Author Topic: Exclusive: Trump could seek new law to purge government of Obama appointees  (Read 504 times)

rangerrebew

Politics | Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:21am EDT
Related: Election 2016, Politics
Exclusive: Trump could seek new law to purge government of Obama appointees
CLEVELAND | By Emily Flitter

Reuters/Mike Segar

If he wins the presidency, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump would seek to purge the federal government of officials appointed by Democratic President Barack Obama and could ask Congress to pass legislation making it easier to fire public workers, Trump ally, Chris Christie, said on Tuesday.

Christie, who is governor of New Jersey and leads Trump's White House transition team, said the campaign was drawing up a list of federal government employees to fire if Trump defeats Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people,” Christie told a closed-door meeting with dozens of donors at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, according to an audio recording obtained by Reuters and two participants in the meeting.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-purge-exclusive-idUSKCN10003A

READ MORE
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:14:29 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"If he wins the presidency, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump would seek to purge the federal government of officials appointed by Democratic President Barack Obama and could ask Congress to pass legislation making it easier to fire public workers, Trump ally, Chris Christie, said on Tuesday."

Sounds good to me.

(And I expect to see responses to the effect, "wait until the shoe is turned and the next leftist seeks to fire conservative public workers!")

Let's have a governmental purge with every election.
Let the chips fall where they may.

If we could only do this with CongressCritters!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In the late 70s my father was friends with Howard Jarvis, co-author of Prop. 13 for property taxes, in California.

My Jarvis was not a politician, but instead an older successful businessman. He had watched government grow bigger and more costly, mainly by inertia and lack of constraints.

One thing he told my father, was how career government employees become entrenched, beyond the means for elected representatives to touch.

An example given was that the President had direct power over fewer than 1,000 political appointments.  Soon Reagan was elected, in keeping with the taxpayer movement of the 1970s, which Jarvis led.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LadyLiberty

Christie, who is governor of New Jersey and leads Trump's White House transition team, said the campaign was drawing up a list of federal government employees to fire if Trump defeats Democratic rival Hillary Clinton in the Nov. 8 presidential election.

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people,”

If it weren't from Reuters, I would think I was reading satire.

geronl

Donald Erdogan Trump

Bring on the gulags!

NeverTrumps against the wall!!

Full on fascism!

Offline Mod1

Donald Erdogan Trump

Bring on the gulags!

NeverTrumps against the wall!!

Full on fascism!

Read and heed pm just sent

edit: Never mind. That was a bit over the top from me. (Mods are getting slammed)

Carry on
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:39:08 pm by Mod1 »

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
I am of the firm belief that this is long overdue...

How it's implemented is another story altogether...

But I'm not holding my breath...there's just so much to overcome when trying to put the beast on a diet, let alone slay it.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.