Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20  (Read 38092 times)

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - WEDNESDAY, JULY 20
« Reply #250 on: July 20, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
Here is how I feel, to quote Captain America:
Doesn't matter what the press says, doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say.  Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.  This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.  When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world:  NO, you move.
:amen:

Offline Resp3

« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2016, 07:56:15 pm »
I'm gonna call you on that.  Besides being fussed at by a fellow poster, what are the consequences/results of your saying that?  NONE!

It's not a damn thing like TOS, and I'm getting tired of the whingeing.  Say whatever you want to say, and as long as it's not a personal insult or racist, it's fine.  I don't know about TOT (that other thread) but there do seem to be some issues there.  One thread out of thousands!

Touchy, aren't you? Well I'll forgive your ignorance about that TOT. But I was there. I saw it. And JimRob himself would have been proud of that obscene rant.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00:26 pm »

Maybe, maybe not. Has he changed? Possibly.

With Hillary Clinton, there'd be no doubt what we'd get.
Constitution over.

That's thin gruel, but it's all we've got.

July 5 was my tipping point..... who shall be my Marine son's CINC?

HRC - known known
DT - known unknown.

Thinnest of gruel. But, it's gotta be Trump.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2016, 08:00:34 pm »
Do you not yet understand that people are different from each other?  If you are that bothered by personal differences, just put me on IGNORE.  I'm speaking my mind.  I'm serious.  And I'm completely 'together.'

It's not "melodrama" (though the word does come from "melody," which I like), when it's a real expression of a real situation.
And @musiclady , you are NOT alone. 034

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #254 on: July 20, 2016, 08:03:32 pm »
Thank you, sir!

Ted's basic message is to unite the party behind liberty and hard working Americans.

And he does not know what the future will hold...
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #255 on: July 20, 2016, 08:06:10 pm »

HRC - known known
DT - known unknown.

You apparently watched the same television coverage that I did.

Silver Pines

« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2016, 08:09:12 pm »
LOL.  I just noticed Cruz wasn't listed on the schedule.  Wondered if he got bumped or not on during prime time?

@RoosGirl, Cruz speaks at 8:45 tonight, according to Steve Deace's twitter.

@Sanguine
@Victoria33
@Cripplecreek

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2016, 08:10:45 pm »
Looks like the Mods finally found the janitor with the keys.

We're, "Above the Fold," again!  :beer:

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #258 on: July 20, 2016, 08:10:56 pm »

HRC - known known
DT - known unknown.

That's the bottom line for me, too.  But I answered it the other way.  Trump is erratic, mercurial, vindictive, narcissistic, megalomaniacal and unwilling to take counsel other his own.   IMO, that's a recipe for disaster for a CIC empowered to put our soldiers in harm's way.   

I'd prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't, especially when the devil I don't know is as erratic as Trump.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #259 on: July 20, 2016, 08:11:21 pm »
Touchy, aren't you? Well I'll forgive your ignorance about that TOT. But I was there. I saw it. And JimRob himself would have been proud of that obscene rant.

Oh, I saw it.  And agree that it was way out of line.  But, that was one person on one thread and an aberration. 

Sorry, I shouldn't have picked on you - you were just expressing what others had already  expressed.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2016, 08:12:39 pm »
It's all of Trumpistan. There is no desire, no attempt to build bridges, reach out or give us a reason to support Trump. They keep stomping on us and our values, they did it at the convention too. They do not want us or our votes. It's as plain as day.
And interesting the number of people on this thread as compared to the official thread. Sure there are a number of us here who came from TOS where we weren't allowed any dissent. Why should we participate in a thread here that has the same rules?
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #261 on: July 20, 2016, 08:13:29 pm »
I would like to propose a metaphor to describe the current state of the GOP:

Ten friends decide they want to go out for dinner. Four of the friends say, "Let's get seafood!" Some of the other friends object and the friends admit, "Well, I'd be satisfied with Mexican food, but I really want seafood!"

Three of the friends say, "I can't eat seafood. It makes me physically ill. I'm 'never seafood.' How about Italian? They might have some seafood type dishes there..."

"Wait," says a few friends, "If those four are OK with Mexican, maybe we should just do that?"

Finally the friends say, "Let's put it to a vote. We'll go to whatever restaurant gets the most votes."

"Well, OK guys, but let me remind you: we three won't eat seafood, it makes us physically ill."

The vote is cast.

4 for seafood
3 for Italian
3 for Mexican

"Great!" exclaim the seafood proponents. "Seafood it is!" They and three others agree that the rules were set, and they are going to the seafood restaurant.

