Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77784 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Smart people see him as power-hungry, dishonest and phoney.

And stupid people refuse to see Trump as such.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I do not consider attacking Trump all the time to be an example of conservative credentials - can see the exact same conduct from liberals.

Are you still trying to find where in Cruz's speech where he attacked Trump?

No?

Then you are just a liar.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Mechanicos

Are you still trying to find where in Cruz's speech where he attacked Trump?

No?

Then you are just a liar.
If I was the only one you would have a point. But many more then there ever were of the "nevers" saw Cruz as going 9 min past his 7 min prepared speech (cutting into Pence's speech time, his likely opponent in 2020) and campaigning for a 2020 run for President. He then tried to dog-whistle the GOPe people while insulting the Conservatives who have supported Trump. 
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline GrouchoTex

I have given this a little more thought in the last couple of days.

Here we have 2 candidates, they both have big egos. I say this as a Cruz supporter.
Both say they want what is best for or Country, and I believe both of them do.

The speech was seen and approved by the Trump campaign.
Donald himself tweeted that he had read it beforehand.
There is no evidence that the speech was changed.
It was unnecessary for the Trump operatives to whip up the crowd against Cruz, a charge they do not deny.
It did nothing to bring Cruz supporters the were on the fence, into the fold, but I don't think it hurt Cruz as much as everyone seems to think.
At the same time, Cruz's speech didn't help or hurt Trump all that much, either.

As both are self proclaimed Christians, an 2 things we are all taught as children would have gone along way here:

Humility and Forgiveness.

Neither demonstrated this,IMO.

Neither (as far as we know) asked the other what it would take from the other to reach an accord, an agreement, or an endorsement.
Cruz was in a tough spot. he couldn't endorse a candidate that went after his wife and father the way he did.
Trump was in a tough spot. He couldn't have someone who called him a pathological lair, when he dropped out, dictate terms and conditions.

All can argue, and with some merit, who said what first, etc.... it seems kind of small and petty now.

Again, Humility and Forgiveness.

Unfortunately, Pride and Ego got in the way of both, and the real losers here were us, the voters.

Both will live and fight on, and I believe that Cruz still has a future in politics.

Reagan, Ted Kennedy, Chris Christie, all spoke at previous conventions, without mentioning the candidates by name, or giving outright endorsements, and all continued their political careers, and one did go on to become president.

one more point:

We all claim we want politicians, who, right or wrong, stand up for what they believe in, damn the torpedoes.
Here, both do so, and we are all up in arms about it.
So, what do we really want our politicians to be like?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 01:14:50 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Night Hides Not

Because hes about as much of a Constitutional Conservative as I am Muslim.

Shalom salaam, brother!

O/T, but the auto repair shop I take my car to is owned by a Muslim. While picking up my car a few days ago, I heard the Muslim call to prayer. Irving, TX is home to thousands of Muslims, and has two large mosques, one about a mile from my house, and 1/4 mile from what once was the HQ for the Dallas Cowboys.

Valley Ranch/Coppell is an area where all faiths are booming, and have been for the 20 years I've lived there. My parish, St. Ann in Coppell has grown from roughly a few hundred families to over 8,000 families, and is now the 6th largest Catholic parish in the country. Other denominations have demonstrated substantial growth as well.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline kartographer

You see Cruz as what his lawyer fabricated image says. Smart people see him as power-hungry, dishonest and phoney.

The small petty man would not do the right thing and release his dedicated followers (like the ones on here that are attacking Trump fanatically day after day over Hurt Feelings). He was given a chance to do what a person who cared about something other then himself would do. Failing that it, it showcased just how petty, dishonest and selfish Cruz is. Cruz lost a lot of people when he did that.

So to answer your question: Before Cruz spoke he had maybe 10 percent of his dedicated followers holding out hope for him and opposing Trump. After his stupidity its to the point where his own Texas Delegates have people holding up signs saying "Clinton/Cruz 2020." In few months  Cruz will be a foot note and the 5 percent or so of his remaining dedicated followers will be still complaining.

We saw from the convention itself/ #neverTrumpers are mostly a media liberal creation that was not large in number. After Cruz immolated himself live in front of millions we have much more unity in the GOP.

All fine and good, but now how about answering the question?

Answer me this then how is it a bad thing to you that Trump didn't get the endorsement from a man that Trump and his own team claimed for weeks was a liar, a cheat, a pedofile child abuser, serial adultery with a wife that was everything from a hag to a whore? Why? Why would he even invite such a man to speak?
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Kind a fun you how everyone loved Cruz until this election.    You never heard a "conservative" say Cruz was creepy before Trump set his plan in motion.

