Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77764 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Well, Norm, this is the reason we have a Congress with a couple of warriors for Liberty and a host of 'centrists' and Liberals.

The "He's our Liberal" or our "lesser evil" argument has been winning elections for too long.
There is a comforting convenience in electing the status quo, people have the same somethings to bitch about, the same things to get angry about, like that ache in a knee or elbow in the morning, those problems, those chains are an old friend.

Only now, that ache isn't just an arthritic twinge, but heralds something that is growing, getting worse, contagious, metastasizing, and accelerating. The bromides of denial work only so long, the opiates of the Media will only mask the damage for a while, and sooner or later the pain will burn through the analgesics, by which time the damage will be done.

Then, inevitably, fingers will be pointed and excuses made, but the bottom line is that there is always the choice to not do or not support evil.

Even so called conservatives are now hunting real conservatives for removal or to prevent them from being elected.

Mark Levin slams American Conservative Union for endorsing a RINO

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/mark-levin-slams-american-conservative-union-for-endorsing-a-rino?utm_source=CRFB&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=acu+bongino

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Even so called conservatives are now hunting real conservatives for removal or to prevent them from being elected.

Mark Levin slams American Conservative Union for endorsing a RINO

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/07/mark-levin-slams-american-conservative-union-for-endorsing-a-rino?utm_source=CRFB&utm_medium=FB&utm_campaign=acu+bongino

Did the Conservative Caucus debacle when Bohner was removed teach people nothing?

HAVE YOUR REPLACEMENT READY BEFORE YOU GET RID OF A SQUISH!!!!

That was the most pathetically retarded "victory" spectacle in recent memory.

"Yay! Bohner is resigning!"
"Who you got to replace him?"
"Ummm ...."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

Hold off there Carnack...he hasn't said for sure hes voting for Trump.

Levin has a solid history as the Conservatives Conservative.  So your BS about his allegedly selling out isnjust that...BS.

You didnt tell us anything but that your an arrogant prig who pretends to be above it all so you can laugh at all sides while pretending to be the only one who can see the error of our collective stupidity.

That doesn't make you smart ...just makes you an bleep.

@txradioguy
@Norm Lenhart

Here's the thing, though, and I say this as someone who likes Mark Levin.  He stated very clearly that he was NeverTrump, that he could not vote for him. A Constitutional attorney knows that words have meanings.  He shouldn't have made such a definite statement if he didn't mean it...he should have said he had reservations about Trump, or whatever.

Mark knew all along Hillary would be the nominee, did he not?  So why is he acting as though the realization is only now coming over him?  I'll tell you why.  He's panicking.  Just like Dana Loesch, who penned an editorial in February, detailing in depth Trump's mob ties, and explaining why she couldnt support him.  Well, the other day she pivoted, and issued a plea for Republicans to get behind Trump in order to keep Hillary out of the White House.  As though she just now found out Hillary was running.  And now, with that endorsement of Trump, Dana is now reduced to doing what supporting Trump requires...twisting herself into a pretzel to ignore and/or excuse the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Last night Mark was mocking the hell out of Trump, calling him Great Leader, the new Baby Doc, etc.  I really don't understand how he can square such truthful observations with support for the object of his scorn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Turf fights and jockeying for a larger chuck on the defense budget. It all about building and maintaining your empire.

That's not confined to the Military! That is the story of the entire federal government!  Come to think of it it is the story of government in general no matter what level!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Romney would have been UNQUESTIONABLY better than the African Moslem.

UNQUESTIONABLY.

He's a leftist RINO - I get that.  He's not a wrecking ball.  He's not a child filled with Marxist rot.

He's not a Moslem.

Those were sound reasons to support Romney at the end of the day.

I cannot find similar sound reasons today.

But Levin recognized, then, that the less-evil was the better choice.
It's the same reason why I am not beneath voting Johnson this time around, even though I disagree with him.

Four years ago, Obama had to be defeated. Now, not only did he get re-elected, but both major parties have nominated candidates that fit parts of his mold: an egomaniacal tyrant in waiting in Trump, and a progressive machine loyalist in Clinton. I won't have any part of this anymore.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline MACVSOG68

That's not confined to the Military! That is the story of the entire federal government!  Come to think of it it is the story of government in general no matter what level!

