Author Topic: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19  (Read 28490 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: OPEN LIVE CONVENTION THREAD - TUESDAY, JULY 19
« Reply #525 on: July 19, 2016, 11:56:37 pm »
So you plan on censoring me?

Wrong thread, this isn't the censored thread, this is the free to express opinion thread.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #526 on: July 19, 2016, 11:56:58 pm »
I'm sure I'm well younger than you, but I completely agree. I started cynical in the past decade more and more. Maybe it was because I was so involved in politics early on (my grandfather worked for Reagan and my family has always been involved with the Republican party) at 18, the first election I could vote was the first election to get out, knock on doors, and volunteer in call centers. In my first election, 1992, I stood at the front row of a Bill Clinton rally wearing a Bush/Quayle T-Shirt for the cameras (I was a rebellious little bugger). I was an alternate delegate in 2000 and 04 and even got a media pass in 04 to photograph for the State party.

But all that made my cynical as I saw how it worked. To me, Trump is the culmination of this- it is the manipulation of the masses to give the government more and more power. It is all big business and no matter how much he sold himself as an outsider, I see him like the T-Mobile CEO pretending to be a rebel with his pink shirts but he is just the same-old-same-old under that. Trump saw a trend and he got in front of it but he can't be trusted to do anything he says because he has shown his word means nothing.

Worse, I see this as a big step towards an authoritarian Republican party that cares more about using the hammer of the government to force their way than to actually limit government and maximize individual freedom. When some say there is no difference in the parties, while in many ways they are wrong, on the important matter of the power of the State, they is very little difference-- the policies may be different but the direction is the same- more government less liberty.

I still watch all of this out of the pure sport of the matter, but the party has lost me as a volunteer, donor, and fighter for them.

---that's my rant, go have some coffee now after reading my boring rant--

goopo

We are not alone.  Though each of our experiences is slightly different, and our ages as well, we are all experiencing the same grief and loss of something we once cared about.

The Trump gloaters really need to think about the quality of people they are just throwing into the garbage can.  We're not going to be replaced by bozos who are in love with a fascist-wannabe and hate everyone who isn't white.

They're not going to be able to get the job done, and they don't care.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #527 on: July 19, 2016, 11:57:15 pm »
Congrats to the Trumpsters.

I was 100% wrong when I wrote here last year that he was on a vanity mission and wouldn't last.

Now, let's go beat Hillary!

Go to hell.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #528 on: July 19, 2016, 11:57:37 pm »
I usually agree with you, Arne, but not this time.

Trump isn't going to beat Hillary because his entire purpose was to get her elected.  He sucked all the air out of the room when we had a lot of good Conservative choices and some honorable people to choose from.  The media (leftist, of course) aided and abetted him because it's their dream to have Hillary back in the WH, and enough foolish people fell for his lies and now we are losing our party to a liberal, corrupt, vile Democrat, and there's no way I'd congratulate him on this pseudo-victory.

He's going to keep fouling up on purpose and giving the left ammunition so his buddies Bill and Hillary can regain power.

This is a tragic moment in time.  The Republican party now stands for NOTHING.  There's not a thing left to support in the party I once was proud to be a member of.

Sad days.......

I wish there was a LIKE button! 

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #529 on: July 19, 2016, 11:57:39 pm »
There are people and States calling for an Article V Convention.

If this doesn't scare them out of that notion, nothing will.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #530 on: July 19, 2016, 11:58:40 pm »

Nope. But I'll  hassle the hell out of you.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #531 on: July 19, 2016, 11:59:00 pm »

You know, I've never put you on ignore because I had hope you'd turn back into a decent person, but I'm beginning to lose hope.

You're just acting like a jerk.  No one is going to censor you because YOU are the one who demands censorship.

Somewhere deep down inside you know the truth, and it has to be burning a hole in you that you're denying it.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #532 on: July 19, 2016, 11:59:50 pm »
I feel sorry for all the delegates who got involved thinking they would be able to make a difference, put in hard work, raised money or spent their own and took vacation time for as trip to Cleveland to be delegates only to learn that they have zero input or impact on the outcome and their votes aren't even their own.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #533 on: July 20, 2016, 12:00:29 am »
You can't have it both ways. You complained about being censored on the other thread so you started this one, this "open" thread...

Just don't attack other posters OK?  There's a thread for gloating that's wide open and about 100 posts behind this one. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #534 on: July 20, 2016, 12:00:46 am »
I wish there was a LIKE button!

