Author Topic: Did Ronald Reagan Ever Endorse Gerald Ford?  (Read 3877 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Did Ronald Reagan Ever Endorse Gerald Ford?
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 12:37:39 am »
Cruz campaigned with Trump,

Cruz only has platitudes to speak, doesn't even compare to a Governor like Rick Perry, TC has no great accomplishments, just sitting in committee rooms blowing hot air.

Cruz campaign was a real dirty one.

Why is it you chronic intransigent Trump supporting posters always seem to be ESL types? The way you use words, the syntax, etc. Could it be you are posting from some distant locale for a salary?

Since I'm in a conspiratorial mood today I thought I'd throw that out there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2016, 12:39:05 am »

Cruz only has platitudes to speak, doesn't even compare to a Governor like Rick Perry, TC has no great accomplishments, just sitting in committee rooms blowing hot air.

Cruz campaign was a real dirty one.

Do you have to practice projection like that or does it just come naturally?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2016, 12:41:34 am »
People liked Reagan including those who worked with him. Cruz is no Reagan and the comparison is offensive.

Reagan was a govenor, Cruz is a senator.

How ate comparisons between two Constitutional Conservatives offensive exactly?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline DB

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2016, 12:47:53 am »
Cruz's campaign accused Rubio of saying something bad about the word of God, the Bible, what Cruz accused Rubio of was an admitted lie; http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/22/cruz-official-apologizes-over-rubio-video-alleging-bible-diss.html

So, no, Cruz has ran a dirty campaign the whole way, from the dealings with Carson in Iowa to the Carolinas. Cruz ran just as dingy of a campaign.

Cruz campaigned with Trump, why would he do this?

Also, all Trump said was the National Enquirer was running a story asserting Cruz's dad knew "crazy Lee Harvey Oswald", he didn't accuse Rafael Cruz of participating in the assassination of JFK.

Heard of strawman?

BTW, National Enquirer is run by Trump's close friend. I heard you do little boys, but I'm not saying that - is bottom of the barrel for excuses.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2016, 12:51:30 am »
How ate comparisons between two Constitutional Conservatives offensive exactly?

Asking a question like that to one of these professional Trump supporting posters is like asking an Indian call center operator 'why can't I upload my iCloud photo library?'.

They cannot answer the question without starting with page one: 'check the power cord. Is your computer plugged in?'

In this case it'll be something more like, 'oh yeah? well so's Cruz's old lady'.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2016, 12:52:58 am »

I have made this argument on two other threads and seen no response from you.  Of course you owe me no response, but one can only conclude that you have none if you defer three times.

Cruz campaigned with Trump early on because Cruz worked to maintain positive relationships with all the candidates.  That is how party unity is actually maintained by serious leaders.  When Cruz achieved better poll numbers in Iowa Trump made it personal, when Cruz won Iowa Trump made it more personal, and when Cruz continued to compete Trump insulted Cruz's family.  Trump's megalomania is what destroyed party unity.

That Cruz campaigned with Trump is not the indictment of inconsistency or cowardice you imply, and if those characteristics are not your meaning then please clarify.  On the contrary, it was an example of keeping the campaign professional, and Cruz maintained that attitude until his family was attacked.  Those who now criticize Cruz in the name of party unity are blaming the guy who did the most to promote it.  They would be far more credible by insisting that their chosen leader learn the lesson Cruz taught in the opening weeks of the campaign, when he did the very thing you continue to question.
James 1:20