Why many times I have called this election cycle a politically sinister episode of the Twilight Zone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

It did nothing to bring Cruz supporters the were on the fence, into the fold, but I don't think it hurt Cruz as much as everyone seems to think.

I believe that Cruz still has a future in politics.

Agreed.  But I still think Cruz should not have spoken without giving more support for the ticket. It made him look small, especially in light of his previous pledge.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have given this a little more thought in the last couple of days.

Here we have 2 candidates, they both have big egos. I say this as a Cruz supporter.
Both say they want what is best for or Country, and I believe both of them do.

The speech was seen and approved by the Trump campaign.
Donald himself tweeted that he had read it beforehand.
There is no evidence that the speech was changed.
It was unnecessary for the Trump operatives to whip up the crowd against Cruz, a charge they do not deny.
At the same time, Cruz's speech didn't help or hurt Trump all that much, either.

As both are self proclaimed Christians, an 2 things we are all taught as children would have gone along way here:

Humility and Forgiveness.

Neither demonstrated this,IMO.

Neither (as far as we know) asked the other what it would take from the other to reach an accord, an agreement, or an endorsement.
Cruz was in a tough spot. he couldn't endorse a candidate that went after his wife and father the way he did.
Trump was in a tough spot. He couldn't have someone who called him a pathological lair, when he dropped out, dictate terms and conditions.

All can argue, and with some merit, who said what first, etc.... it seems kind of small and petty now.

Again, Humility and Forgiveness.

Unfortunately, Pride and Ego got in the way of both, and the real losers here were us, the voters.

Both will live and fight on, and I believe that Cruz still has a future in politics.

Reagan, Ted Kennedy, Chris Christie, all spoke at previous conventions, without mentioning the candidates by name, or giving outright endorsements, and all continued their political careers, and one did go on to become president.

one more point:

We all claim we want politicians, who, right or wrong, stand up for what they believe in, damn the torpedoes.
Here, both do so, and we are all up in arms about it.
So, what do we really want our politicians to be like?
There has been a lot of talk about making America safer, about making America Great Again,

what I am looking for is "Making America Free Again".

That means less government. That means not surrendering our land, our laws, our people, to foreign governmental authority and asserting our sovereignty. That means reducing the scope and size of the federal Government. If you want to make the Constitutionally Authorized remnant more efficient, by all means, have at, but shrink it first. Get it out of my light sockets, my toilet tank, my kid's heads, public restrooms, back off my business and let me hire whom I choose, and don't make rules for my back yard 2000 miles and three climate zones away, when the only opportunity to even see that land has been from 27000 ft. on the way to the other coast.

And get the government's meathooks out of my pocket.
Why does the Federal Government own (roughly) 3 acres out of every ten in the US? Consider that most of that ownership is West of the Mississippi River, and, for those of us who live here, the Robber Baron is the Government, who also seizes water rights, effectively controlling the use of the rest of that land. Please don't tell me it is so people who will never see that land nor set foot on it can 'appreciate' it, while those of us who live here are fenced out or forced to travel that backcountry on foot or horseback.

That same meddling government, though, has abdicated its duty to guard our borders while projecting 'force' thousands of miles away, even as it shrinks the size of our Armed Forces and reduces the efficiency thereof through social experimentation. Even when it engages in the theater of 'looking out for our safety', it does so by paying attention to every group but that most likely to effect our destruction, to avoid 'profiling'.

The housing bubble, the bust, and the destruction of the savings of millions of Americans was orchestrated through the CRA and other Federal Programs, with requirements which forced financial institutions to either stop making real estate loans or discard the formerly safe and well based banking practices they had used for generations. The middle class suffered, then got to pick up the tab to bail out private corporations at taxpayer expense. If one was a holder of common stock or bonds from those corporations, one likely lost that investment as well as a condition of the Federal Bailout, using tax money.

Unlike a household which has to stop spending when the money runs out, the government continues to borrow more from the banking cartel known as the Federal Reserve. At present, the total debt this country has  exceeds GDP. Everything produced in this nation in a year does not meet the amount of the National Debt. Instead of practicing constraint, those tasked with the fiscal matters in our government continue to borrow and spend like a binging ex-wife to be running up the credit cards on the way out the door, while they, themselves, and their staffers are frequently immune to or exempt from the very laws imposed on us. Obamacare is a shining example.

There are many more concerns, but the answer is reducing the size and scope of the Federal Government and returning it to a focus on its Constitutionally assigned duties, for which it was empowered in the first place. Return power to the States and the People which has been usurped, and let each of those States act as it deems appropriate in all but those matters which are necessitated in guarding our borders. Let the people decide how much government they want in their areas, and let them pay for that level of services.

None should be immune to the laws we pass, a concept that goes back to the Magna Carta.

