Author Topic: Ivanka Trump Promotes Fashion Line From RNC Stage  (Read 3401 times)

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Re: Ivanka Trump Promotes Fashion Line From RNC Stage
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:16:27 am »
Trump redefines creepy...
A body language expert weighs in here:

Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images (2)

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/donald-trump-awkwardly-hugs-melania-ivanka-expert-weighs-in-w430543

When it comes to Donald’s hug with Ivanka, who introduced the real-estate tycoon turned politician at Thursday night’s gathering, Wood tells Us that his hand placement was inappropriate. As viewers witnessed, the business mogul showed his appreciation for his daughter’s glowing statements by kissing her cheeks and then placing his hands on her lower hips.

“He patted her in a sexually dismissive way. That repetitive pat with open hands on that location is usually a set of body language cues to say, ‘The sex with you, it was good,’ or, ‘That was fun sexual play,’” Wood says. “I want to be clear that is not even a pat you would give to a child under the age of 5. You would pat them higher up on the back.”

And in regard to Melania's greet:

“That was not even a real hug. He held both her arms, cupping his hands around her forearms to keep her at a certain distance from him. She also didn't go in close,” says Wood, who authored Snap: Making the Most of First Impressions, Body Language and Charisma. “There was no heart-to-heart contact. There was no pelvis-to-pelvis contact. That was really odd. There was no real warmth.”

Not only was their PDA totally cold, Wood notes that Donald giving Melania’s arms a slight shake was to assert his dominance.

“[That was to show] ownership, like, ‘She's mine, I can do what I want with her.’ [It was] very distinctive and different from that extra pat we would give to somebody because we just love them so much and we want to just give them that little bit of affection given after a warm embrace or a tender kiss,” she tells Us. "They just pecked each other.”

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 12:18:55 am by mlizzy »
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 12:34:10 am »

Do any of Ivanka's kids look like their old man. Or do they look like her old man???

Sorry, but based on the profile, somebody had to ask it...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 01:28:59 am »
Do any of Ivanka's kids look like their old man. Or do they look like her old man???

Sorry, but based on the profile, somebody had to ask it...

Well, I do know that Trump wanted to have an "open marriage" with Ivana, but that didn't go over well with her at all, so I'm thinking she was only with the Donald [in a marital way].
America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 01:44:28 am »
Chester the Molester Creepy. 

Trumpanzees,  Ask yourself...Would you let this man near your daughter? 

But you would have him as President.

It was  rhetorical question cuz we know you would.

No kidding. I have no problem believing he could violate a young child.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2016, 02:02:05 am »
I'm failing to see how it's any different from a planted story in one of the gossip rags. You know the type: "Kim Kardashian looked radiant at the Oscars in a gold dress from her signature line ...."

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fantom

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2016, 02:08:26 am »
I'm failing to see how it's any different from a planted story in one of the gossip rags. You know the type: "Kim Kardashian looked radiant at the Oscars in a gold dress from her signature line ...."

Like the "gossip" rag of all..The National Enquirer that Scam Wowo is best buds with and used to slander Ted?

What goes around comes around.. But at least this story is truth...... unlike the liar trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2016, 02:20:08 am »
I'm looking at it this way. She's got her business to run and she'll still be running it once her Dad loses the election.

So, no biggie.  :tongue2:

Offline Fantom

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2016, 02:25:22 am »
I'm looking at it this way. She's got her business to run and she'll still be running it once her Dad loses the election.

So, no biggie.  :tongue2:

LOL.  Ok. :thud:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2016, 02:25:36 am »

The Touched By Daddy Collection, only at Macy's

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2016, 02:28:06 am »

Because it wasn’t just some gossip rag making a comment on her dress.  Ivanka Trump herself Tweeted a plug for her fashion line on her Twitter account from the RNC convention right after her speech introducing her father.

https://twitter.com/IvankaTrump/status/756492146484580352?lang=en

She’d just given a speech telling us how wonderful her father is and how we should vote for him as President of the United States, not just someone who would lead the US but all of the free world, someone who would wield much influence and tremendous power and she finds this a good time to plug her fashion line?
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline LMAO

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2016, 02:35:06 am »
I'm not so concerned about Ivanka promoting her clothing line on stage. It's a non issue as far as I'm concerned

The bigger concern is her promoting  the big government plans her father has if elected
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:35:32 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2016, 05:23:15 am »

Also look at the intensity Trump has as he locks eyes with his daughter. That is very creepy. He is looking at Melania as he would a guy in a sports bar after his team made a touchdown-impersonal triumph.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline RedHead

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2016, 10:46:29 am »

So, no biggie.

