Author Topic: Feds slam prof's ‘kill severely disabled babies’ remarks. Peter Singer argues Obamacare should ration treatment  (Read 550 times)

rangerrebew

Feds slam prof's ‘kill severely disabled babies’ remarks
Peter Singer argues Obamacare should ration treatment
Published: 04/30/2015 at 8:57 PM
r

The National Council on Disability, an independent federal agency, has slammed Princeton University ethics professor Peter Singer for arguing in a radio interview that it is “reasonable” for government or private insurance companies to deny treatment to severely disabled babies.

Singer contended the health-care system under President Obama’s Affordable Care Act should be more overt about rationing and that the country should acknowledge the necessity of “intentionally ending the lives of severely disabled infants.”

Throughout the interview, Singer repeatedly referred to a disabled infant as “it.”

Singer was speaking on the “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio” broadcast April 19 on New York’s AM 970 The Answer and Philadelphia’s NewsTalk 990 AM.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/04/feds-slam-profs-kill-severely-disabled-babies-remarks/#FW47VJ1Y0jtGbIsK.99

Online mountaineer

I thought O-care did ration care already.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

They still have a lot of money to make up after all the exchange closings and I guess they think the easiest way to save money is to allow the most vulnerable to die an early death so it won't be needed to spend on them.

Online mountaineer

They still have a lot of money to make up after all the exchange closings and I guess they think the easiest way to save money is to allow the most vulnerable to die an early death so it won't be needed to spend on them.
Well, who cares about the elderly or the handicapped, anyway? They are not productive members of the collective, er, society.
This is all so very T4. (Yeah, it's a Third Reich reference. When the shoe fits ...)
 **nononono*

geronl

I am sure Trump and his daughter would support this.

Online mountaineer

I am sure Trump and his daughter would support this.
Unless they've actually said that, your comment is inappropriate.

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

I think Obama stole his idea for Obamacare from The Hunger Games but left out the part where the hunger games has a winner at the end.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I think Obama stole his idea for Obamacare from The Hunger Games but left out the part where the hunger games has a winner at the end.

The left has always sought to eliminate anything that interferes with their efficiency models or throws a wrench into their teachers lounge theorems on how to run the world.

Perhaps the Hunger Games is actually imitating real life instead of the other way around. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

geronl

Unless they've actually said that, your comment is inappropriate.

Trump is not pro-life, it's just political expediency to pretend.

Here is a list of the extreme pro-aborts he has financed: http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/17/23-prominent-democrats-who-rolled-in-donald-trumps-dough/

Donald didn’t feel squeamish about partial birth abortion or embryonic stem cell research when he signed their checks.

Trump is either pro-life or pro-abortion depending on how the baby turns out. Losers should be aborted in his mind.

Trump reiterated that his change of heart came from watching a child who was to be aborted become a “superstar” at the first Republican presidential debate on August 6, asserting, “And what happened is friends of mine years ago were going to have a child, and it was going to be aborted. And it wasn’t aborted. And that child today is a total superstar, a great, great child. And I saw that. And I saw other instances.”

But only one month later, asked by Jamie Weinstein of the Daily Caller in September 2015 whether he would not have changed his mind on abortion had the child he often referred to turned out to be a loser, Trump admitted, "Probably not, but I've never thought of it. I would say no, but in this case it was an easy one because he's such an outstanding person."

Roughly eight months before that, on January 25, 2015, Trump told Mark Halperin of Bloomberg News, “I’m pro-life, with the caveats. You have to have the caveats.” Halperin asked if abortion was murder, prompting Trump to reply, “No … with caveats, life of the mother, incest, and rape.” Halperin pressed further, asking if performing an abortion outside of those exceptions was murder.

Trump insisted three times, “It depends when.”
[/size]

Back when he wasn't running, he was only marginally pro-life but at no point would Trump ever want to make abortion illegal.

Offline Rivergirl

How is this any different than the opinion of the Emanuel brother who formed the basis for Obama-care

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How is this any different than the opinion of the Emanuel brother who formed the basis for Obama-care

They are no different and they dovetail perfectly with Obama's responses and quotes in the past about giving someone a pill instead of a procedure if they are elderly.

The Progressive left has as little respect for the old as they do for the unborn.

Their only concern is productive proles between 18-54 that can contribute to the care and feeding of the Central Government. 

Anyone else is of no use to them and is to be discarded. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mountaineer

Trump is not pro-life, it's just political expediency to pretend.
I don't disagree with that general conclusion, I just don't think we need to say he would support a something he hasn't specifically and expressly addressed.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Only to citizens of the United States.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The left has always sought to eliminate anything that interferes with their efficiency models or throws a wrench into their teachers lounge theorems on how to run the world.

Perhaps the Hunger Games is actually imitating real life instead of the other way around.

The problem is that leftists forget all things can go both ways. That and we have all the guns. I don't find this professor to exactly be useful to society. He's lucky that I and many conservatives are law abiding and not a cold blooded as he.

Even then, he doesn't want to push too hard. He might not like the blowback.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:43:27 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The problem is that leftists forget all things can go both ways. That and we have all the guns. I don't find this professor to exactly be useful to society. He's lucky that I and many conservatives are law abiding and not a cold blooded as he.

Even then, he doesn't want to push too hard. He might not like the blowback.

The left always plays the long game. Their eventual goal is to ensure no Republican ever gets into office either long enough to reverse their progress or ever again period.

Hence the reason they are never concerned with their own laws being used against them.

Offline goatprairie

If I'm ever in a situation with Singer and other people where drastic measures must be taken to decide who lives and who dies, he had better hope I am not the person making the decision. He is truly one of the most detestable humans currently walking the earth. If you can call him human.