Author Topic: EPIC! TED CRUZ SCHOOLS DELEGATE ON WHY DIDN’T HONOR HIS PLEDGE AND SUPPORT TRUMP [WATCH!]  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
That could actually work.  Would those pledges need to be signed in blood?
The CDC might not like that. Let's just get a red pen and pretend its blood.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
From an email:
I told my son, “You will marry the girl I choose.”
He said, “NO!”
I told him, “She is Bill Gates’ daughter.”
He said, “OK.”
I called Bill Gates and said, “I want your daughter to marry my son.”
Bill Gates said, “NO.”
I told Bill Gates, My son is the CEO of World Bank.”
Bill Gates said, “OK.”
I called the President of World Bank and asked him to make my son the CEO.
He said, “NO.”
I told him, “My son is Bill Gates’ son-in-law.”
He said, “OK.”

This is exactly how politics works . . .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 10:16:00 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Fantom

Last I checked, the loyalty document Cruz signed did not have a list of exceptions.  Cruz broke the loyalty pledge, but that is the least of his worries now.

Lets just delete the rest, shall we? Try again without the insults. - Mod2

Sell it to trump..sell it to trump.

The same trump who already with drew his oath.... using the usual trump exception.."I was not treated fairly, no, yes maybe but yes , no treated fairly I ..no I am not , treated fairly , so the oath no matter anymore".
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mechanicos

Because it didn't happen?
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/politics-news/texas-delegates-break-into-bitter-fighting-over-cruzs-non-en.html
http://deepnotion.com/ted-cruz-faces-angry-texan-delegates-after-snubbing-trump/

Cruz entered the room to some applause and hat-waving, but trouble was apparent right away: One delegate stood up holding a sign that said “Clinton/Cruz 2020.” And it only got more combative from there. Cruz resisted repeated appeals from many of the delegates — his constituents — demanding that he back Trump.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

Last I checked, the loyalty document Cruz signed did not have a list of exceptions.  Cruz broke the loyalty pledge, but that is the least of his worries now.

The whole "loyalty pledge" thing sounds rather North Korean, doesn't it?  And anyway, "loyalty" is one of those things that has to be earned.  Trump certainly hasn't bothered to do that.

I'm not much of a Cruz fan, personally, but I am very proud and impressed that he put it on the line like he did.  Standing up for what's right is far more important than letting a charlatan narcissist have his way with the nation.

Offline Mechanicos

I thought you didn't believe the liberal media like ABC news?
Seeing as my original source was a tweet from a delegate there at the convention and I could not find it fast, this was the results of a search engine to back up what was said. The original source was good. I respect @Sanguine and try to accommodate requests for information from Sanguine.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline LMAO

I thought you didn't believe the liberal media like ABC news?

Only when they clash with his narrative
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:17:35 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Mechanicos

It's hardly surprising there was one Trump delegate in the group.
According to those there, the Trump haters were very few. Most were upset with Cruz for putting his own interests over America's.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
According to those there, the Trump haters were very few. Most were upset with Cruz for putting his own interests over America's.

Oh, yeah, Mech, come on!  Saying things like "vote your conscience", "respect the Constitution", "work together" and all that crap is in "his own interests"?  That's just warped and not true. 

HonestJohn

From an email:

That's goooood!!!

:pondering:

(I think I need to try that...)

Offline Mechanicos

Michael Berry, the vehemently anti-Trump talkshow host out of Houston, know that he says that Cruz shouldn't have to keep his pledge to endorse Trump, because Trump insulted Cruz' wife and called her a slut and a whore.

But I can't find anywhere this happened. I've Googled:

what did trump say about cruz's wife did trump call cruz's wife a slut did trump call cruz's wife a whole Trump whore

The only thing I've found is Trump threatening to "spill the beans on Heidi" and tweeting an unflattering photo of Heidi.

This was all in answer after a Cruz SuperPac posting some semi-nude photos of Melania, commenting that 'is this who you want for 1st Lady?' Cruz said the photos did not come from his campaign, but never seemed to disavow them or ask that they be taken down.

As far as 'whore' or 'slut' calling, I did find these in that Google search.

