Author Topic: Texas Delegate Reveals What Chair Told Them About Rules Vote #RNCinCLE  (Read 1313 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Mechanicos

Not enough States supported it for it to be considered.  Its over. Anti's lost again.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Not enough States supported it for it to be considered.  Its over. Anti's lost again.

That seems to be a matter of controversy, which you obviously want to sweep under the rug with chants of 'We Won'.

Sounds kind of like the Establishment does it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

That seems to be a matter of controversy, which you obviously want to sweep under the rug with chants of 'We Won'.

Sounds kind of like the Establishment does it.

And to the cheers of 'we won' it actually gave the establishment permanent rule making authority over the delegates and stripped the delegates and grassroots of a lot of power. It had only a little to do with the 'free the delegates movements', the rules changes mostly were a power grab by the establishment.

--and some think that was a victory.

geronl

Dan Patrick is a toady

Wingnut

"You know what I think. I think you should go home to Greenbow, Alabama!"  - Melania Trump

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
And to the cheers of 'we won' it actually gave the establishment permanent rule making authority over the delegates and stripped the delegates and grassroots of a lot of power. It had only a little to do with the 'free the delegates movements', the rules changes mostly were a power grab by the establishment.

--and some think that was a victory.

Stripping the grassroots and delegates of power is a loss for this country and ultimately has destroyed any chance of saving this country.  I'm trying to figure out how those who proclaim Trump to be anti-establishment aren't seeing the big picture as to what happened.  Not a victory but a travesty.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Considering how many times Trump called the system rigged, you and candidate have cornered the market on hypocrisy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline r9etb

Stripping the grassroots and delegates of power is a loss for this country and ultimately has destroyed any chance of saving this country.  I'm trying to figure out how those who proclaim Trump to be anti-establishment aren't seeing the big picture as to what happened.  Not a victory but a travesty.

This isn't anything new, though... I've heard tales of the same sort from back in the days when conservatives and Rockefeller Republicans were fighting it out. 

Still, good ol' Donald is pretty much the death of the GOP, and I guess that's probably a good thing.

geronl

Considering how many times Trump called the system rigged, you and candidate have cornered the market on hypocrisy.

Ask not if the system is rigged, for it is rigged for thee

- Melania Trump

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This isn't anything new, though... I've heard tales of the same sort from back in the days when conservatives and Rockefeller Republicans were fighting it out. 

Still, good ol' Donald is pretty much the death of the GOP, and I guess that's probably a good thing.

That is what some said about Goldwater, and about Reagan.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mechanicos

The grass roots are the voters who voted for Trump by a larger amount than any GOP candidate in Primary history. The antis are not grass roots, never were. How could it be when its led and funded by the open borders cartel?

"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Well, no reason to support Dan Patrick for reelection, that's good to know.
Let it burn.

Offline ABX

The grass roots are the voters who voted for Trump by a larger amount than any GOP candidate in Primary history. The antis are not grass roots, never were. How could it be when its led and funded by the open borders cartel?

And yet, there was a larger group of voters in the Republican primary- voters who voted for a candidate other than Trump.
~13 Million votes for Trump
~15 Million votes for candidates other than Trump.

The latter also deserves a voice-- especially as it is a larger group of voters. It isn't just about the last man standing game.

Offline Mechanicos

And yet, there was a larger group of voters in the Republican primary- voters who voted for a candidate other than Trump.
~13 Million votes for Trump
~15 Million votes for candidates other than Trump.

The latter also deserves a voice-- especially as it is a larger group of voters. It isn't just about the last man standing game.
And yet it was a 17 way race and this argument flips back to say 75% voted against your guy. So obviously the Cruz people on the convention floor doing this are not representing grass roots.

Offline rodamala

I used to feel my IQ drop a few points every time I read something on TOS posted by Harleylady, or GreetingsPunyHumans, so I came here to escape it.

So much for that.

Offline Mechanicos

I used to feel my IQ drop a few points every time I read something on TOS posted by Harleylady, or GreetingsPunyHumans, so I came here to escape it.

So much for that.
Flipping the stupid argument that assumes voters who voted for another candidate voted against the candidate who won; about 75% of voters voted against Cruz, so no way in hell could Cruz supporters be labeled grass roots when 3/4's of GOP voters voted against him.

Offline rodamala

Flipping the stupid argument that assumes voters who voted for another candidate voted against the candidate who won; about 75% of voters voted against Cruz, so no way in hell could Cruz supporters be labeled grass roots when 3/4's of GOP voters voted against him.

I don't give a rat's ass how many Democrat voters Trump wooed via his reality TV shitshow of a campaign.  They are still Democrats, and I will only vote for constitutional originalist limited-government conservatives... which Loser Donald is not even close to being in that group.

Offline Mechanicos

I don't give a rat's ass how many Democrat voters Trump wooed via his reality TV shitshow of a campaign.  They are still Democrats, and I will only vote for constitutional originalist limited-government conservatives... which Loser Donald is not even close to being in that group.
Trump won closed GOP primaries by about the same amounts. Yes there are Democrats who cannot stand Hilary and are for America First.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean

That's pretty much exactly the opposite of the truth.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Mechanicos

That's pretty much exactly the opposite of the truth.
So the fact the so called grass roots you claim had 75 percent of all GOP voters vote against them and could muster no more then 10 percent of delegates at the convention while having its leaders being open border Mormons and RINOS rebuts your claim.

Facts are not your friend.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
So the fact the so called grass roots you claim had 75 percent of all GOP voters vote against them and could muster no more then 10 percent of delegates at the convention while having its leaders being open border Mormons and RINOS rebuts your claim.

Facts are not your friend.

Oh son, I doubt very much that you'd recognize a fact if one slapped you across the face.  You certainly aren't demonstrating any such ability with your constant delusional posts here.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump won closed GOP primaries by about the same amounts. Yes there are Democrats who cannot stand Hilary and are for America First.
Because liberal northeastern states were where all the closed primaries are. Places like Trump's state of New York, where state legislators are hauled off in paddy wagons on a regular basis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

Ask not if the system is rigged, for it is rigged for thee

- Melania Trump

“Rig all the rules votes you want, if you can rig ’em, but remember it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”

- Melania Trump
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:29:43 pm by skeeter »