Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77185 times)

geronl

Trump said, "No one knows the system better than me" After saying the system was corrupt.

Who better to fix the corrupt system?

Not someone who is proud to be corrupt, that's for sure.

geronl

Then go back to your corner and cry with Ted about how hurt your feelings are. This is politics not tiddly winks

Ted's not the one crying, Trump is the one having the Trumpertantrum.

geronl

@Smokin Joe

I just read a short news report today that Virginia Government "Terrible Terry" McAuliff,former Clinton jock strap and all around enemy of America,

endorsed and funded by Trump

geronl

Trump has spent the last three days going after Cruz, Kasich, the WTO, companies who offshore,  basking in the glow of Vince McMahon, and asserting we'll deny entry to visitors from France and Germany.

destroying NATO for his pal Putin

geronl

Kasich and Cruz are yesterday's news for Trump,

You must have missed MEET THE PRESS this morning

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/24/fix-was-in-trump-camp-stokes-dem-tensions-over-emails-suggesting-anti-sanders-bias.html

PHILADELPHIA –  Donald Trump’s campaign wasted no time Sunday stoking tensions inside the Democratic ranks over Hillary Clinton’s choice of running mate and the leak of party files suggesting some officials worked against Bernie Sanders – with Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort saying, “the fix was in from the beginning.”

So far, so good. But let's see just how much he throws at them when the Democratic convention speeches
and fustians begin.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline MACVSOG68

So far, so good. But let's see just how much he throws at them when the Democratic convention speeches
and fustians begin.

Yes, we'll see.  I'm hoping he continues his attack on her...and that the rest of the GOP does the same.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline libertybele

I take it you missed Trump's acceptance speech?  What I heard was an attack on Hillary as Secretary of State, her email scandal, immigration and other issues.  What is it you think Trump missed as far as going after her?

He is continuing his obsession with destroying Cruz, Kasich and Rubio.  He has the nomination and should be focused on defeating Hillary not on funding Super Pacs to end the careers of the three that were his strongest opponents.  It's time to move on., but instead Donny is still continuing to disrupt the conservative movement and fracture the party.  His objective to ensure Hillary's coronation is so obvious, I find it really amazing that his supporters haven't caught on yet.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline MACVSOG68

You must have missed MEET THE PRESS this morning

Don't cherry-pick certain words in my point.  I said Trump should move on from Cruz and Kasich.  And I still maintain he's got to get his campaign against Hillary together.  He has started it, but needs to hit her hard...daily. 

Offline libertybele

Don't cherry-pick certain words in my point.  I said Trump should move on from Cruz and Kasich.  And I still maintain he's got to get his campaign against Hillary together.  He has started it, but needs to hit her hard...daily.

He's not going to.  That isn't his objective.  His objective is to ensure Hillary's coronation. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Then go back to your corner and cry with Ted about how hurt your feelings are. This is politics not tiddly winks

Get back to us when Roman P. Trump stops playing tiddlywinks.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline MACVSOG68

He's not going to.  That isn't his objective.  His objective is to ensure Hillary's coronation.

I missed the memo...

Offline Hoodat

I said Trump should move on from Cruz and Kasich.

Trump should have moved on two months ago.   Yet he continues to act like Lt. Commander Queeg complaining about what happened to the strawberries.

Donald Trump is not mentally fit to be President of the United States.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Trump should have moved on two months ago.   Yet he continues to act like Lt. Commander Queeg complaining about what happened to the strawberries.

Donald Trump is not mentally fit to be President of the United States.

For a long time my tagline at another site was...

Trump to McCain, "Pass the strawberries".
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

geronl

Trump has been doing his best to get attention OFF of Hillary's problems this whole scampaign.

geronl

I missed the memo...

even when she was "cleared" by the FBI Trump had to go and change the topic to something else, instead of focusing. That was one of the best opportunities he is going to get and he did nothing with it. Less than nothing.

Trump admitted he was already bored with attacking Hillary. The same way he was bored with Marla as she walked down to aisle to marry him.

Offline JustPassinThru

Self-evident to all of us.  Sanders' wins primary states and the delegates all go to Hildabeast.  Their rules make whom their leaders choose the nominee - not their subjects. 

The GOP just adopted the same rules for future elections in their party.

What is not so evident to most in the GOP  is the fix put in to ensure Trump would remove all Conservative opposition for Hillary and sabotage the Conservative movement into irrelevance by continuously attacking it after he ingratiated himself into the hearts and minds of disgruntled Republicans.

