Author Topic: Philly police union livid at Clinton for inviting families of slain blacks to speak at Dem convention  (Read 502 times)

rangerrebew

July 22, 2016
Philly police union livid at Clinton for inviting families of slain blacks to speak at Dem convention
By Rick Moran

The Clinton campaign has invited family members of the victims of police shootings but will not invite relatives of murdered police officers.

This prompted the local Philadelphia police union to fire off a blistering statement heavily criticizing the candidate.

Washington Times:

John McNesby, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5, said the union was “shocked and saddened” by the planned choice of speakers at the convention, which opens Monday in Philadelphia.

“The Fraternal Order of Police is insulted and will not soon forget that the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton are excluding the widows and other family members of police officers killed in the line of duty who were victims of explicit and not implied racism,” Mr. McNesby said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/philly_police_union_livid_at_clinton_for_inviting_families_of_slain_blacks_to_speak_at_dem_convention_but_not_relatives_of_murdered_officers.html#ixzz4F97dCsJN
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/21/philadelphia-police-union-slams-hillary-clinton-ov/

By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Thursday, July 21, 2016

Philadelphia’s police union is blasting Hillary Clinton for inviting relatives of victims of police shootings to speak at the Democratic National Convention next week, but failing to include relatives of slain police officers.

John McNesby, president of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5, said the union was “shocked and saddened” by the planned choice of speakers at the convention, which opens Monday in Philadelphia.

“The Fraternal Order of Police is insulted and will not soon forget that the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton are excluding the widows and other family members of police officers killed in the line of duty who were victims of explicit and not implied racism,” Mr. McNesby said in a statement.

He said it’s “sad that to win an election Mrs. Clinton must pander to the interests of people who do not know all the facts, while the men and women they seek to destroy are outside protecting the political institutions of this country.

“Mrs. Clinton, you should be ashamed of yourself, if that is possible.”

The Clinton campaign has scheduled former President Bill Clinton to speak Tuesday night with members of Mothers of the Movement, a group that includes relatives of black men killed by police such as Eric Garner of New York and Michael Brown of Ferguson, Missouri.

Former Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles H. Ramsey, who said the nation is a “powder keg” over the police-involved shootings and assassinations of officers, is also scheduled to speak.

Clinton campaign spokeswoman Stephanie Formas told the CBS affiliate in Philadelphia, “As Hillary Clinton has said, we need to support heroic police officers who put their lives on the line every day as well as listen to the voices of mothers who have lost their children.

“We look forward to highlighting the courageous efforts of law enforcement with speakers at our convention, including from Pennsylvania, and praising their work to keep our communities safe.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

She's trying to build the Obama coalition. She has it but not at the same level of passion he did. Something about a rich, elderly, white woman being "down with the struggle" not working the same
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline HootOwl

How can any live kicking American in their right mind support that evil witch????  And not voting for Trump is assisting Hillary!   All the blood that has been shed over 250 years for this country  and people will watch it go down the drain for some selfish reason!  There comes a time in the history of a free nation that one must stand up for her, this country,   or lose all we cherish.  That time is NOW             :patriot:    :patriot:

Offline Suppressed

How can any live kicking American in their right mind support that evil witch????  And not voting for Trump is assisting Hillary!   All the blood that has been shed over 250 years for this country  and people will watch it go down the drain for some selfish reason!  There comes a time in the history of a free nation that one must stand up for her, this country,   or lose all we cherish.  That time is NOW             :patriot:    :patriot:

How much American blood was shed to fight tyrants with the mindset of Trump?

Many, many gallons.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I thought another story I saw had more of a headline like Philly Police Union upset about BLM being there.

Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police Slams Hillary Clinton For Snubbing Widows of Cops Murdered By BLM Supporters

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/21/philadelphia-fraternal-order-of-police-slams-hillary-clinton-for-snubbing-widows-of-cops-murdered-by-blm-supporters/

I think I saw it elsewhere, this is more about inviting BLM, not so much the families of slain blacks, So what is the truth here? One can certainly see the police not wanting to give BLM politics the time.

rangerrebew

I'm surprised she hasn't invited Kanye West to speak.