Author Topic: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country  (Read 8967 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Nuclear Option: Ted Cruz Loves Himself More Than Our Country
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2016, 03:35:01 pm »
With video that deserves its own thread. I really want to find reason to believe Trump is not the boogie man we think he is, but every day he proves to us all that he really is. And worse.

Here ya go!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=216969.new#new
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2016, 03:35:55 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2016, 03:42:32 pm »
He is saying people have to vote for him because of Hitlery's SC picks. He also is swiping at Kasich and Cruz again. He wants to fund a PAC to defeat Cruz for Senate.
And he accuses Cruz of betraying his party.  :thud:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline bilo

« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2016, 03:43:45 pm »
No one in my family ever supported Trump. I do not know who the people are that do. This devastating display on mental illness should wake up everyone.

I have a brother that does and we will be talking!

My wife was kind of with him after Orlando, but not now.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2016, 03:45:26 pm »
He is saying people have to vote for him because of Hitlery's SC picks. He also is swiping at Kasich and Cruz again. He wants to fund a PAC to defeat Cruz for Senate.

Trump working hard to be the first  Republican to lose Texas since Ford.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Ted Cruz and the Trump Takeover - Patrick J. Buchanan
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »
Exactly how much can you accomplish when:

1) You don't have much support from the leaders of your own party, who all want to get along with the other side.

2) Obama has the veto pen.

You can, with your brilliant mind and political judgment, read Dr. Seuss !! Get Glenn Beck on your team.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2016, 04:02:29 pm »
Insane.

The focus should be on Hillary and Democrats and giving voters a conservative alternative to the left.

Instead the GOP of Trump sounds just like the Democrats and are STILL attacking conservatives.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »
I would have to say that many Republicans do not understand Donald Trump the way Ted Cruz does.

Ted Cruz did not outright endorse Trump for the simple reason that he knows Trump's EGO.

If you know the The Donald's personality, endorsement is simply "proof" that you are willing to SUBMIT to him. There's the word -- SUBMIT.

Why do I say this? Trump insulted Cruz's wife and father without apologizing for it.  His willingness to humiliate the likes of Christie, mocking his weight (“No more Oreos”), among other things, should make that obvious. He even insulted Carly Fiorina's face.

Not apologizing for saying something right is one thing ( as in -- Many Illegal immigrants from Mexico are criminals ). Not apologizing for doing something wrong is another. The sad thing is  Trump does not consider it his job to reach out and favor his vanquished opponents with magnanimity and grace even after he humiliates their family.

Cruz considers it a sign of SERVILITY if he were to stoop to endorsing Trump without the requisite apology.

There are worse phrases to be associated with than “Vote Your Conscience.” That will always be Ted Cruz’s signature line ( similar to William Wallace's "Freedom!") and for which he will always be remembered.

As I drove to work today, I was surprised to see several cars with bumper stickers like this ( and I live in New York ):

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2016, 04:03:35 pm »
Exactly how much can you accomplish when:

1) You don't have much support from the leaders of your own party, who all want to get along with the other side.

2) Obama has the veto pen.

How come some like Governor Perry have accomplishments? I'd say teamwork is important too.

I love what Rick Perry said, "if the RNC was about unifying the party, Cruz didn't get the memo".

I'm sorry, a lot of what is accomplished is through teamwork.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2016, 04:04:45 pm »
You can, with your brilliant mind and political judgment, read Dr. Seuss !! Get Glenn Beck on your team.

You have done a very good job of NOT ANSWERING my question. But I am a patient man... I'm still waiting.

Online LMAO

« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:11 pm »
Insane.

The focus should be on Hillary and Democrats and giving voters a conservative alternative to the left.

Instead the GOP of Trump sounds just like the Democrats and are STILL attacking conservatives.

Trump represents the new wing of the GOP. The Progressive Nationalist/Populist wing. And in the battle for the GOP the other two wings, the GOPe and the conservative wing, needs to be subdued
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:51 pm »
Vote Your Conscience, gee, I'm glad we know we need to be told that.  Cruz really hit that out of the ball park.

By one of the few true conservatives, might as well coronate him Reagan II; as Mark Levin, Cruz are some of the few conservatives around.

Everyone else is establishment or a RINO.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2016, 04:06:30 pm »
You have done a very good job of NOT ANSWERING my question. But I am a patient man... I'm still waiting.

