Author Topic: WOW! POLITICAL SUICIDE! TED CRUZ REFUSES TO ENDORSE TRUMP – CROWD BOOS HIM OFF STAGE  (Read 77555 times)

Offline Gov Bean Counter

It was so radical of Ted to say "Vote your conscience.  Vote to defend the Constitution."  Do the unmentionalbles even know what they were booing?

Since when did "Vote your conscience" become an anti-Trump dog whistle?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Mod1

This thread will be moved to Politics and merged with the other thread on the exact same topic.

Offline Mechanicos

Since the speech Cruz gave the convention said he was going to say  "we must support the Trump-Pence ticket"
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online mountaineer

If you take Cruz saying 'vote your values' as not endorsing Trump - you admit Trump does not follow your values.
Indeed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Just_Victor

Indeed.

Sad fact of the matter for Trump, is that if Cruz shows up on the first Tuesday in November and votes a straight party ticket (which I am confident he will do), he has supported Trump and kept his promise to do so.

But it's very telling of Trump and his supporters that they keep telling us that we have to support their candidate because defeating Hillary is the ultimate goal.  And yet their focus is completely on Ted Cruz and other Republicans who aren't particularly enthusiastic about Trump.  I think I can see who their real enemy is.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Hank Rearden

So you're saying Cruz does not love America because he has declined to endorse the man who called him a liar, made fun of his wife's appearance, and implied Cruz's dad helped assassinate JFK.

Delusional.  ****sheep****
"The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans." - Gen. Robert E. Lee

Online mountaineer

For Conservatives, the 2016 Election is Already Lost
By:Jeremy Boreing
July 20, 2016
EXCERPTED
For American conservatives who believe in Judeo-Christian values, Free Market Capitalism and Classical Liberalism, the 2016 election is already lost.

On the one hand, we have the Democrat candidate, Hillary Clinton, who is perhaps the most corrupt figure ever to seek the presidency.   ...

On the other hand, we have as the Republican nominee one of Mrs. Clinton’s financial supporters – has that ever happened before? – a man who actually sought Mrs. Clinton’s husband’s advice about whether or not to run in the first place (and received a positive recommendation, by the way). Like Mrs. Clinton, Donald Trump is a serial liar and self-promoter but with the added benefit of being a litigious, boorish vulgarian who boasts about bedding married women, plays footsies with overt racists, praises dictators, promotes conspiracy theories, suggests that Ted Cruz’s father may have plotted to assassinate John F. Kennedy and echoes the worst slander of George Soros that “Bush lied; people died.”

To the extent that he has any ideological motive beneath his soaring self-regard, it is too obscure to make out, but all signs point to so decidedly a European right-wing (read, nationalist left-wing) bent that it all but ensures the final destruction of what remains of our constitutional republic in favor of an authoritarian state.

While Mr. Trump may have some utility in the fight against political correctness, actual correctness has also been a casualty of his campaign.  ...
Read the rest at Daily Wire.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hank Rearden

When you have to hold your nose, disregard your conscience, and vote for him as the lesser of two evils to prevent Hildabeast from assuming the throne.

If the vote was on conscience, it would be a third party vote for someone who has no chance of winning or staying home rather than casting a ballot for either the GOP or Dimwit nominee.

Offline Hank Rearden

For Conservatives, the 2016 Election is Already Lost

It's all about damage control at this point with the hope that what remains of the republic survives until January 2021.

Offline WAC

...............  defeating Hillary is the ultimate goal..........

Well.....it will be one or the other, a win or loose Presidential race between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton at this juncture in the election cycle... Every thing else is past or hindsight.

Obvious the reason folks are talking Cruz is because of the events last night and how each is perceiving the happening.....and the media certainly pushed the idea , all day on every news cycle, of would or not Cruz endorse Trump.  Pence became an after thought before he even came onto the stage to be  officially introduced as VP.  ...which should have been the focus as it has in past Conventions.

Offline Mechanicos

Ted Cruz wows the crowd last night ...
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@truth_seeker

I may be wrong,but I think this will help him politically in the future. It shows him to be a man of character. Someone that will stick with what they think is right even if it is unpopular at the time.

ANY fool can join a mob.

It had nothing to do with "joining a mob".  It proves, yet again, Ted Cruz is incapable of being a team player, of fighting for a greater good outside his personal ambitions---and everything he has done this year, including last night, is about him--first, last and always.

The people have proven they can embrace someone who has lost an election, but not a sore loser.  Last night Cruz proved he's the loser whose self-interest is above the country's in such a deliberate and obvious way at the moment we are fighting for our survival.

If the Republicans lose in November, he now carries the stain.  If the Republicans win in November, he will be marginalized even more than he is now.  The reported smartest man in the room has proved he is not.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I once had a whole  bag full of 'Nixon Now, More than Ever' buttons.  Wish I still had them.  They would make great backdrops for 'Never Trump'.

I have been wearing one of those on my hat since the primaries started!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Post all one wants, ad hom Cruz rabid dogs are doing so all day, using languages like "suck ass" though Cruz was out on the campaign trail with Trump; I didn't see the Clintons on the campaign trail with Trump.  Cruz associated with Trump so at the least, this seems to say Cruz has bad judgement too, in such manners. Yes, there is a difference.
You can't even get a simple quote right. I said "suckbutt" implying ass kisser. I did not say "suck ass" Get it right or go home, troll.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mechanicos

We watched Ted Cruz’s political career die tonight, by the end of the speech his most ardent supporters in the Texas delegation were booing him. He may not even be able to get reelected to the Senate after this...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It had nothing to do with "joining a mob".  It proves, yet again, Ted Cruz is incapable of being a team player, of fighting for a greater good outside his personal ambitions---and everything he has done this year, including last night, is about him--first, last and always.