- Southern Baptist Leader Calls Donald Trump Filthy Slutty Gambling Glutton Whore

- "The saddest people aren't Donald Trump's supporters. They're really struggling. It's Donald Trump's celebrity supporters who are whores." - Richard Dreyfus

- Bernie Sanders Speaker Apologizes for Calling Hillary 'Whore,'

- "Donald J Trump s Wife Is A Russian Whore" Facebook Page

- BarbWire: Yes, Melania Trump Is A "Slut"

So did Donald Trump call Heidi Cruz a 'slut' and 'whore'?

If he did, I can't find it.

Michael Berry also said that Trump said that Cruz' father Rafael was involved in the JFK asassination.

Again, the only thing I could find is where Trump responds to a reporter's question about the National Enquirer article on photos supposedly showing Cruz' father with Oswald, and Trump said this.

“His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald's being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous,” Trump said Tuesday during a phone interview with Fox News. “What is this, right prior to his being shot, and nobody even brings it up. They don't even talk about that. That was reported, and nobody talks about it.”

“I mean, what was he doing — what was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting?” Trump continued. “It’s horrible.”

Personally I don' think Trump is saying here that Rafael Cruz was involved in the JFK shooting, but just asking questions about why no one is looking into it.

But of course today (7/21/16), Cruz said again he didn't endorse Trump because Trump insulted his wife and father. And I didn't see Cruz coming to Melania's defense when his people and others were actually calling Melania a 'whore'.

Personally I think Cruz pretty much sealed his political fate last night.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Good morning, Mech.   That's an epic strawman you've constructed and are busily tilting at this morning.  Two points for creativity.

Offline SirLinksALot

As far as 'whore' or 'slut' calling, I did find these in that Google search.

Did Ted Cruz say any of these things that you found on the Google search page?

If not, why should he take responsibility for any of those words?

As opposed to this for instance:

‘‘His father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being, you know, shot,’’ Trump said on Fox & Friends. ‘‘Nobody even brings it up; I mean they don’t even talk about that.’’

Guess who ACTUALLY said that and never disowned it...

Given this, the fact that Ted Cruz appeared, NEVER SAID A BAD WORD about Trump and even Congratulated him on his nomination is already a sign of graciousness.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Are you saying that we have to go against the Constitution or violate the duty to our personal conscience to save this country?

Offline rodamala

I see a lot of mod editing and I don't get it.

I totally get it.  Mods are and always have been in the tank for Trump.  No different than TOS, really.  Purges are coming.  Mechaholio will be given Mod status, and only outrageous, untruthful, all caps headlines spew from him and his ilk will be tolerated on the Politics threads.

Constitutional Originalist Conservatives ought to be PMing each other now to get offsite contact information... because we'll all be out on our asses soon enough.

Offline Mechanicos

Good morning, Mech.   That's an epic strawman you've constructed and are busily tilting at this morning.  Two points for creativity.
Still saying that he would spill the beans on Cruz's wife about her Goldman Sachs'  CFR connections is not an insult.
And saying the NE story is ridiculous is not insulting his dad.
Yet Cruz claimed both were insulted and so did many on here.

Like 90 percent of the garbage I see being attributed to Trump its usually not what he actually said.
Where are these insults allegedly said by Trump about Cruz's Wife and Father?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Still saying that he would spill the beans on Cruz's wife about her Goldman Sachs'  CFR connections is not an insult.
And saying the NE story is ridiculous is not insulting his dad.
Yet Cruz claimed both were insulted and so did many on here.

Like 90 percent of the garbage I see being attributed to Trump its usually not what he actually said.
Where are these insults allegedly said by Trump about Cruz's Wife and Father?

Only one point for a naked diversion.

Offline Mechanicos

Are you saying that we have to go against the Constitution or violate the duty to our personal conscience to save this country?
Going against the Constitution or violate the duty to your personal conscience already happened when you hitched your wagon to Cruz. Constitutional is not arguing reasonable gun-control to the Supreme Court, nor is it ignoring the 1st and 4th Amendment Rights of Trump supporters in Chicago, etc.  The conservatives nominated the one best able to uphold the Constitution and save this country.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Going against the Constitution or violate the duty to your personal conscience already happened when you hitched your wagon to Cruz. Constitutional is not arguing reasonable gun-control to the Supreme Court, nor is it ignoring the 1st and 4th Amendment Rights of Trump supporters in Chicago, etc.  The conservatives nominated the one best able to uphold the Constitution and save this country.
You didn't answer my question. Why is telling people to support the consitution and vote their conscience an attack on Trump? It can only be an attack if Trump is against those two things.

I'm glad you have great faith that the man who said the following can uphold the constitution. Your mental yoga is impressive.

Donald Trump 2008: "Hillary Clinton said she’d consider naming Barack Obama as her vice-president when she gets the nomination, but she’s nowhere near a shoo-in. For his part, Obama said he’s just focused on winning the nomination, although at least one member of his team said Clinton would make a good vice-president. (I know Hillary and I think she’d make a great president or vice-president.).”

"Hillary is smart, tough and a very nice person, and so is her husband. Bill Clinton was a great President. They are fine people. Hillary was roughed up by the media, and it was a tough campaign for her, but she's a great trouper. Her history is far from being over."

Donald Trump again showed he agrees with Obama and Clinton on the gun control: Donald Trump 2016: "I will be meeting with the NRA, who has endorsed me, about not allowing people on the terrorist watch list, or the no fly list, to buy guns."

Do you by any chance remember the assault weapons ban, or Hillarycare? Have you read the Constitution?

Sources:http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264386-trump-once-wrote-hillary-clinton-would-be-great-president
https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/the-19-yuugest-classiest-simply-the-best-moments-from-donald#.qhJJ4rRQO
http://reason.com/blog/2016/06/15/no-fly-list-no-guns-trump-agrees-with-ob

If you are at all interested in the facts of what Ted Cruz presented to the Supreme court I post the rollowing excerpt.

What Cruz’s brief did say was that “federal law generally prohibit[ing] the possession of both machine guns and firearms that are undetectable by metal detectors and x-ray machines” would not be invalidated if the Court struck down the District of Columbia’s hand-gun ban. There is no evidence that Senator Cruz believes otherwise today. The Heller decision made it clear that the Second Amendment protects firearms “in common use” — such as the 4 million assault weapons Americans own today — but doesn’t protect “weapons not typically possessed by law-abiding citizens for lawful purposes,” such as machine guns and guns designed to evade metal detectors. The claim that Cruz’s brief supported the constitutionality of state bans on assault weapons is based on the brief’s Appendix and is equally false. The brief notes that the 31 states filing it “have a strong interest in maintaining the many state laws prohibiting felons in possession, restricting machine guns and sawed-off shotguns, and the like,” while citing the Appendix. The Left’s argument that Cruz was thereby endorsing the constitutionality of all state gun laws listed in the Appendix is rendered laughable by the fact that the Appendix includes D.C.’s hand-gun ban, the very statute that Cruz’s brief argued must be struck down. In fact, Cruz’s brief went out of the way to note that the 31 amici states for whom he was writing did not agree on the constitutionality of many of the state laws listed in the Appendix. Cruz wrote that “On more difficult questions involving the [Second] Amendment’s application — such as registration requirements and comprehensive regulation — the many amici States may well part ways.”
 Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/344223/another-bogus-attack-ted-cruz-curt-levey

HAPPY2BME

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

May I ask you a question?  If you had signed the "pledge", are there ANY circumstances that would make you break such a pledge? I can even make more simple than that .... We pledge allegiance to our flag and to the Republic for which it stands without exception.  Are there ANY circumstances which would cause you to break that pledge? No answer is really necessary, but it is something to think about. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
May I ask you a question?  If you had signed the "pledge", are there ANY circumstances that would make you break such a pledge? I can even make more simple than that .... We pledge allegiance to our flag and to the Republic for which it stands without exception.  Are there ANY circumstances which would cause you to break that pledge? No answer is really necessary, but it is something to think about.

I love how these Trumpets avoid answering tough questions.   Their credibility has been crushed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.