The Republican Party is deader than Elvis, to Conservatives.  It's time we, who are almost-certainly the majority of the party base, LEFT to form our own conservative-principles party.

It's too late to do anything about this election cycle; but let's get real.  The lifers and RINOs are ensconced.  They will not be dislodged and they are changing the rules to keep their kind in perpetuity.

All this continues as long as the Crony Cash flows in.  So...we're not welcome.  Let's go elsewhere - the new party can endorse a Republican when the given Republican is a solid choice.  That won't be often, anymore...it's just Crony Statists, as opposed to the undemocratic Democrats' Marxist Collectivist Statists.

The argument is, a third party will ensure a Democrat victory for decades; that the non-Democrat vote will be split two ways.  But that differs from the present situation HOW?  Right now we have the DEMOCRAT vote being split, with the Democan-Republicrat Lord Trumpy chasing the Bernie goofballs.  Sounds like they've already decided to fight for the same turf, abandoning their history, their principles, their platform, their base.

There is no other way.  That is, within the Union.  Considerations of States taking themselves OUT of the Union are also worth entertaining.

Offline MACVSOG68

Trump has been doing his best to get attention OFF of Hillary's problems this whole scampaign.

And yet he ripped into her on all fronts during his acceptance speech.  As I said, I missed the memo...and apparently he did too. 

Offline Suppressed

And yet he ripped into her on all fronts during his acceptance speech.  As I said, I missed the memo...and apparently he did too.

And Obama wrote a supportive letter to law enforcement, so I guess he can't really be against the police. </sarc>

But like with Obama, it's difficult to tell whether he's insidious or just incompetent, isn't it?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MACVSOG68

And Obama wrote a supportive letter to law enforcement, so I guess he can't really be against the police. </sarc>

But like with Obama, it's difficult to tell whether he's insidious or just incompetent, isn't it?

Oh, it's insidiousness obviously.  He's going to do everything he can to tear Hillary down...only to tell everyone on November 8 early in the morning that he was just kidding...and everyone should vote for Hillary.  Trump's a multi-billionaire, has only one candidate to beat to become the most powerful man in the world...but he really wants Hillary to beat him...why?  She can do what for him that his fortune and the White House cannot?  Not to worry...I don't expect a realistic answer.

Offline libertybele

Self-evident to all of us.  Sanders' wins primary states and the delegates all go to Hildabeast.  Their rules make whom their leaders choose the nominee - not their subjects. 

The GOP just adopted the same rules for future elections in their party.

What is not so evident to most in the GOP  is the fix put in to ensure Trump would remove all Conservative opposition for Hillary and sabotage the Conservative movement into irrelevance by continuously attacking it after he ingratiated himself into the hearts and minds of disgruntled Republicans.

You nailed it!!

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It's time we, who are almost-certainly the majority of the party base, LEFT to form our own conservative-principles party.

What percentage of overall GOP voters constitutes "the base" you are describing?

Because whenever i hear these calls for a third party, i wonder how a group of voters who aren't even numerous enough to win a plurality in the GOP primary (which itself is only 30-35%% of the electorate at best) can manage to win a general election.

Offline JustPassinThru

What percentage of overall GOP voters constitutes "the base" you are describing?

Because whenever i hear these calls for a third party, i wonder how a group of voters who aren't even numerous enough to win a plurality in the GOP primary (which itself is only 30-35%% of the electorate at best) can manage to win a general election.

I dunno.  What percentage supported Ronald Reagan?

What percentage is active with, has attended meetings of, or is sympathetic to the Tea Party?  I'd bet over 65 percent.

The way to find out is to do it.  No, not do it the Losertarian way, nominate a bunch of clowns and then put on a circus.  No, form the party; get places on ballots...get a fund-raising apparatus up; YES, a political party needs money.  Lock down by-laws that keep out the cronies, corporatists, and RINO lifers.  Starting with SHORT office term limits.

And pick a few battles.  Where there are weak cipher-RINOpubicrats, run a strong conservative.

DO NOT, right away, try to nominate a Presidential candidate.  Let the RINOs know, that this new group will caucus with them and even endorse their boy - IF he is ACCEPTABLE.  No Shrub need apply.

