Author Topic: Hyde Park (London, England) stabbings: How Instagram link-up descended into cries of 'Black Lives Matter' and 'f*** the police'  (Read 193 times)

Online mountaineer

Hyde Park stabbings: How Instagram link-up descended into cries of 'Black Lives Matter' and 'f*** the police'
Three people were stabbed - including one police officer - as tempers boiled over on hottest day of the year.
    By Lewis Dean
    July 20, 2016 12:25 BST
International Business Times
The mood at Hyde Park on Tuesday night (19 July) started as a happy one. It was the hottest day of the year and hundreds of youths had gathered in the central London park after responding to 'link-up' adverts on Instagram.

Dozens of mobile speakers were set up on the grass and playlists were being blasted into the balmy summer air.
Why advertise with us

"It was positive," one of the revellers told IBTimes UK. "Young adults and teenagers running around together. Playing music through speakers, playing games, spraying water pistols and sitting on the grass in groups."

However, by the time dusk fell three people – including one police officer – had been stabbed, bottles were launched and cries of "Black Lives Matter" and "f*** the police" erupted. A nearby McDonalds in Marble Arch had also reportedly been looted .

How did a serene summer evening descend into violent chaos?   ...
**nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

The worst of U.S. culture is becoming popular in England, apparently.
Hottest night of the year sparks 12 hours of violent flares in London: Police locked in tense stand offs with gangs of teenagers as four youths are knifed and five police are injured

Five people - including a police officer - stabbed last night in London at three different events across the capital
    Around 4,000 youths descended on Hyde Park for water fight and 'bashment' music festival but event turned violent
    Five officers injured after they tried moving people on and seizing sound equipment, causing fighting to break out
    Two revellers were also stabbed during chaos and are both - like the constables - in hospital receiving treatment
    Meanwhile two 16-year-old boys were also stabbed and a supermarket ransacked in Burgess Park, Southwark
    Police attempting to shut down an illegal block party in Stamford Hill, Hackney, had bottles thrown at them

By Keiligh Baker and Euan McLelland For MailOnline
Published: 16:54 EST, 19 July 2016 | Updated: 09:54 EST, 20 July 2016

[excerpt] ...Tempers flared as police tried to disperse the 4,000-strong crowd and began seizing sound equipment as a minority chanted 'Black Lives Matter'.

Meanwhile, two 16-year-old boys were stabbed at another pre-arranged water fight in Burgess Park, Southwark, last night while a nearby supermarket was ransacked by a group of 200 people. Neither of the injured boys suffered life-threatening injuries, although one remains in hospital.

And a block party on the Stamford Estate in Hackney also turned violent, as officers were pelted with missiles.

One terrified onlooker wrote on Facebook: 'I can't believe what I witnessed in Marble Arch whilst passing by on the bus.

'Young boys running around with large machete looking knifes, a whole leap of 16, 17, 18 year old girls & boys literally scattered everywhere, I was scared for all their lives.

'And what really shook me up was seeing the young black boy looked about 17 outside Hyde park with a stab wound to his chest.

'It was so heartbreaking, I called the ambulance from the bus as it literally just happened & just to make sure but no way was I getting off that bus it was so erratic buses had to stop, I saw police & no ambulance.'  ...
Once again, not all black lives seem to matter to some of these folks.  **nononono*

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
My reaction:

:silly:

:eatdrink:

I'm long done caring about these people.

Offline livius

Hyde Park stabbings: How Instagram link-up descended into cries of 'Black Lives Matter' and 'f*** the police'
Three people were stabbed - including one police officer - as tempers boiled over on hottest day of the year.
    By Lewis Dean
    July 20, 2016 12:25 BST
International Business Times **nononono*

Terrible. I was just there last week - Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park are beautiful and tranquil places, except perhaps for the speakers' corner in Hyde Park. But even that was awaiting its "BLM" moment, I guess. I honestly don't understand that motivates those jerks; if black lives matter that much, why are the people screaming this always trying to kill each other?

Online mountaineer

I know, livius. We stayed near Hyde Park when we visited London. We took walks, my husband went jogging there.

"Black lives matter" is just hypocrisy.