Author Topic: Melania Trump Aparently Plagarized Section of Michelle Obama's 2008 Convention Speech  (Read 20537 times)

Silver Pines

You're quite the sore winner, ain't ya?    These are Republicans, you know - the kind that any sane nominee would be attempting to bring into the tent. 

You and Trump want Hillary Clinton as the next President?   You're doing a bang-up job of it.

Truly, these people are the most miserable, unhappy bunch of "winners" I've ever seen. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Melania's speech had a FEW words that were the same as the other one....

You are joking right?  That entire entry was almost cut/pasted to hers.   Try again.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Silver Pines

Can you point us to some examples?

@RedHead
@Mechanicos

LOL, Mech is twisting the truth again.  He wants you to think he's talking about black voters, but he's really referring to Donna Brazile, who mocked Melania and the Trump campaign for being so in awe of Michelle that they would lift her speech.  I saw the clip this morning.

Offline RoosGirl

@RedHead
@Mechanicos

LOL, Mech is twisting the truth again.  He wants you to think he's talking about black voters, but he's really referring to Donna Brazile, who mocked Melania and the Trump campaign for being so in awe of Michelle that they would lift her speech.  I saw the clip this morning.

But don't call him a liar, because that would be a personal attack and..... whatever.

Silver Pines

As can be said ......The comments on here reflect just how mindless people can be..... If the media screams Melania copies Michelle's speech edited for her by speech writers, then the gullible will parrot that falsity.

Melania's speech had a FEW words that were the same as the other one.... but let's face it, these sentiments are universal and do not belong to any one speech writer.

Meanwhile.... Our next  First Lady.........as Melania said....'My husband is ready'......

@WAC

You should probably listen to the clips of Melanis's speech overlaid with Obama's.  It's the same speech, and clearly lifted. 

As far as mindless goes, that would be the descriptor I'd consider for those who laughed at the vote being refused yesterday, as though it were a game, and as though the RNC didn't successfully grab power not only away from those who don't venerate your newfound king, but for the establishment in general for a long time to come.  It's funny now for those who can't think past Trump!, but in 2020 when the RNC screws over the grassroots again thanks to what happened yesterday, you won't be cheering.

Only a few days ago Trump said he wouldn't mind losing the Senate to Democrats.  He is my enemy as much as Hillary Clinton.  There is no difference.

And all the fan pics of Melania and her dress won't change that.

Offline mlizzy

• Rosary for Peace
Melania's speech had a FEW words that were the same as the other one.... but let's face it, these sentiments are universal and do not belong to any one speech writer.
Here's a video of the two speeches. There are more than a few words the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbiGsDMmCM

America needs no words from me to see how your decision in Roe v. Wade has deformed a great nation. The so-called right to abortion has pitted mothers against their children and women against men. Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. The right to life does not depend, and must not be declared to be contingent, on the pleasure of anyone else, not even a parent or a sovereign. -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
The Latest: Gingrich: Melania Trump speech uproar 'baloney'

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GOP_2016_CONVENTION_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

CLEVELAND (AP) -- The Latest on the Republican National Convention (all times EDT):

10:40 a.m.

Newt Gingrich is calling the uproar over Melania Trump's speech "baloney."

In an interview Tuesday, the former House speaker dismissed the issue and pointed out that Vice President Joe Biden abandoned his presidential bid in 1988 for taking parts of British leader Neil Kinnock's speech and President Barack Obama took heat for copying some of former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick's speech.

"It's a little ripe for the news media to suddenly find how pure they are," Gingrich said.

exc

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

"It's a little ripe for the news media to suddenly find how pure they are," Gingrich said.

exc

Newt's rapidly becoming the tRump's version of Baghdad Bob.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

You are joking right?  That entire entry was almost cut/pasted to hers.   Try again.

If by a "FEW WORDS" she means entire paragraphs lifted verbatim....    :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Here's a video of the two speeches. There are more than a few words the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcbiGsDMmCM

It's remarkable how Melania's admiration for Michelle caused her to channel her speech verbatim, isn't it??

And she said she wrote it all by herself!     :pondering:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
It's remarkable how Melania's admiration for Michelle caused her to channel her speech verbatim, isn't it??

And she said she wrote it all by herself!     :pondering:

First time I have ever seen a campaign that has spent more time on damage control than on issues and strategy.

Offline Resp3

Offline musiclady

First time I have ever seen a campaign that has spent more time on damage control than on issues and strategy.

Issues and strategy?? WHAT issues and strategy??

He's gonna build a WALL.  That's the strategy.....  That's it.