They can still have a shot, IF they play ball with the new player.  That way, overtaking and killing the New Whig Party will be easy and bloodless - and Rinse Pubis can go back to Daddy's mansion and maybe run his Honduran subsidiary, whatever it is Big Pubis does.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It doesn't matter, now, does it.

First we were told the GOP doesn't need us anyway.
Second, this isn't about anything but principle this time around. I understand that some people will have problems with that concept, but we aren't voting for the liberal candidates.
There are a number of deal breaking issue stances or traits which prohibit that, as a matter of conscience.

Third, if that party is to grow, if not now, when? If not us, who?

Continuing with the GOP isn't going to get us the government we want, that being one based on the United States Constitution, as amended, as close to original intent as can be, with power and rights restored to the States and the People where that power and those Rights belong.

Obviously, the Democrat Party will offer no relief.

You ask us to define a number we cannot. You want a percentage answer to a question which has not been asked. Insufficient data. The electorate has been handed Hobson's choice and will reflect that. The question which will be answered at the polls will be which candidate they fear most, not what they prefer.
There are those who might side with us who fear the boogeyman of Clinton enough to vote for Trump. That is on their conscience. If they aren't happy with that, they can still work to build a third party, however they vote this time.

For those who view burning the village to save it as a nonviable option, there is the opportunity to develop and build another option for the future. If too few are willing to take that route, so be it, we will have tried, and the Republic will decay into a criminal cartel/oliarchy, as it has been doing since Ronald Reagan.

To say that those who believed otherwise and whose votes were split among 16 candidates do not reach the numbers of the plurality that gave us this nominee, especially in the midst of the disinformation campaign waged against that leading opposition candidate may provide you with a distorted metric.

Those who decide to build a third party do not expect instantaneous gratification. The American people have forgotten what it is like to be free, and sometimes have given up that freedom by popular demand. It may take the bitter lash of totalitarianism to awaken their desire for freedom. I, for one, hope not, and seek to provide my children, grand children, and great grandchildren another option.

Even if you feel you must vote for Trump to keep Hillary out of office, let me ask you, Are you confident that this will lead to the government you want, that you think America should have? If not, do what you feel you must this time, but help build a party which will fight for the America that should be for all Americans, not just some bitter dregs and tossed bones from a ruling elite.
YMMV
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
The way to find out is to do it.  No, not do it the Losertarian way, nominate a bunch of clowns and then put on a circus.  No, form the party; get places on ballots...get a fund-raising apparatus up; YES, a political party needs money.  Lock down by-laws that keep out the cronies, corporatists, and RINO lifers.  Starting with SHORT office term limits.

And pick a few battles.  Where there are weak cipher-RINOpubicrats, run a strong conservative.

About twelve years ago, I think it was, on TOS I suggested the Libertarian Party made a huge mistake (other than letting
Harry Browne try to turn it into a Chicago-style fiefdom) when they chose from the outset to run candidates nationally.
I had in mind the example of the New York Conservative Party (which, in turn, took its own example from the state's
older Liberal Party), which formed to act as a pressure point on Republicans (as the Liberal Party did for Democrats).

The Conservative Party's impetus was to offer endorsement to Republicans in assorted state and local races. If the
candidates in question accepted the endorsement, the Conservative Party felt reasonably sure that that candidate
was as close as could be to the Conservative Party's basic platform. If the candidates in question rejected Conservative
Party endorsement, only then would the Conservative Party seek a candidate for the office in question.

The Conservative Party ended up wielding far greater influence per capita taking that route. (They also elected James
Buckley---the elder brother of William F. Buckley, Jr.---to the Senate in 1970.) I thought then, and I still think now,
that national third parties might do themselves better to go that route.

Logically for the Libertarian Party, they would act as the same sort of pressure point against the Republican Party
since the Libertarian Party's platform would probably find a more comfortable hearing among Republicans than
Democrats. If I were running the LP, I'd have done with just running candidates and, instead, take the New York
Conservative Party route: seek the Republicans who seem closest to libertarian positions and offer the LP endorse-
ment, running LP candidates only in the event that those Republicans, and perhaps the extremely few
Democrats whom it would make sense to offer an LP endorsement, reject such an endorsement

But then if the Libertarian Party knew how to think a) logically and b) along a strict interpretation of its own rules,
the failure to think b) allowed Browne and his minions to operate like they'd learned the fine art of politicking from
the Daley machine, I wouldn't have ended my own LP membership a few years ago.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.