That's just a beginning, but to me the Constitution Party looks better and better.
I have no illusions that 'most' Americans would readily accept the sweeping changes which would accompany a return to the very small and unintrusive amount of Federal Governance outlined in the Constitution, but if this is a question of what America needs, I think that is it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Quoting a friend from FB:

"If you stand up for your principles you will have few friends in politics."

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

@LMAO

As I have been saying since he announced,he is NOT running to be the president of the United States. He is running to feed his massive ego,and I strongly suspect it was his goomba's,the Clinton's,that talked him into running.

That,of course can never be proven...

Can never be proven - exactly right.  What you're doing is engaging in the same type of fantasy as those who thought Cruz, Walker, etc. would someone pull out a convention nomination - which didn't happen.

If Trump is all about ego, he would NEVER drop out, especially after having his children (Trumps, too) so publicly involved.  They are part of his legacy/reputation, too.  Pulling out would be a near universal meltdown for the Trump brand - and so far, the only folks in the race who have done that include Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz, Cruz just this last Wednesday.

@Mechanicos in case Trump runs things like Amway.  Mech, if you're a paid shill for Trump, I'd like to sign up under you.    :tongue2:
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You see Cruz as what his lawyer fabricated image says. Smart people see him as power-hungry, dishonest and phoney.

The small petty man would not do the right thing and release his dedicated followers (like the ones on here that are attacking Trump fanatically day after day over Hurt Feelings). He was given a chance to do what a person who cared about something other then himself would do. Failing that it, it showcased just how petty, dishonest and selfish Cruz is. Cruz lost a lot of people when he did that.

So to answer your question: Before Cruz spoke he had maybe 10 percent of his dedicated followers holding out hope for him and opposing Trump. After his stupidity its to the point where his own Texas Delegates have people holding up signs saying "Clinton/Cruz 2020." In few months  Cruz will be a foot note and the 5 percent or so of his remaining dedicated followers will be still complaining.

We saw from the convention itself/ #neverTrumpers are mostly a media liberal creation that was not large in number. After Cruz immolated himself live in front of millions we have much more unity in the GOP.

Those are just the delusional fantasies of the riders of the Trump Train who desperately needed to have Cruz turned into a bogeyman to justify Trump's repeated and vicious slander and lies about Cruz, so as to take away focus of Trump's own lack of character and sleazy tactics.

They need a lie to believe because Cruz shines a light and exposes Trumps failings and his false political persona and shows the extreme inadequecies of Trump and his campaign that are utterly incapable of challenging and defeating Hillary.

Problem is the Trump mob doesn't know when to stop. They got their convenient pinata, and are far more content in hitting Cruz than they are Hillary, because deep down they know their candidate is incapable of winning against her.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Those are just the delusional fantasies of the riders of the Trump Train who desperately needed to have Cruz turned into a bogeyman to justify Trump's repeated and vicious slander and lies about Cruz, so as to take away focus of Trump's own lack of character and sleazy tactics.

They need a lie to believe because Cruz shines a light and exposes Trumps failings and his false political persona and shows the extreme inadequecies of Trump and his campaign that are utterly incapable of challenging and defeating Hillary.

Problem is the Trump mob doesn't know when to stop. They got their convenient pinata, and are far more content in hitting Cruz than they are Hillary, because deep down they know their candidate is incapable of winning against her.

Exactly right!  :beer:

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rivergirl

Now, this is class, Mike Pence; pro-life, Hoosier, loves America.

The likes of Cruz and in fact, supporters too, could learn a lesson.

And you believe Pence abandoning ALL his principles about marriage  trade, support for Iraq war,  is something to be admired.?

geronl

@LMAO

As I have been saying since he announced,he is NOT running to be the president of the United States.

He has definitely proven that this morning.

His first press conference as nominee and he continues to make mentally ill attacks against a conservative Republican. He has no intention of uniting the party or of beating Hillary.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can never be proven - exactly right.  What you're doing is engaging in the same type of fantasy as those who thought Cruz, Walker, etc. would someone pull out a convention nomination - which didn't happen.

If Trump is all about ego, he would NEVER drop out, especially after having his children (Trumps, too) so publicly involved.  They are part of his legacy/reputation, too.  Pulling out would be a near universal meltdown for the Trump brand - and so far, the only folks in the race who have done that include Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz, Cruz just this last Wednesday.

@Mechanicos in case Trump runs things like Amway.  Mech, if you're a paid shill for Trump, I'd like to sign up under you.    :tongue2:

@Liberty Tree Dr

Give it a rest. You are a cheerleader for the indefensible. I get that. You have to be to not recognize the SOB is crazy as a loon.