Mechanicos uses the same tactics.  I gave up after asking him to answer the same question 3 times yesterday
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2016, 04:07:41 pm »
How come some like Governor Perry have accomplishments? I'd say teamwork is important too.

Rick Perry has a REPUBLICAN legislature. BOTH Senate and House.

I'm sorry, a lot of what is accomplished is through teamwork.

OK, let's go back to my question -- Assuming you are the Junior Senator from Texas ( and please, don't use the Perry example with all branches of government under Republican control ), with Obama wielding the veto pen ... how do you accomplish what you promised your constituents?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2016, 04:10:12 pm »
This crap and the unhinged press conference this morning by Il Douche should confirm for all of you that the real enemy Trump and his minions hate and are at war with is Conservatives who will not bend the knee.

It's not Hillary they seek to defeat and destroy.

It's you and me and every Conservative who has not surrendered his principles to a fascist.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2016, 04:11:44 pm »
Vote Your Conscience, gee, I'm glad we know we need to be told that.  Cruz really hit that out of the ball park.

By one of the few true conservatives, might as well coronate him Reagan II; as Mark Levin, Cruz are some of the few conservatives around.

Everyone else is establishment or a RINO.

Here are the exact words of Ted Cruz.... (with emphasis in bold)

And to those listening, please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution.

Back to you --- If you believe Donald Trump meets the above criteria, why should you be offended?

It should be an endorsement to Trump.

So, what were the boo's all about?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2016, 04:15:14 pm »
I think i see your problem. All of those are Open Border PAC funded propaganda sites paid to oppose Trump.

In otherwards, you need to make up a conspiracy to wash away facts that create too much cognitive dissonance for you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2016, 04:15:42 pm »
This crap and the unhinged press conference this morning by Il Douche should confirm for all of you that the real enemy Trump and his minions hate and are at war with is Conservatives who will not bend the knee.

It's not Hillary they seek to defeat and destroy.

It's you and me and every Conservative who has not surrendered his principles to a fascist.

I can't think of a better way to say it.

Someone is here this morning claiming Cruz compares to Nelson Rockefeller. In Trump we have Nelson Rockefeller crossed with Hugo Chavez  & Don Rickles.

geronl

« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2016, 04:19:15 pm »
even today, instead of rallying the base and making a distinction between himself and Hillary (despite having the same stands on the issues) he goes out and attack Ted Cruz with the insanity of the JFK assassination again. He is really attacking conservatives when he does this.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2016, 04:23:12 pm »
he goes out and attack Ted Cruz with the insanity of the JFK assassination again.

Really? When did he do that? I thought that was a one off thing?

geronl

« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2016, 04:28:30 pm »
"It's morning. Day after the end of the convention. Get up and stretch, put on my running shoes... got to rally the base, rev up the party and build on my nomination! Today is the big day where I set the tone for the whole campaign. I must set forth the big issues that divide me from my opponent. Now I will bring this party together!!

I really hate that guy, Ted Cruz! His dad killed JFK you know!"

Mega Face Palm!

geronl

« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2016, 04:29:16 pm »
Really? When did he do that? I thought that was a one off thing?

He's still doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSnHum7ybeQ

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2016, 04:35:57 pm »

I take it you didn't watch the filibuster. I did, darn near all of it. That was the closest anybody ever got to ending Obamacare, but the rest of the party threw Cruz and Lee to the wolves instead. Ted Cruz read the Dr. Seuss story because he wasn't going to be home to read to his two little girls that night and he still managed to use the story to get his point across when he was done reading to them. As a father of two little girls myself I found it touching.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2016, 06:33:34 pm »

He's still doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSnHum7ybeQ

I wonder how Mike Pence feels right about now?
Unbelievable!

Offline JustPassinThru

« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2016, 01:01:16 am »
I wonder how Mike Pence feels right about now?
Unbelievable!

Probably about the way Sarah Palin felt when watching Johnny McQueeg self-destruct.

He's probably salving himself, though, in thinking that if/when this NeYawk buffoon self-destructs, he's in a position to lead the party to a better place.  And that's not an unreasonable view.

SHOULD this horse's @ss actually get elected, I expect he'll have us in an international crisis and/or war inside of months. Odds are it's coming anyway; he'll exacerbate things.  Impeachment may be his final reward.

It will be good, then, to have Pence there.  And it will be sweet justice to have Cruz in the Senate - in a position to cast a vote, perhaps a critical vote, perhaps some persuasion before the vote...would that not be sweet?  Payback for this demagogic savaging of the man...