Very true.  The problem comes in controlling the growth of governments at all levels.  Government is an essential part of society.  it holds the society together and protects the society from external and internal threats.  But it grows naturally as it sees new needs it believes only it can fulfill.  And generally it grows because society accepts that growth.  Containing that growth with only a fraction of the society favoring containment is the challenge.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Cripplecreek

It's the same reason why I am not beneath voting Johnson this time around, even though I disagree with him.

Four years ago, Obama had to be defeated. Now, not only did he get re-elected, but both major parties have nominated candidates that fit parts of his mold: an egomaniacal tyrant in waiting in Trump, and a progressive machine loyalist in Clinton. I won't have any part of this anymore.

They want you to vote for their lesser evil not a lesser evil of your choosing.

Personally I'm wishing Brad Thor could find someone named Mjölnir for a Thor/Mjölnir 2016.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Very true.  The problem comes in controlling the growth of governments at all levels.  Government is an essential part of society.  it holds the society together and protects the society from external and internal threats.  But it grows naturally as it sees new needs it believes only it can fulfill.  And generally it grows because society accepts that growth.  Containing that growth with only a fraction of the society favoring containment is the challenge.

Especially so when the people we elect to congress FLATLY refuse the powers granted them under the Constitution!  If THEY refuse to do their damned jobs it's totally hopeless!

Right now almost every single U.S. Congressman and Senator has but one goal and that is to become a $million a year lobbyist when they are no longer in government!  They have absolutely zero incentive to actually represent the people who actually elect them!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline JustPassinThru

And four years ago, the Republicans offered an alternative.

Today they do not.  List the qualities of Billary - arrogant, incompetent, rich-through-crony-connections and without work; supports life-denying Leftist precepts...

...and all of them match Trump.  ONLY difference is that Trump has not, YET, sloppily or deliberately made national-security classified information available to enemy-agent hackers or operatives.

YET.

That's not enough for me to go out and fight for the Big R.

Offline Norm Lenhart

And four years ago, the Republicans offered an alternative.

Today they do not.  List the qualities of Billary - arrogant, incompetent, rich-through-crony-connections and without work; supports life-denying Leftist precepts...

...and all of them match Trump.  ONLY difference is that Trump has not, YET, sloppily or deliberately made national-security classified information available to enemy-agent hackers or operatives.

YET.

That's not enough for me to go out and fight for the Big R.

On what planet is a guy that profits from the murder of unborn children his own laws allowed to be killed in the first place...a man whose laws empowered the baby parts industry, an 'alternative' to anyone but a liberal? For the 'Romney as Alternative' theory to be true, that would put Republican voters t least as low on the moral ladder as a Democrat. Which considering how many morally bankrupt 'conservatives' still pine for 'Chef du'Infant' of Club Stericycle, I guess would be this one, so I unfortunately answered my own question.

Do any of you Romney defenders ever stop and apply hindsight to what it was you tried to 'save' America with? Ever? Or are you so far gone that trading human life for 'winning' is perfectly acceptable? That would explain the Trump support though as once you cash in a childs life for a lottery ticket vote, what's a mere insane man by comparison?

Offline JustPassinThru

On what planet is a guy that profits from the murder of unborn children his own laws allowed to be killed in the first place...a man whose laws empowered the baby parts industry, an 'alternative' to anyone but a liberal? For the 'Romney as Alternative' theory to be true, that would put Republican voters t least as low on the moral ladder as a Democrat. Which considering how many morally bankrupt 'conservatives' still pine for 'Chef du'Infant' of Club Stericycle, I guess would be this one, so I unfortunately answered my own question.

Do any of you Romney defenders ever stop and apply hindsight to what it was you tried to 'save' America with? Ever? Or are you so far gone that trading human life for 'winning' is perfectly acceptable? That would explain the Trump support though as once you cash in a childs life for a lottery ticket vote, what's a mere insane man by comparison?

I don't know where you're getting that and I don't care.  Romney is not an abortionist; and he is not a candidate.

That election is DONE.  We have to look ahead - and since there is no workable alternative, in any direction, we have to figure out what to do with the inevitable train-wreck that's coming.

Offline Cripplecreek

RE: "Lying Ted"

As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, Cruz's greatest appeal to the voters was and is his integrity.

"TrustTED" was fantastic branding and Trump recognized this.  He knows that branding appeals to the LIV.  Since the LIV folks were the very same folks that Trump was going after as his core base, he needed to destroy the appearance of integrity with Cruz.

Thus "Lying Ted" was born.  He sent out his minions to perpetuate the lie that Ted is a liar and had them post every insult they could think of with "TED" on the end of the word.  It worked.

Destroying a man's honor and integrity is even worse than attacking his family, imo.  When one has lost everything, one still has one's integrity.

Donald Trump is scum.  How anyone could support such a dishonorable man, I cannot comprehend.

Meanwhile Donald Trump has openly and obviously lied his way through this whole campaign.

Just 1 example. When he claimed his was in the green room with Putin to today when he claims he never met Putin. Both statements can't be true.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

As someone earlier in the thread pointed out, Cruz's greatest appeal to the voters was and is his integrity.

"TrustTED" was fantastic branding and Trump recognized this.  He knows that branding appeals to the LIV.  Since the LIV folks were the very same folks that Trump was going after as his core base, he needed to destroy the appearance of integrity with Cruz.

Thus "Lying Ted" was born.  He sent out his minions to perpetuate the lie that Ted is a liar and had them post every insult they could think of with "TED" on the end of the word.  It worked.

Destroying a man's honor and integrity is even worse than attacking his family, imo.  When one has lost everything, one still has one's integrity.

Donald Trump is scum.  How anyone could support such a dishonorable man, I cannot comprehend.

And the lemmings followed right alone.  One thing Trump is very good at, slick sales and marketing campaigns.   He knows his audience and how to manipulate them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline JustPassinThru

EXCELLENT summation.

What it shows, is the folly of allowing low-information voters to vote.  Remember, voting is NOT a Constitutional right.  STATES determine the qualification of voters - and in the past, it was related to land ownership or tax payments. 

We need to return to that.  A stipulation that to vote, a resident must as determined by State, either pay a base minimum in Income Taxes, or own land worth a threshold amount.  Keep the Free Sh_t Army voters out of the polls.

It will never happen, though, so long as we have Alinskyite street agitators or Republican solicitors of Low Information Voters who watch Reality TV, in charge.

I guess the collapse has to happen.  We must hit bottom before starting back up...if we do start back up...

Offline JustPassinThru

I agree.  It will never happen, but it needs to happen.  An IQ test and a test to prove basic knowledge of government and current events would help as well.  Many of the LIVs that supported Trump own land, amazing as it is since he supports Kelo.  :shrug:

There will always be a few who slip through.  There are a fair amount of high-IQ voters who're voting for Her Hillaryness, too.

The trick is to, not try to block every one, but keep out the bulk of them.  Simple land-ownership requirements would stop most.

Offline Night Hides Not

There will always be a few who slip through.  There are a fair amount of high-IQ voters who're voting for Her Hillaryness, too.

The trick is to, not try to block every one, but keep out the bulk of them.  Simple land-ownership requirements would stop most.

Not after Kelo...   :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Exactly.  The lies are legion.  He rivals Hillary and is possibly a bigger pathological liar than she.

I think he is. She generally seems to lie in order to cover her crimes and profits. Trump lies automatically about everything. He lies when the truth would actually work better for him,and he lies when there is absolutely nothing to gain by lying or even speaking about the subject.

Bubbette! is just evil. Trump is both evil AND insane.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline musiclady

I think he is. She generally seems to lie in order to cover her crimes and profits. Trump lies automatically about everything. He lies when the truth would actually work better for him,and he lies when there is absolutely nothing to gain by lying or even speaking about the subject.

Bubbette! is just evil. Trump is both evil AND insane.

Sums it up perfectly.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Well, Norm, this is the reason we have a Congress with a couple of warriors for Liberty and a host of 'centrists' and Liberals.