And what better use of the Republican National Convention than to promote your clothing line?

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 10:51:34 am »
And what better use of the Republican National Convention than to promote your clothing line?

If her father is elected perhaps she'll have and promote a special State of the Union sale and brother Eric can hand out coupons for Trump Wine to the members of the SCOTUS.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2016, 10:56:52 am »

Why not? With a couple of notable exceptions, every speaker was whoring themselves out or selling something - so I'm not going to begrudge her doing it.  :tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2016, 11:09:41 am »
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/ivanka-trump-promotes-fashion-line-rnc-stage-n615111

While Melania Trump may have taken a page out of Michelle Obama's speech, Ivanka Trump appears to have taken an entire chapter out of her father's book, "The Art of the Deal," shilling her own fashion collection from the stage of the Republican National Convention.

Donald Trump's fashion designer daughter — and one of his closest advisers — used her appearance at the RNC to promote her own dress line on Friday morning.

"Shop Ivanka's look from her #RNC speech," she tweeted, followed by a link to Nordstrom to buy the $138 form-fitting, baby pink dress she designed, and wore on Thursday. The dress is currently not available at the Nordstrom site nor at Macys.com.

Although her speech at the convention was well received overall, the dress promotion was not.

"Using your dad's presidential run to turn a buck. Classy," wrote one person on Twitter.

While supporters of Donald Trump may enjoy the outfit's "classic crewneck" and "effortless look," not everyone may appreciate the fact that his daughter's fashion line is unlikely to "Make America Great Again." The department store site lists the Ivanka Trump Sleeveless Sheath Dress as "imported."

ROFL!    It pains me 'Ginger', to see you going down to such depths.

1) It's a fact....Twitter is a 'sewer', where anonymous keyboard 'warriors' spout the worst possible things.  Things they would NEVER say to one's face.

2) The article says, "....., wrote one person on Twitter".

**nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2016, 11:11:20 am »
Also look at the intensity Trump has as he locks eyes with his daughter. That is very creepy. He is looking at Melania as he would a guy in a sports bar after his team made a touchdown-impersonal triumph.
You're right @austingirl ~ on both accounts! Trump showed more love for Mike Pence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz00pV_Lcgw

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2016, 11:12:59 am »

You do realize....well, obviously you don't.....that with a motor drive on a camera, that in less than one minute I can get a shot of you looking ridiculous and stupid.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2016, 11:29:47 am »
ROFL!    It pains me 'Ginger', to see you going down to such depths.

1) It's a fact....Twitter is a 'sewer', where anonymous keyboard 'warriors' spout the worst possible things.  Things they would NEVER say to one's face.

2) The article says, "....., wrote one person on Twitter".

**nononono*

Are you denying that Ivanka Tweeted this?

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 11:46:41 am »
You do realize....well, obviously you don't.....that with a motor drive on a camera, that in less than one minute I can get a shot of you looking ridiculous and stupid.
You're right! But ridiculous and stupid one can get past, not to mention it makes for some good humor. Being inappropriately sexual [with one's own daughter], however, is something else. What do you think of Trump patting Ivanka's hips, a woman he [previously] stated he would perhaps date if she wasn't his daughter?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMp241gAcw

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 12:43:09 pm »

Are you denying that Ivanka Tweeted this?

Stop embarrassing yourself. Its Cultist now and looks mental.
Nobody not mental over Trump gives a dam about this.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 01:36:27 pm »

**nononono*
A sewer? Sometimes that's true! .. and some of the keyboard warriors are not anonymous at all; one is actually running for POTUS!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/712850174838771712