Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77569 times)

Offline aligncare

The woman posed nude in front of a camera.  I don't think "implies" is very descriptive here.  Try the bald faced truth.

Can you cite some truths about the slime Trump spread?

Whoa, Paint. Yer working up a froth... Come on, fess up. You look at the pretty models in those fashion ads, don't you?  You don't live in a monastery, do you? If so, please accept my apologies. I didn't mean to imply anything tawdry.

Offline wolfcreek

The Great Orange tRumpkin is the King of the sucker punch.  It's what cowards do.

Oh I believe he was in the same room with them, looking them square in the face.

Offline wolfcreek

No, he didn't...but he hit below the belt.

He rewrote the rules on how it's done and won.

Isn't that why someone would bother to put themselves, their families and friends in a contest like this? To win?

Offline wolfcreek

You have got to stop with the lie that Cruz or his "people" had anything to do with any photo of the Donald's third wife.  Second, at the time the photo was taken it was with the approval of both of them, the Donald because he wanted to show off his hot new girlfriend, like a trophy, and Melania because she liked being shown off.  If they didn't have a problem with it then, they shouldn't have a problem with it now.

Fact is it brought the wives into the race. Trump said noting about Heidi before that.

Offline wolfcreek

Whoa, Paint. Yer working up a froth... Come on, fess up. You look at the pretty models in those fashion ads, don't you?  You don't live in a monastery, do you? If so, please accept my apologies. I didn't mean to imply anything tawdry.

They're just jealous.  :laugh:

Offline wolfcreek

But with Trump and Cruz , they used it against Cruz everytime and never once used any journalistic integrity.  They, as journalists, and media, laughed.  LAUGHED. Well Fox did.  I will say that I was SHIOCKED that Jake Tapper and Anderson Cooper were way more fair to Cruz,  when he was attacked by Trump,  than ANYONE at Fox was.  They actually took the lies and slander seriously and presented it as such.

The Left uses Tweets and other social media to attack candidates all the time. It's part of politics in a big way.

geronl

Melania was used in a political attack ad by Cruz people first,

They were not "Cruz people".

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Fact is it brought the wives into the race. Trump said noting about Heidi before that.

Cruz had said nothing about Melania period, and when he did finally say something about her it was complimentary.

Worn out, repeatedly disproven arguments against a man who is no longer even in the race will not be convincing to many people that Trump deserves our vote.  In fact they prove precisely the opposite.
James 1:20

Offline skeeter

At what point do we conclude that a mistaken belief become an intentional lie?

Its not as if these charges haven't been categorically refuted with facts.

Yet they still toss them out there, over and over.

Offline aligncare

Well they weren't Trump people. They were acting on Ted Cruz behalf to help him win among Mormons in Utah. Those were the type of people who were supporting Ted Cruz, moralistic.

So what if the assignments of a successful high fashion model include partial nudity. Have you looked at where the culture is today? I'm sure you look at television and notice fashion magazines and listen to music. We are living in the 21st-century, in case some have failed to notice.

Offline skeeter

Well they weren't Trump people. They were acting on Ted Cruz behalf to help him win among Mormons in Utah. Those were the type of people who were supporting Ted Cruz, moralistic.

So what if the assignments of a successful high fashion model include partial nudity. Have you looked at where the culture is today? I'm sure you look at television and notice fashion magazines and listen to music. We are living in the 21st-century, in case some have failed to notice.

THEY were Make America Awesome, and anti-Trump PAC who's leader, Liz Meir, was admittedly more of a Rubio supporter. Cruz had NOTHING at all to do with the ad.

Nothing, nada, zilch.

But I'll wager you'll be back at the next opportunity, calling them "Cruz folks".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yeah, but the manufacturing jobs won't be here. They'll be in China, Pakistan, Vietnam....Sales will be done on the internet, and those servers won't be made here, either, and possibly not located here. Packages are sorted by machine...so maybe, just maybe, out of everything from aggravation to  life threatening situations (offshore a mile or more when the outboard quits in a small craft), maybe one package truck driver, net.

@Smokin Joe

Joe,I may very well be 100 percent off on this one,but I SUSPECT that economic conditions will soon settle to the point where it will be safe for the bankers behind all the off-shore moves and bankruptcy of American manufacturing to suddenly change all the laws they originally had passed to force manufacturing off-shore,and they will bring it back now that they have no competition here and a compliant congress and WH to protect their investments.

Suddenly we will hear cries of "BUY AMERICAN!" again from the ruling class,and all will be well in Gotham.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
THEY were Make America Awesome, and anti-Trump PAC who's leader, Liz Meir, was admittedly more of a Rubio supporter. Cruz had NOTHING at all to do with the ad.

Nothing, nada, zilch.