The "He's our Liberal" or our "lesser evil" argument has been winning elections for too long.
There is a comforting convenience in electing the status quo, people have the same somethings to bitch about, the same things to get angry about, like that ache in a knee or elbow in the morning, those problems, those chains are an old friend.

Your comment triggered a scripture to my mind:

"One man there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. Jesus saw him lying there and realized he had already been there a long time. “Do you want to be healed?” He asked." - John 5:5-6

One would think that a crippled invalid of 38 years would have no need of such a question to be asked, but the truth is that human nature often PREFERS to remain in what people are comfortable with, even heinous disease and debilitating injuries, rather than risk something different that would require them to act and be responsible.

I cannot tell yo the number of folks that I know that prefer to be in a state of enslavement, to an addiction - to poverty - to abuse… because it is within their comfort zone and they feel they can better manage misery than the frightening aspect of being completely free in the wilderness of the unknown risk.

Same is true with those who remain in an apostate church or group.  Even though it is clear the foundational principles that they assumed would forever be present in their organization are no longer welcome - many remain in the false hope they can somehow influence the organization go back to what they once were, or they throw up their hands and tell themselves to remain loyal because God will work it all out for them.

And without fail - I have watched such congregations and groups come to nothing - or remain a shadow of what they were with declining presence and influence, while those that left to start new endeavors that champion what they cherish - grow and thrive, even though it is slow and sometimes depressing at first.

Slaves on the plantation will not risk liberty, even though they know they are hated and punished for who they are.  So they will continue to serve their masters, and suffer abuse and being discarded because they bought the lie that there is no life for them off of the plantation.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:08:59 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

EXCELLENT summation.

What it shows, is the folly of allowing low-information voters to vote.  Remember, voting is NOT a Constitutional right.  STATES determine the qualification of voters - and in the past, it was related to land ownership or tax payments. 

We need to return to that.  A stipulation that to vote, a resident must as determined by State, either pay a base minimum in Income Taxes, or own land worth a threshold amount.  Keep the Free Sh_t Army voters out of the polls.

It will never happen, though, so long as we have Alinskyite street agitators or Republican solicitors of Low Information Voters who watch Reality TV, in charge.

I guess the collapse has to happen.  We must hit bottom before starting back up...if we do start back up...

Nice goal to strive for, to have some skin the game.

I set the bar lower but still a worthy goal:  No one votes if cannot pass drug test, on welfare or pays no taxes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:33:04 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline wolfcreek

You didn't answer my question. Right at the top of that post, so you didn't have to ignore the whole thing to ignore it.

My question is what you think your criticism of Trump is accomplishing?

How about the fact it helps Hillary?

You people suck.

geronl

You people suck.

Pointing out the truth about Trump is a bad thing? Truth..bad...umm...

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't know where you're getting that and I don't care.  Romney is not an abortionist; and he is not a candidate.

That election is DONE.  We have to look ahead - and since there is no workable alternative, in any direction, we have to figure out what to do with the inevitable train-wreck that's coming.

I do not recall saying he was an abortionist. I said he passed laws enabling abortion and then profited from those very laws via Stericycle. Which he did.

I get the impression you don't care because you are making excuses for him, defending him and want to 'move on' rather than deal with the reality that some people on the right, who CLAIM to be conservative, voted for him anyway and have ZERO regret about it. People like Levin for example, who then go out and profit themselves from the further spread of liberalism while claiming they are 'conservative.' That has consequences as people listen to what this fool has to say, think it is gospel, and then go vote for the same liberals he does because he told them to.

Which we can see clearly by all the votes Mitt, Jonbon, Bitch and soon, Trump will get thanks to his efforts. And that conservatism stuff? Who really cares about that anyway. Just words...

Offline Cripplecreek

Pointing out the truth about Trump is a bad thing? Truth..bad...umm...

I don't care enough about this election to care who is helped or harmed by anything. After all, Trump hasn't exactly embraced constitutional conservatives any more than Clinton has. :shrug:

Offline Norm Lenhart

You people suck.

People who vote for lifetime liberals suck.