"Well," say the three who hate seafood,  "we're hungry too, so we are going to the Italian restaurant. See you later."

The seafood crowd goes apoplectic. "You're anti-democracy! We agreed to take a vote! You have to eat seafood! *You* are breaking up our outing! We hate you! Go to hell!"
:thumbsup: EXACTLY!!

Silver Pines

« Reply #262 on: July 20, 2016, 08:14:36 pm »
Pro-Trump posters have offered to engage in a conversation about the importance of voting and how not proactively voting for the Republican ticket can ultimately help elect she who shall not be named. 

@Right_in_Virginia

I love it that you're finally admitting you really do need our votes, after all.  Back when you and your candidate dismissed the concept, some of us always knew you'd change your tune.

But you're out of luck, because you'll never get mine.  And don't presume to lecture me on the "importance of voting" for a progressive Hillary donor, because it's ridiculous on its face.

Have fun!

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #263 on: July 20, 2016, 08:16:23 pm »
You apparently watched the same television coverage that I did.

James Comey's "However" about took my breath away.

Offline L9teen

• Am I here?
« Reply #264 on: July 20, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

https://www.facebook.com/cnn/videos/10155058467416509/
South Dakota delegate facepalms as his state announces its votes for Trump.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #265 on: July 20, 2016, 08:17:01 pm »
Nevermind
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:23:06 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #266 on: July 20, 2016, 08:17:54 pm »
Both hideous and unfit. 

Democrats have already won with a "heads I win, tails you lose" election cycle.  So far all the Orange Slanderer has done is give even more power to the corrupt RNC.

Hello Ghost, I am glad to see that you are faring well!

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #267 on: July 20, 2016, 08:19:54 pm »

HRC - known known
DT - known unknown.

Maybe I can just vote for Pence.  He's a decent enough man.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #268 on: July 20, 2016, 08:22:20 pm »
James Comey's "However" about took my breath away.

Practical and pragmatic men and women saw the stakes laid out starkly.  None of us are guaranteed a "best" choice in any aspect of life, sometimes we have to play the hand that is dealt.  (Prayers for your valiant son, always.)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2016, 08:22:52 pm »
That's the bottom line for me, too.  But I answered it the other way.  Trump is erratic, mercurial, vindictive, narcissistic, megalomaniacal and unwilling to take counsel other his own.   IMO, that's a recipe for disaster for a CIC empowered to put our soldiers in harm's way.   

I'd prefer the devil I know to the devil I don't, especially when the devil I don't know is as erratic as Trump.

Trump is a dangerous, erratic and immature man who doesn't take responsibility for anything. That makes him at least as much of a threat as anything Obama/Clinton can throw at us. Even worse is the fact tat he doesn't seem capable of learning from his mistakes.

Clinton as a criminal who belongs in prison for Benghazi but she does learn from her mistakes and won't let that one happen again.

As far as Clinton going to prison, chances of that evaporated when Trump snuggled up to the GOP establishment. There is some guilt one the GOPe for being involved in that mess and Clinton going down would take some big name republicans with her. Ted Cruz was the only one I heard pointing to responsibility for Libya on both sides of the aisle and he said his AG pic would be directed to pursue the truth and prosecution on both sides of the aisle if that's where it belonged.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #270 on: July 20, 2016, 08:25:57 pm »
Practical and pragmatic men and women saw the stakes laid out starkly.  None of us are guaranteed a "best" choice in any aspect of life, sometimes we have to play the hand that is dealt.  (Prayers for your valiant son, always.)

katz!  Greetings!
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Silver Pines

« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2016, 08:27:07 pm »

I could get with that reasoning if someone were holding a gun to my head in the voting booth.  But as it is, I don't "have" to do anything and no hand was dealt to me.I have free will, and no one owns my vote.  It must be earned. 

If I were to vote for Clinton or Trump, it would be hard to live with myself.   Rejecting both of those disasters is the only acceptable option for me.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2016, 08:29:22 pm »
katz!  Greetings!

Tip of my cap to you, hoping that all is well in your little patch of America!   :patriot:

geronl

« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2016, 08:29:57 pm »

If I were to vote for Clinton or Trump, it would be hard to live with myself.   Rejecting both of those disasters is the only acceptable option for me.

:amen:

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2016, 08:32:12 pm »
I could get with that reasoning if someone were holding a gun to my head in the voting booth.  But as it is, I don't "have" to do anything and no hand was dealt to me.I have free will, and no one owns my vote.  It must be earned. 

There are many days between now and November 8th....  God only knows what we will all observe and learn...  voting YOUR conscience is the only acceptable action, from how I see it.