But I'll wager you'll be back at the next opportunity, calling them "Cruz folks".

Count on it!  Facts bounce off their thick skulls like bullets off of superman!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

Well they weren't Trump people.

Actually they were.  Trump and Melania themselves were the first people to have the photograph published.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Melania was used in a political attack ad by Cruz people first, implying something tawdry about her, and Trump always counterpunches. Think of it as he was defending his wife's honor. Seems politicians are allowed that, aren't they?

@aligncare

I have heard the source for that as being from other than Cruz,but even if it WAS Cruz,what's the big deal? She WAS a professional model,and Trump was well aware of the photos being taken when they were taken because at least some of them were taken aboard his private jet. Instead of embarrassing Trump,he most likely got semi-wood over all the other men he thinks will envy him because he bought a hot wife.

Remember,Trump is one of the most shallow fools on the planet. His whole sense of self comes from swimming in the illusions that HE is "Mega Man" and all the other men are jealous of him. In truth,she is just an expensive bauble,like so many other things with his name on him. The ONLY person he cares anything about in the whole world is himself,and his mini-mes,and he only cares about them because he sees them as reflections on him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline wolfcreek

Nothing, nada, zilch.

Trumps reaction wasn't anywhere near the initial offering. A bitchy face?? How does it disrespect anyone?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:23:12 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

So there is a problem with being having morals now? You might want to rethink the message you are sending there.

Trump's response to a PAC unaffiliated with Cruz spreading pictures of Trump's wife (which aren't exactly secret) is to call Cruz 'Lying Ted', insult his wife, and lie about his Dad. That's not counter punching. That's off target, disproportional, and dishonest.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline HoustonSam

Trumps reaction wasn't anywhere near the initial offering. A bitchy face?? How does it disrespect anyone?

It disrespects the entire country by suggesting that a posed photograph of a woman next to a candid photograph of a woman would in any sense be persuasive in an election.

Talk around it all you wish, but the facts of the matter, repeatedly provided and never rebutted, indicate that Trump was at fault for personally insulting Cruz's wife and the entire country, while Cruz responded with a compliment to Trump's wife.  If you are OK with that in your candidate, that's fine it's your vote.  Many of us are not and if you think you're gaining support for Trump by continuing to re-hash things that everyone knows are untrue, then you aren't thinking very carefully.

Offline wolfcreek

I voted to end this irrelevant thread.

Who's wit me?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It disrespects the entire country by suggesting that a posed photograph of a woman next to a candid photograph of a woman would in any sense be persuasive in an election.

Talk around it all you wish, but the facts of the matter, repeatedly provided and never rebutted, indicate that Trump was at fault for personally insulting Cruz's wife and the entire country, while Cruz responded with a compliment to Trump's wife.  If you are OK with that in your candidate, that's fine it's your vote.  Many of us are not and if you think you're gaining support for Trump by continuing to re-hash things that everyone knows are untrue, then you aren't thinking very carefully.

I'm voting for Trump in the general, but what he did with Heidi Cruz was inexcusable, and wrong.  I can't believe anyone is still defending that.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

Cruz's reaction is a primer in how to rise above unlike Trump's reaction:

Donald, real men don't attack women. Your wife is lovely, and Heidi is the love of my life. https://t.co/pprXhIMzUT
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) March 24, 2016

“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Tell me, then, what more conservative stance would you find to be a deal-breaker in a match-up between a consummate Conservative and a Liberal like Hillary or Bernie? What would keep you from voting for someone more conservative than some 'ideal' more moderate candidate?

You misunderstand me.  I'm an not arguing for support of a more moderate candidate.  I am arguing that calls for a third party are ignoring the real reason we don't nominate conservatives.  It's not because "the system is rigged" -- it's because there aren't enough conservatives, and I recognize that "conservative" is a word about which people disagree.  But however you define it, the point remains.

Whether or not a particular GOP nominee is acceptable is going to vary widely between people, and perhaps depending on who the other party has nominated.  I'm simply saying that the only way to elect another "real" conservative is to 1) find the right person, and 2) build a coalition that can elect him/her.

Offline HoustonSam

I'm voting for Trump in the general, but what he did with Heidi Cruz was inexcusable, and wrong.  I can't believe anyone is still defending that.

Props and respect to you @Maj. Bill Martin.  Although I can't vote for Trump I respect those who choose to while being honest about his faults.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

I can respect your attitude on this one @ Maj. Bill Martin. Some however, feel the need to make Trump the perfect candidate or feel they are disloyal. This leads to a variety of trumpslaining tatics such as the ever popular: "But Mooooom! He started it first!" tatic you see on this thread.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Fact is that Trump retaliated against the wrong people.

Do you really want that finger on the nuclear button?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis