Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77568 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

At least Kasich didn't show up at all, which is a more honorable stance.  Cruz showing up and then NOT supporting Trump was like showing up at a party, and then spitting on the cake.

Cruz gave a brilliant speech describing the stakes in this election, echoing Trump's major themes and urging everyone to vote.   It was immensely supportive of Trump, except to the crazy Trumpsters who insist on kiss-my-ring fealty. 

Cruz was trying to unify the party,  except that you and the other Trumpsters who booed would rather keep up your ridiculous feud.

Yeah,  you sure must want to lose.     
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:12:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline wolfcreek

Clinton supporters?

You mean like the entire registered democRAT Trump family?

mirror

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
so there was a 'but' or 'depending on' or 'only if' at the end of his pledge?   funny, I don't hear it here....

In my experience, if I am trying to restore a failed relationship, my first move is to own my part of the failure. "I was wrong" opens the door to reconciliation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It had nothing to do with "joining a mob".  It proves, yet again, Ted Cruz is incapable of being a team player, of fighting for a greater good outside his personal ambitions---and everything he has done this year, including last night, is about him--first, last and always.

The people have proven they can embrace someone who has lost an election, but not a sore loser.  Last night Cruz proved he's the loser whose self-interest is above the country's in such a deliberate and obvious way at the moment we are fighting for our survival.

Just how freaking delusional are you,anyway? WHEN the alleged Republicans lose in November it will be because you supported the Orange Loser with tiny hands that is owned by the same bankers that own the Clintons,and because people like you swallowed the bait,hook,line,and sinker.

@Right_in_Virginia

Just how freaking delusional are you,anyway? WHEN the alleged Republicans lose in November it will be because you supported the Orange Loser with tiny hands that is owned by the same bankers that own the Clintons.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:19:30 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Silver Pines

Sarah Palin says that Cruz's speech was "career ending" and that people shouldn't support candidates who don't tell the truth.

SARAH PALIN said this!

LOLOLOL *deep breath* LOLLLLL

Offline oldmomster

In my experience, if I am trying to restore a failed relationship, my first move is to own my part of the failure. "I was wrong" opens the door to reconciliation.

It was Ted's place to own it.....he didn't.

Offline oldmomster

Yeah,  you sure must want to lose.   

I'm voting for the candidate, so its not on me if the votes arent there....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

Multiple witnesses confirm Manafort said "Wait until you see the reaction to the Ted Cruz speech."

Multiple witnesses confirm Trump people were moving through the crowd, encouraging delegates to boo.

Once again, the stupid oaf got in his own way, and turned a very good speech by Cruz into a legendary speech.

Thanks, Donald!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
 :bsflag: :bs: :bsflag: :bs::bsflag:

Politically brilliant move

Once Trump is exposed as the fraud that he is, Ted Cruz will come out like a hero.

I can't help that the TV punditry is so short sided, and collectively stupid. 

And to those NY delegate thugs who threatened MS. Cruz......  FU
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Sarah Palin says that Cruz's speech was "career ending" and that people shouldn't support candidates who don't tell the truth.

SARAH PALIN said this!

LOLOLOL *deep breath* LOLLLLL

No name calling! No name calling! No name calling! How about fill in the blank???  Sarah Palin is (a/an) ________________.

Offline MACVSOG68

Back on topic...

Cruz' speech of last night will grow larger over time. It will not diminish him.

Problem is that most in the auditorium last night didn't see it that way, which is why he's trying to explain himself this morning to the Texas delegation.  When you have to explain what you just said, you have problems.  What he did last night was to solidify his standing with the right wing, but make a lot of enemies.  Not a good thing to do when planning his 2020 presidential aspirations.  It wouldn't have taken much to ask for unity against Hillary, but he just couldn't do that.  It hasn't ended his political career, just made his job much tougher.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Just_Victor

mirror

I'm not sure what you mean.  No one in my family is a democRAT, registered or otherwise.

Or if you are calling me a Clinton supporter, I intend to vote for Trump this fall.  As the Trump enthusiasts keep pointing out, he's better than Hillary.  IMHO being the "Not Hillary" candidate is a pretty weak campaign theme, but hey, you have to roll with what got.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline sinkspur

It was Ted's place to own it.....he didn't.

Own what? Cruz was the TARGET of Trump's smears.  Trump never apologized for maligning Cruz's wife, his father, and Cruz himself.

Cruz took a risk, but it will pay off for him big time when Trump loses.   He'll be the guy who took the keys away from a drunk.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Cruz emerges with his integrity intact. Trump clearly does not want Ted's endorsement because that would require apologizing for his outrageous attacks in the primary.

And, it can be said that much of how people view Cruz' speech 4 years hence will be based on a President Trump performance.

Ironic, ain't it?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Just_Victor

Just as when Ted Cruz couldn't consolidate the not Trump vote and it was on him, if Trump cannot consolidate the Not Hillary vote, it's Trump's failure, and his alone.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Poser

Ted had a chance to show some class and do what he pledged to do from the beginning. I suspect that he  and Kasich have ruined their future chances in presidential politics. A whole lot of Republicans will remember this in four or eight years. The only way this works out for either of them is if Trump does something so stupid that most of his supporters turn away from him and admit they were wrong from the beginning.

Crazier things have happened, but it is quite unlikely. It takes a lot for most people to change their entire way of thinking.  Rubio showed a bit more class, but he did himself no favor as well.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:bsflag: :bs: :bsflag: :bs::bsflag:

Politically brilliant move

Once Trump is exposed as the fraud that he is, Ted Cruz will come out like a hero.

I can't help that the TV punditry is so short sided, and collectively stupid. 

And to those NY delegate thugs who threatened MS. Cruz......  FU
It's those darned New York Values, again. Miss Ogeny, paging Miss Ogeny, come to the bruised courtesy phone...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I must be a die hard Cruz supporter then, because tonight I heard someone who actually speaks for me.

BTW Trump himself backed out of the pledge deal on 3/30/16 on CNN. So can we dispense with that particular untruth, at least?

Same here.  Never more proud of the courage of Ted Cruz, and in the face of the Roman mob.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline oldmomster

Problem is that most in the auditorium last night didn't see it that way, which is why he's trying to explain himself this morning to the Texas delegation.  When you have to explain what you just said, you have problems.   It wouldn't have taken much to ask for unity against Hillary, but he just couldn't do that.  It hasn't ended his political career, just made his job much tougher.

When he DOES run again the fact that he lied about supporting the winner will taint him.  Makes him look like a sore loser - which is a pretty childish stance to take in politics. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I supported Cruz and still do not support Trump. I think Cruz should not have shown up in that hall if he was not going to lend more support to the ticket.

the GOP convention is not just nominating the President.  There are a lot of other items being decided such as party platform, etc.  Do you believe the party should lockstep in just one direction?  this is not a dictatorship.

Maybe he is standing on principle, but what about the principle and honor of signing a pledge and abiding by it because you gave your word?

Did Ted reverse himself since March when he said he would not necessarily support GOP nominee?  http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/29/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nominee-pledge/

I would like to see you source if he did.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Silver Pines

so there was a 'but' or 'depending on' or 'only if' at the end of his pledge?   funny, I don't hear it here....

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

So if someone attacked your husband and your father, you'd be a disloyal doormat and keep some "pledge" made to the person?

Cruz did the only honorable thing.  He put his wife and his father, and his principles and his country, before that stupid oaf, Trump.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

No, it's on you and the other Trumpsters who want no reconciliation with those of us who voted for Cruz or Kasich.   

What is wrong with a message to Vote your Conscience?   Have you forgotten you have one?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Respectfully, RIV, that's ridiculous.    Cruz didn't urge anyone not to vote for Trump.   He made clear in stark terms the stakes this election, and urged all who were listening to get out and vote in November, up and down the ticket.  And Cruz unequivocally endorsed Trump's major themes of keeping dangerous immigrants out and building "the wall".

As much as you'd like to think it so,  it is no diss of Trump or anyone else to urge all Americans to vote their consciences.  You're voting your conscience, aren't you?   Why shouldn't we all?   

You can't dismiss the reality that Trump treated Cruz and his family very badly during the primaries.   Cruz did everything a reasonable man could be expected to do in his speech - he spoke not one bad word about the Republican nominee,  and made exactly the kind of pitch  - a passionate apologia for liberty- centric and opportunity-centric government - that can and will unify the party, if only the Trumpsters will let it .

The Trumpsters who booed Cruz are fools,  but perhaps Trump himself is not.   He should be MAGNANIMOUS in victory tonight, and should specifically thank  Cruz for articulating so well the values that animate the Republican party.   He should even consider recognizing the bad blood between them,  and apologize for dissing Cruz's wife and dad.   If he does that, he'll likely unify the party.   If he doesn't,  and proves yet again that it's all about him,  then Hillary can start measuring the drapes.     

This is just about a perfectly-stated post in all respects.
James 1:20

Offline oldmomster

Own what? Cruz was the TARGET of Trump's smears.  Trump never apologized for maligning Cruz's wife, his father, and Cruz himself.

Cruzpac started it with the picture of Melania.....meant to hurt Trump in Utah with the Mormons.