And as a pathological liar,which is what he is,nothing he says this minute means a thing the next minute. He is a narcissistic sociopath,and reality is whatever he needs it to be to pump up his image. The man is 70 years old,and there is not ONE single event in his life anyone can point to say "That proves he is a man of moral character!" He was born into great wealth,and has done nothing his entire life but lie and steal money from people while running various cons,of which this presidential run is just the most recent.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 05:01:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

geronl

Trump has barely begun his campaign to make Hillary President. He'll give her a Congressional super-majority at this rate.

Offline Liberty Tree Dr

Give it a rest. You are a cheerleader for the indefensible.

Just because you say it is indefensible, doesn't make it so.  You can state something like, "nothing you say will make me change my mind", and that would be more accurate. 
#NeverTrump = #HillarySupremeCourt
We can survive four years of Trump, we can't survive thirty years of Hillary's Supreme Court picks.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Kind a fun you how everyone loved Cruz until this election.    You never heard a "conservative" say Cruz was creepy before Trump set his plan in motion.
It's interesting who was attacking Ted Cruz when he was making his stands in the Senate: establishment types, moderates and liberals who were afraid of losing.

Now, look at how many of them are now backing Trump. Cases in point, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner.

So whose side is Trump on, again?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's interesting who was attacking Ted Cruz when he was making his stands in the Senate: establishment types, moderates and liberals who were afraid of losing.

Now, look at how many of them are now backing Trump. Cases in point, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner.

So whose side is Trump on, again?

Like this:
McConnell Tells GOP Senators: We’ll Drop Trump ‘Like A Hot Rock’

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/27/mcconnell-tells-gop-senators-well-drop-trump-like-a-hot-rock/#ixzz4F9p3JXJj

Why was Cruz campaigning with Trump? Case in point; so many supporters wanted a Cruz Trump ticket, they had a rally together too. There was an alliance before it broke down.

Some of these persons were against Trump before they were for him; did anyone hear Ryan come out and discount what Trump said?

Once the convention happens, I don't think anyone would deny they are striving for party unity, to support the candidate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Free Vulcan

The REAL problem isn't about their adoration of the Orange Ego. The problem is they are Republican Party groupies that will for the remainder of their lives fall into instant head over heels LOVE with ANY candidate that wins the nomination of the alleged Republican Party. They did this for that evil old bastard Poppy Bush,the first Dim president in Republican clothing,they did it for Boy Jorge,they did it for John McLunatic,and they did it for Mittens. Now they are doing it for the Cookie Monster.

I guarantee you that if DiFi were to change her party affiliation to Republican and run for the WH as a Republican the next cycle,they would instantly fall in love with DiFi and blindly support her. What they NEED most of all is the same thing Donnie Little Hands needs,to be seen as "winners". If the country has to suffer to make it so,well the country just needs to suffer for it's own good.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Free Vulcan

The REAL problem isn't about their adoration of the Orange Ego. The problem is they are Republican Party groupies that will for the remainder of their lives fall into instant head over heels LOVE with ANY candidate that wins the nomination of the alleged Republican Party. They did this for that evil old bastard Poppy Bush,the first Dim president in Republican clothing,they did it for Boy Jorge,they did it for John McLunatic,and they did it for Mittens. Now they are doing it for the Cookie Monster.

I guarantee you that if DiFi were to change her party affiliation to Republican and run for the WH as a Republican the next cycle,they would instantly fall in love with DiFi and blindly support her. What they NEED most of all is the same thing Donnie Little Hands needs,to be seen as "winners". If the country has to suffer to make it so,well the country just needs to suffer for it's own good.

Unfortunately there is  LOT of truth to that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mechanicos

The irony is its Cruz supporters claiming they are the principled ones who support the Constitution, integrity etc. Yet they ignore the Facts:
Cruz is a senior partner at a very liberal heavy democrat donor law firm that openly supports Obama and Hilary;
that he argued reasonable gun-control in his Amicus Brief to the USSC;
that he ignored the the 1st and 4th Amendment rights of Trump supporters in Chicago;
that he got most of his early funding from a gay billionaire  in Texas;
that he continued to solicit large donations from the Gay Marriage proponent people while telling his followers something else entirely; and,
that his wife is a Goldman Sachs' Partner CFR member who was one of the authors of their plan to remove US borders and create a North American Union.

Yeah, you guys are so smart so conservative and are the principled ones...  :facepalm2:

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline rodamala

the #neverTrump movement was never a conservative movement - The leadership of the movement was Liberals and open border Rinos.

Must be some good weed this troll be smokin'.
:bullie smokin:

Offline mountaineer

Must be some good weed this troll be smokin'.
I'm guessing it was sprayed with some kind of noxious pesticide.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org