Author Topic: John Kasich turned down VP slot from Trump  (Read 753 times)

Wingnut

John Kasich turned down VP slot from Trump
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:57:11 pm »

(CNN)Donald Trump's son tried to entice John Kasich with a position as the most powerful vice president in history, but he turned it down, multiple sources close to the Ohio governor told CNN Wednesday.

Kasich would have been in charge of all domestic and foreign policy in a Trump White House, Kasich sources said.
But it also is the clearest sign yet that the animosity between both the Kasich and Trump campaigns will likely continue, unhindered as Donald Trump delivers his biggest speech yet Thursday.
Trump denied ever personally asking Kasich to be his running mate in a tweet.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-vice-president/

geronl

Re: John Kasich turned down VP slot from Trump
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 10:02:42 pm »
This explains all the robotic anti-Kasich hate.

Not surprised Trump would ask the most liberal other candidate in the race

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 10:20:36 pm »
So basically Trump doesn't want to do the work of being President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 10:22:08 pm »
I do not believe a word of this. Hell, I could say that Trump tried to 'entice' me multiple times to be the Vice President. Who can tell if I am making it up? Again, I do not believe this is an accurate report. It is a CNN fantasy piece.

This is simply Kasich's way of attempting to salvage any dignity at all after receiving one single vote at the convention. Trump would have nothing to do with him. Kasich is like the jilted girlfriend who insists that she is one who wanted to break-up. He still wanted me, but I said no.

He's a loser. And I do not believe that Trump would offer him a dog-catcher position, much less anything else.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 10:33:38 pm »

Source CNN, and unnamed sources.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 10:50:14 pm »
I do not believe a word of this. Hell, I could say that Trump tried to 'entice' me multiple times to be the Vice President. Who can tell if I am making it up? Again, I do not believe this is an accurate report. It is a CNN fantasy piece.

This is simply Kasich's way of attempting to salvage any dignity at all after receiving one single vote at the convention. Trump would have nothing to do with him. Kasich is like the jilted girlfriend who insists that she is one who wanted to break-up. He still wanted me, but I said no.

He's a loser. And I do not believe that Trump would offer him a dog-catcher position, much less anything else.

Kasich's got plenty of dignity.  He's standing up to Trump while Trump is in HIS state.

Trump needs Kasich, so I can believe he offered the VP job to him.  Without Ohio, Trump's cooked, and Kasich controls the political infrastructure in the state.  If he was insignificant, Trump's consigliere wouldn't have been out on the first day of the Convention running him down. 

At some point, Trump is going to have to come crawling to Kasich.  You may not hear about it, but he will do it.

The author of the NY Magazine piece was just on MSNBC and said he sent three emails to Trump Jr giving him a chance to respond to the article.  He never heard from him.

I have no doubt this is true.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 10:50:35 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:00 pm »

Attack the messenger. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 10:53:46 pm »

And yef you believed and continue to believe lies printed in a tabloid gossip rag about Cruz.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 11:01:00 pm »
And yef you believed and continue to believe lies printed in a tabloid gossip rag about Cruz.

You have me mistaken for somebody else.  I haven't posted any "lies" about Cruz, tabloid or otherwise.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 11:06:11 pm »

I can tell you that he did approach me.

It was a fairly long conversation, spread over many days.

In the end, I too, ended up turning him down.

Trump had a few firm positions that I could not accept.  I will list a few:

1.  He said that he would need to attract a substantial segment of the so called "middle" to win a national election in 2016.  To that end, he said that he would not be bending over in his rhetoric to what he termed the "farthest right of the right."

2.  He told me that he planned to talk directly to the people of the nation.  He would forego the usual speechwriters and consultants that wanted to pour over each word of his public addresses.  He said that he planned to speak in everyday, common English that pipe-fitters, nurses, cab drivers, and the like could easily relate to.  (He felt strongly that the soaring campaign conservative rhetoric of the past few cycles fell on deaf ears, that people tuned out that type of message before the speaker got past "Hello South Carolina!")

3.  He indicated that he would be bold, that he would stake out positions early on that would not only disarm the usual attacks of the Democrats and media (yes, he was redundant), but also may temporarily alienate some of the tried and true GOP base.  He said that he would clearly state that he is against abortion, while speaking out in favor of "women's health" issues and even suggest that PP "did some good work" (even though he knew that the non-abortion business is a small fraction of their billings).  He let slip to me in an unguarded moment how he would relish signing the first set of funding bills that completely eliminated any funding for PP; and at the same time shared (again) about how his personal experience with friends that parented a child that society would have overwhelmingly aborted, completely turned about his personal views on this national scourge.

He even suggested that his campaign would attempt to slip in a "good word" here and there about the 0bamas!  (What a dunce!!)

4.  He said that he would hold rallies in large venues all across the nation, not only during the primaries, but through the general election.  He plans to speak directly to the people at each event, welcoming up on to the stage many of the groups that assemble to cheer him heartily with homemade signs: Hispanics for Trump, Gay Men for Trump, Bikers for Trump, Veterans for Trump, Women for Trump, and the like...  I sighed.

5.  He confided in me that above all else, he understood that in order to begin to halt the decline that he has sadly watched for decades, he had to do and say all that he could to actually WIN the election.  (Imagine the audacity of a plebe that thinks that actually WINNING is more important than lofty speech and rhetoric that hold true to PRINICIPLES!)

Needless to say friends, I turned him down cold.  I told him that his strategy was a sure loser, that he would be lucky to not be forced out after Wisconsin voted.  I am not ashamed to say that my judgements about this New Yorker proved to be spot on, I am sure that Mike Pence wishes that he had the same wisdom and foresight that I have!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 11:10:08 pm »
The author of the NY Magazine piece was just on MSNBC and said he sent three emails to Trump Jr giving him a chance to respond to the article.  He never heard from him.

Of course he never heard from him. Because it never happened. If I sent an email asking the Trump campaign to respond to thousands of articles claiming Trump is the leader of an alien invasion from outer space, do you think they would respond? Just because something is written somewhere does not make it true. Especially if it is written by groups who have already said many times and very loudly that they will do anything possible to stop Trump.

I respect what you are saying, but at this point it is Kasich who needs Trump, not the other way around. You (and others) look at it as if Kasich is disrespecting Trump. I view it as it being Kasich who was humiliated in the election by the people, and now Trump is making a mockery of him in his own home. That's gotta hurt.

Kasich will not be a part of Trump's convention. Kasich will not be a part of the next government, no matter who win. He may manage to hang on in Ohio, but I doubt it. He's done.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:34 pm »
John Kasich was never asked by me to be V.P. Just arrived in Cleveland - will be a great two days!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 11:33:01 pm »
John Kasich was never asked by me to be V.P. Just arrived in Cleveland - will be a great two days!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

xxxxxxxxx please. .. do us aa favor and lose the font size increases

MOD 3:  Wrong.  Cut it out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:47:17 pm by MOD3 »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 11:49:05 pm »
He's still stickin'.   I guess we'll see about Cruz tonight.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 02:25:55 am »
katzenjammer wrote:
"I can tell you that he did approach me.
It was a fairly long conversation, spread over many days.
In the end, I too, ended up turning him down."

Heheh.
Fine post!