Offline Mechanicos

How do you reconcile being a Conservative with supporting a big government liberal for President?
Becasue I do not have TDS so do not live in a fantasy world where Trump is the super poopyhead who beat up my guy. In other words, outside of the cheap-labor created fantasy land Trump is not a Big Government Liberal.

Priebus et al are still in charge, with Trump's blessing.
Yes and the Coup to take over the party by the less then 10 percent cheap labor Globalists failed. That's very good for America. The enemy is the globalists, and their owned elected officials such as Obama, Clinton's, Romney, McCain, Grahm, Bush clan, et al.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline GrouchoTex

Yes and the Coup to take over the party by the less then 10 percent cheap labor Globalists failed. That's very good for America. The enemy is the globalists, and their owned elected officials such as Obama, Clinton's, Romney, McCain, Grahm, Bush clan, et al.

Do you really believe that the people who stopped that attempt at the roll call vote yesterday are  not part of the "Obama, Clinton's, Romney, McCain, Grahm, Bush clan, et al."?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:21:43 pm by GrouchoTex »

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ArneFufkin

I turned the Convention off after Rudy G's excellent speech.   I had no interest in seeing Melania's crafted speech or LtGen Flynn's incoherent rambling.

I thought last night's roster of speakers up to Melania was really good.  I liked Sheriff Clarke, Perry, Marcus Littrell, Cotton ... all of them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:31:37 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline musiclady

As can be said ......The comments on here reflect just how mindless people can be..... If the media screams Melania copies Michelle's speech edited for her by speech writers, then the gullible will parrot that falsity.

In this one brief post, you have called everyone who listened to the identical paragraphs coming from Melania and Michelle "mindless" and "gullible" and "parroting a falsity."

And yet, that "falsity" is the absolute truth, @WAC and it is you who are ignorant of the truth.

Will an apology for your blanket ad hominems against honest people be forthcoming??

Or are you now such a devoted Trump-follower that you cannot apologize when you've been clearly caught falsely accusing innocent people??

Offline GrouchoTex

Sorry Liberals, Melania Trump Did NOT Plagiarize Michelle Obama’s Speech and This is Why…, from DC Gazette.
Just something to consider.  :shrug:

These themes do tend to show up in most American political speech.
Twist a phrase here or their and use a little different wording, and would be no uproar today.

Offline LottieDah

She was and is just a useful tool.  A prop trotted out by the lame Orange Baboon.

No doubt in my mind that Trump is a stalking horse for Hillary Clinton.  Makes you wonder what the Clinton's promised Trump for this.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Here is an advance notice of Trump's acceptance speech:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.  That is why I will build a big, beautiful wall and Mexico is going to pay, believe me.

Now we are engaged in a great Republican civil war, testing whether this party, or any party made up of low-energy losers like Jeb Bush and Lying sons of presidential assassins like ted Cruz can long endure. We are met in a great convention of that party. We have come to dedicate a portion of that party, as a final resting place for conservatives who here gave their lives that that party -- now my party, folks, in all honesty -- might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this arena. The brave men and the one bitch with the ugly face, living and dead, who struggled through the primaries have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what anyone but me said here, and it will never forget what I did here. It is for me the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which I who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for me to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead politicians who I have slimed and maligned beyond recognition, we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that my candidacy, of the Donald, by the Donald, for the Donald, shall not perish from the earth.

Definitely a good paraphrase of what Herr Trump will possibly say in essence.

Good one!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We're all being played for fools by what some have rightly called a 'putsch' via Hillary's Trojan Stalking Horse
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The end result of this is simple- failure to control the message.

It is stupid little mistakes (whether by design or incompetence) that can destroy a campaign. The media coddled the Trump campaign during the primaries because he was their bread and butter; they foolishly continued to think they would get the same coddling once the general election hit.

I can guarantee you, the first day after Trump is 'officially' the nominee, all hell is going to break loose with story after story after story from the one friendly MSM to him.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

Offline montanajoe

Newt's rapidly becoming the tRump's version of Baghdad Bob.

Actually Pirate Newt fills in  when Trump can't be his own Baghdad Bob due to previous commitments...

Offline Mechanicos

Do you really believe that the people who stopped that attempt at the roll call vote yesterday are  not part of the "Obama, Clinton's, Romney, McCain, Grahm, Bush clan, et al."?
Yes because its known how the #neverTrumps are funded and its not grass root and never has been. Follow the money. One need only look at who besides Cruz are anti-Trump and its the who's who of Globalists: Romney, Bush, The whole RINO brigade, etc. Cruz did not make that group of anti-Trump's conservative nor grass root. Mormons are for Open Borders that covers most of the ones we saw opposing Trump, including Mike Lee. Thats Globalism.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17