yacht. Everyone does this kind of stuff, especially politicians. Not that it makes it right. If there was ever a 'real and authentic' audit done of all the people working in government, over half of them would go to jail. But they know, like I know, that it will never happen.

Having lived in New York for a couple of years, I can speak from experience that everyone in that city does whatever they can possibly do to avoid the outrageous New York, and NYC, taxes.

I am not saying it is right, I am only pointing out that it is very much, extremely common. That's why my wife would shop in only in Jersey.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 10:44:38 pm »
Crooked Trump, you know this will be featured in a future TV ad by Hillary.

I can see the debates.

"You're crooked." "No, you're crooked." "No you are." "I know you are but what am I"

(Between the time they're agreeing on federal childcare and micromanaging the economy, of course)
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 10:47:32 pm »
Kerry did something very similar with his yacht. Everyone does this kind of stuff, especially politicians. Not that it makes it right. If there was ever a 'real and authentic' audit done of all the people working in government, over half of them would go to jail. But they know, like I know, that it will never happen.

Having lived in New York for a couple of years, I can speak from experience that everyone in that city does whatever they can possibly do to avoid the outrageous New York, and NYC, taxes.

I am not saying it is right, I am only pointing out that it is very much, extremely common. That's why my wife would shop in only in Jersey.

It isn't the tax evasion that turned me off at the time.... That's just the way things are.  It was the way he betrayed his co-conspirators that showed me what he's made of.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 10:48:51 pm »
Kerry did something very similar with his yacht.

parking your yacht in another state is legal.

What Trump did was a crime.

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 10:53:20 pm »
   Anyone that can swagger in front of the UNWASHED Multitudes and wail about bringing jobs to America all the while having his Ties and Suits made in mehico and China deserves a spot in the DemiGod Museum and it's a tribute to his capabilities to deceive, not unlike obummer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2016, 11:15:27 pm »
It isn't the tax evasion that turned me off at the time.... That's just the way things are.  It was the way he betrayed his co-conspirators that showed me what he's made of.

I agree. I thought of that too.

But, not knowing the circumstances, it is hard to say. But I agree with what you said, and that it is an issue. I would have to know more about what caused him to do this.

There must be more to the story. If it was really bad, Trump wouldn't be around today. So, there must be more to the story. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 11:34:17 pm »

There must be more to the story. If it was really bad, Trump wouldn't be around today. So, there must be more to the story. IMO

Trump is part of the elite, he knows who to pay off. Like he did with Pam Bondi.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 11:38:09 pm »
Trump is part of the elite, he knows who to pay off. Like he did with Pam Bondi.

Yup!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 12:36:01 am »
I can see the debates.

"You're crooked." "No, you're crooked." "No you are." "I know you are but what am I"

(Between the time they're agreeing on federal childcare and micromanaging the economy, of course)
Ah yes, but the question is, who will be the first to employ the classic "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense?

geronl

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 12:54:39 am »
Ah yes, but the question is, who will be the first to employ the classic "I'm rubber, you're glue" defense?

At some point Trump will drop his pants to show off his genitals, he's already talked about how great they are.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 01:06:33 am »
At some point Trump will drop his pants to show off his genitals, he's already talked about how great they are.

Yes!  That is a definite possibility.  He'll probably do it on the Oprah show.