Author Topic: Reince Priebus Ignores Delegate Votes And Appoints Mitch McConnell Temporary Convention Chair  (Read 355 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It seems like RNC Chairman Reince Priebus is totally at home acting as a henchman for Donald "Cheeto Jesus" Trump and the posse of ill bred goons that have attached themselves to his campaign in a host-parasite relationship (the American people, in this case, being the host). Friday, he decided that his loyalty lay with the guy who had won 42% of the votes cast in the GOP primary, and not with the 58% who voted against him. Now he has made it crystal clear that he considers the GOP delegates to be nothing more than props in this giant act of fluffery on behalf of a man who not only doesn't deserve it but is simply not able to even use it.

WATCH: @Reince Priebus responds to some delegates jeering election of Mitch McConnell as temporary convention chair: https://t.co/NtTb4d7pOG

— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) July 18, 2016

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/07/18/watch-reince-priebus-ignores-delegate-votes-appoints-mitch-mcconnell-temporary-convention-chair/

geronl

The Trump Side (Vader Music plays) doesn't care about the will of the people, they never did. All the talk of the "will of the people" from their side has been pure sophistry. It only matters when it is convenient for Darth Trump.

geronl

I did not realize that Trumpers now loved and adored uber-RINO, Obama-enabler McConnell.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Maybe it was Trump telling McConnell to not worry. There are other jobs when Schumer takes over.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Hoodat

I did not realize that Trumpers now loved and adored uber-RINO, Obama-enabler McConnell.

Trump supporters will change their positions any way necessary in order to be in line with Trump.  I have witnessed them defending touchback amnesty, government funded health care, taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood, Kelo, and have seen them bash the TEA Party.

Trump helped McConnell fight off his TEA Party challenger two years ago.  This is nothing new.  Trump supporters already knew he was buddies with McConnell, yet have lied incessantly about how Ted Cruz was the GOPe candidate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Suppressed

Trump supporters will change their positions any way necessary in order to be in line with Trump.  I have witnessed them defending touchback amnesty, government funded health care, taxpayer funding for Planned Parenthood, Kelo, and have seen them bash the TEA Party.

Trump helped McConnell fight off his TEA Party challenger two years ago.  This is nothing new.  Trump supporters already knew he was buddies with McConnell, yet have lied incessantly about how Ted Cruz was the GOPe candidate.

I admit, even though I've had dealings with the Moonies, and other groups, in the past, I never truly grasped the cult mentality til now. 

It's actually rather scary that otherwise rational people can get to where their perception is off, twisting everything to be viewed through a personality-cult lens.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DB

I admit, even though I've had dealings with the Moonies, and other groups, in the past, I never truly grasped the cult mentality til now. 

It's actually rather scary that otherwise rational people can get to where their perception is off, twisting everything to be viewed through a personality-cult lens.

To bring that to full light, just go visit the TOS... It is both amazing and deeply disturbing.