That worked!   :patriot:

Offline Eowyn

« Reply #535 on: July 20, 2016, 12:00:57 am »
Exactly. They made a huge deal about the rules and not changing from what they were bound yet they did it anyway for the WWE like show and symbolism. It shows the rule fight they made was just for show.

It shows that they were lying about what the fight was about (which we knew).  I wasn't about delegates.  It was about crushing the grassroots and keeping GOP-e favoring primaries as is.

Online libertybele

« Reply #536 on: July 20, 2016, 12:01:03 am »
I understand your points and part of me feels the same way.  But I'm not ready to give up completely.  We said the same thing in 2008 and in 2012 about no future elections. 

But yes...the GOP like a crime mob; they're expert at fixing things.  It IS becoming harder and harder for our votes to count.

IMHO whether Clinton is elected or Trump is elected the outcome will be the same.  The Constitution doesn't matter to either one of them, they will tilt the Supreme Court to the left.  Our borders will remain open, ISIS will be rampant in our country due to mass Muslim immigration, amnesty will be granted to illegals giving the liberals/DEM millions more in voting power.  The 2nd amendment will no longer be relevant, giving the masses no way to defend themselves against a tyranyst government.  The primary process has proven to be irrelevant and grossly corrupt.  The GOP just died.  2020 will be a repeat of what we just witnessed at best.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Eowyn

« Reply #537 on: July 20, 2016, 12:01:47 am »
It shows the fight wasn't about delegates (which we knew).   It was about crushing the grassroots and keeping GOP-e favoring primary rules as is.

Offline ABX

« Reply #538 on: July 20, 2016, 12:01:51 am »
At least 3 other States are due contested counts if they are so willing (I can't remember them, but go back up thread to see which ones as they were called). Alaska wasn't the only one who had their delegates misallocated. Utah did as well that I remember.

Let's see if they file a formal contest like Alaska did. If anything, it will be a nice exposure of how this works.

geronl

« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2016, 12:01:57 am »
There are people and States calling for an Article V Convention.

If this doesn't scare them out of that notion, nothing will.

:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #540 on: July 20, 2016, 12:02:08 am »
Go to hell.

Let's not start that stuff.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #541 on: July 20, 2016, 12:02:13 am »
Trump delegates surrounding Alaska delegation chanting.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #542 on: July 20, 2016, 12:02:54 am »
Well this place will be a foul mood for the rest of the week I take it?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #543 on: July 20, 2016, 12:04:08 am »
Let's not start that stuff.

I don't care anymore.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #544 on: July 20, 2016, 12:04:32 am »
At least 3 other States are due contested counts if they are so willing (I can't remember them, but go back up thread to see which ones as they were called). Alaska wasn't the only one who had their delegates misallocated. Utah did as well that I remember.

Let's see if they file a formal contest like Alaska did. If anything, it will be a nice exposure of how this works.

I think Iowa was miscounted as well.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline ABX

« Reply #545 on: July 20, 2016, 12:04:54 am »
It shows that they were lying about what the fight was about (which we knew).  I wasn't about delegates.  It was about crushing the grassroots and keeping GOP-e favoring primaries as is.

Exactly, and let's say that Trump wins, he has already promised to compromise and deal so this is like the DC establishment pulling the 'see what happens when you rise up, we will rule either way...'.

A good reminder, William F Buckley warned us EXACTLY about this all the way back in 2000, even saying it would be Trump, even saying what theme he would use, and predicting it would destroy the Republican party as we know it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/430187/william-f-buckley-donald-trump-demagoguery-cigar-aficionado

We are seeing that 2000 prediction play out in front of our eyes.

Online libertybele

« Reply #546 on: July 20, 2016, 12:07:17 am »

It was a clear message to conservative grassroots activists.  Regardless of what we do, it is the establishment with all of their power and money that will prevail.  The Washington cartel is so powerful and so corrupt that they will NOT be fractured; not even for a moment.  The electoral process is nothing but a joke.  I believe we are no longer a democracy within a Republic.  We have become a banana republic.

As Cruz pointed out; those who bolstered Trump will bear that responsibility going forward.  No truer words were ever spoken. 

#NeverTrump
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

« Reply #547 on: July 20, 2016, 12:07:43 am »
Lather, Rinse Prebius, and Repeat.

Offline ABX

« Reply #548 on: July 20, 2016, 12:09:05 am »
Wow, see what they did there.

Ryan refused to allow any other candidates names to be put into nomination
>
that caused reallocation of delegates from several states to go to Trump even though they were bound for other candidates.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2016, 12:09:12 am »