Author Topic: Kasich leaves door open to Trump endorsement  (Read 433 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich leaves door open to Trump endorsement
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:16:29 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/288974-kasich-leaves-open-possibility-of-trump-endorsement

July 23, 2016, 01:04 pm
Kasich leaves door open to Trump endorsement

By Harper Neidig

Ohio Gov. John Kasich left open the possibility of endorsing his party’s presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying he “takes no joy” in his withholding his support.

“I take no joy in the fact that I’ve had to stake out this position of non-endorsement. Maybe it will change,” he said in an interview with MSNBC that was released Saturday.

Kasich skipped his party’s convention last week even though it took place in his home state.

In the interview, he emphasized his differences with Trump on foreign policy, trade and immigration and said it would have been inappropriate for him to attend or address the convention based on those policy conflicts.

Bloomberg reported on Friday that Trump is planning to create a super-PAC to oppose Kasich and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) over their convention snubs.

Kasich acknowledged that there are many in the party upset with his stance, but said that ultimately he answers only to the “man in the mirror.”

“The fact of the matter is I want to see this country unified. I don’t want to see this country divided, and if Donald Trump will unify then he can get my support,” he said.

“I’m sorry that it’s come to this,” he added.

“Under no circumstances will I vote for Hillary,” Kasich said, though he admitted that he has not decided who he will support in the general election.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Kasich leaves door open to Trump endorsement
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:18:25 pm »
There the governor stands, moistened finger in the air, to see how Cruz fares in all this.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 09:35:52 pm »
There the governor stands, moistened finger in the air, to see how Cruz fares in all this.

... or quite possibly the rumors about Trump funding Super pacs to destroy Kasich and Cruz careers are true.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »
If Kasich backs down and endorses Trump now then it'll destroy him politically.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 02:41:01 am »
Redhead observes:
"If Kasich backs down and endorses Trump now then it'll destroy him politically."

Mr. Kasich seems to be doing a pretty good job of political self-destruction on his own.
No endorsement needed or required.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 02:59:06 am »
What a spineless weasel...
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 03:08:27 am »
   He is gonna lose the endorsement of the Postal Workers Union anyway. This will upset his daddy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.