Author Topic: How the media is perpetuating public’s fear of veterans  (Read 481 times)

rangerrebew

How the media is perpetuating public’s fear of veterans
« on: July 20, 2016, 11:38:12 am »
How the media is perpetuating public’s fear of veterans
By Andy Wolf|July 19th, 2016|Popular|2 Comments

In the cold aftermath of two major ambushes that resulted in slain police, a new trend is developing that highlights the military backgrounds of the offenders, rather than the ideologies.

The mainstream media’s lexicon that traditionally blames shootings on inanimate objects -such as firearms- has been expanded, reflecting on the “military focus” and “military-like precision” of the gunmen, highlighting their “elite military training.”

In short, it would appear that veterans may be the new “threat of the week”- and the media is going to make it a point to potentially sway public opinion.

http://popularmilitary.com/media-perpetuating-publics-fear-veterans/

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:39:12 am by rangerrebew »

Offline montanajoe

Re: How the media is perpetuating public’s fear of veterans
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:46:23 pm »
They have been doing the same thing since Vietnam although it sank below the surface for awhile. These pinheads think that demonizing the soldier will make war go away.....

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 07:54:28 pm »
They have been doing the same thing since Vietnam although it sank below the surface for awhile. These pinheads think that demonizing the soldier will make war go away.....

I think we can agree the media is a leftist mouthpiece and has been since before the Civil War.  I have said this before and I'll say it now - the hatred of liberals for the military originated after the Civil War.  The northern military had defeated the "invincible" Robert E. Lee then enforced reconstruction and were roundly hated for the destruction of the southern way of life and it's "unusual" institution. - slavery  I believe the hatred the south had for the military has become just part of the "tradition" of liberalism and nobody on the left could actually say where it came from.  In my opinion, that is the only logical place it could have started.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 09:18:57 pm »
Interesting point, I'll have to think about it as I'm not sure if the origin is regional although I do agree that it seemed to originate in the civil war era. I've always thought it was more attributable to the draft which Lincoln first instituted during the Civil War. My experience during the Vietnam Era was that opposition to the draft morphed into opposition to the war which morphed into hatred of those of us in uniform because we dared serve...