Author Topic: Rick Perry: If Purpose of RNC Was to Unite the Party, ‘Cruz Didn’t Get the Memo’  (Read 391 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rick Perry: If Purpose of RNC Was to Unite the Party, ‘Cruz Didn’t Get the Memo’

“Well, I wasn’t on the floor, so I didn’t get the full impact, but I was watching it on TV. So, you know, if a convention’s goal is to unite your party behind one candidate, Senator Cruz didn’t get the memo,” Perry said.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/07/21/rick-perry-if-purpose-of-rnc-was-to-unite-the-party-cruz-didnt-get-the-memo/

Video at website.

Offline JustPassinThru

And I thought that this party, at least, STOOD for something.

Principles matter.  Yes, the party should to put minor, MINOR differences aside.  But that is not automatic and a responsible voter, or officeholder, or party official or leader, should not be expected to put his brains on autopilot.  Lest this party become like the undemocratic Democrat party, controlled by Power Elites whose only aim is to increase their own power.  And to silence dissent.

I had thought, a few weeks back, that if it came to a brokered convention Perry would have been a good compromise candidate.  Now I'm not sure.

But it only matters in the future - and I'm not sure we have a future, not one we want to look towards.

Offline Just_Victor

Video at website.

The problem is that Trump didn't issue the memo.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Too bad that dorky criminal  investigation of Rick Perry as gov. with that woman charged with DWI dogged his campaign, that might have been the purpose.  He might have been more successful.

Good to see Rick, despite having to go through that prosecution, stood on principle, he is very accomplished, accomplishments come through teamwork.

That's part of the risk from actually being a public figure with responsibilities vs. just being able to speak platitudes like some politicians.

geronl

Ted Cruz made an awesome speech for party unity.

Unfortunately the party is now anti-Christian, pro-LGBT, pro-big government, pro universal child care etc etc

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Video at website.

It seems Rick Perry doesn't think the Republican Party will defend our freedom and be faithful to the Constitution.

I used to think he was a good man, but now I see he's just another who puts party over principle.   **nononono*
Let it burn.

Offline Night Hides Not

Ted Cruz made an awesome speech for party unity.

Unfortunately the party is now anti-Christian, pro-LGBT, pro-big government, pro universal child care etc etc

Makes me wonder how many of those delegates were part of the 47%?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline biff

Lil' Ricky is looking for a job just like Sarah and the Huckster. No skills, a degree in ag, and a think resume.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:03:03 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.