The people have proven they can embrace someone who has lost an election, but not a sore loser.  Last night Cruz proved he's the loser whose self-interest is above the country's in such a deliberate and obvious way at the moment we are fighting for our survival.

If the Republicans lose in November, he now carries the stain.  If the Republicans win in November, he will be marginalized even more than he is now.  The reported smartest man in the room has proved he is not.

Respectfully, RIV, that's ridiculous.    Cruz didn't urge anyone not to vote for Trump.   He made clear in stark terms the stakes this election, and urged all who were listening to get out and vote in November, up and down the ticket.  And Cruz unequivocally endorsed Trump's major themes of keeping dangerous immigrants out and building "the wall".

As much as you'd like to think it so,  it is no diss of Trump or anyone else to urge all Americans to vote their consciences.  You're voting your conscience, aren't you?   Why shouldn't we all?   

You can't dismiss the reality that Trump treated Cruz and his family very badly during the primaries.   Cruz did everything a reasonable man could be expected to do in his speech - he spoke not one bad word about the Republican nominee,  and made exactly the kind of pitch  - a passionate apologia for liberty- centric and opportunity-centric government - that can and will unify the party, if only the Trumpsters will let it .

The Trumpsters who booed Cruz are fools,  but perhaps Trump himself is not.   He should be MAGNANIMOUS in victory tonight, and should specifically thank  Cruz for articulating so well the values that animate the Republican party.   He should even consider recognizing the bad blood between them,  and apologize for dissing Cruz's wife and dad.   If he does that, he'll likely unify the party.   If he doesn't,  and proves yet again that it's all about him,  then Hillary can start measuring the drapes.     
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:31:10 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That is what upset the Trumpquats, Those are the very things they hate the most.

@geronl

Of course freedom scares them.  They know they are too stupid to think or care for themselves,and that's why they pick a cult figure to fall behind  and support. That way no matter what goes wrong in their lives,it's not THEIR fault because they are just following orders.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ted is a complete ass hole and the majority at the convention think so. He is so dead in the party he really played it wrong by not honoring his pledge. He is a jerk and to think I once liked him never again though.

@raml

Being dead to a party that blindly supports a narcissistic sociopath is a GOOD thing

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The fact that so many Trumpquats would react to "Vote Your Conscience" like a vampire to a cross tells me they already know Trump is a scumbag.

@geronl

Yeah,but he is THEIR scumbag.

"MY team! MY team,Sis,Boomb,Bah!

Offline oldmomster

Cruz didn't urge anyone not to vote for Trump.   He made clear in stark terms the stakes this election, and urged all who were listening to get out and vote in November, up and down the ticket.  And Cruz unequivocally endorsed Trump's major themes of keeping dangerous immigrants out and building "the wall".

Ted Cruz and John Kasich said - on stage in front of millions - that they would endorse Donald Trump if he was the nominee. 

They are liars, pure and simple.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/07/flashback-ted-cruz-promises-national-tv-endorse-donald-trump-video/

Offline wolfcreek

Over dramatization in the original article; but....

I'm sure Cruz will be okay, even if Trump loses, he will be the figurehead leader a la Romney?

Cruz will do just fine. I'm loyal to the party and not to Cruz or Trump. Trump is the nominee, Cruz has reasons to hold back his endorsement.

Cruz's campaign was not angelic either, they had the mailers, the incident in Iowa with Carson and Cruz was buddy buddy with Trump when it suited him.

IIRC the promise was to 'support' the nominee not, to actually 'endorse' them. [so there's that]

I've lost a lot of respect for the candidate I voted for in the primary. IMO, he screwed the pooch.

Offline wolfcreek

Reagan did not endorse Ford in 1976 unless you hire a very liberal interpreter.

"Vote your conscience" is as close as Ted could have come without compromising his principles.

Tell us about your existence, Geron? Let's make a judgement on whether you're white trash or not. [been called White trash myself]

Remember; it takes one to know one.

Sounds like something Obama would say.

Come on, don't be shy.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:50:56 pm by wolfcreek »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Ted Cruz and John Kasich said - on stage in front of millions - that they would endorse Donald Trump if he was the nominee. 

They are liars, pure and simple.

If that's how you want to play it, then go on, lose your damn election.   You'd rather lose,  wouldn't you?   

Cruz gave a terrific speech about what animates conservatives,  making clear the stakes, and urging everyone to vote. 

But you'd rather defend your Donald's precious ego.   Use your head for something other than a hatrack.   Cruz's speech can and should have unified the party - but the Trumpsters just won't let it. 

Go on the Trumpster live thread from yesterday if you don't believe me.  The Trumpsters were loving Cruz's speech - he didn't say ONE CRITICAL WORD about the nominee - but then the posts changed on a dime when it became clear that Cruz wouldn't do the one little act of fealty you all insisted on.    He said Vote your Conscience, not Vote for Trump.

Trump's supporters are fools.   All they've got is their anger, and even in victory they won't let it go.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sinkspur

IIRC the promise was to 'support' the nominee not, to actually 'endorse' them. [so there's that]

I've lost a lot of respect for the candidate I voted for in the primary. IMO, he screwed the pooch.

Nah.  If Trump loses, Cruz will look like the guy who took the keys away from a drunk driver.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Brad Thor ‏@BradThor  5h5 hours ago
Brad Thor Retweeted The Hill
Ginning up the boos, staging his walk-in.. This is Wrestlemania from a cheap, two-bit conman. And the rubes love it.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.