Author Topic: Should public schools control student internet use (GOVERNMENT vs PARENTS)  (Read 519 times)

Offline ResistanceMedia

• ResistanceMedia Homepage
This is an interesting article that I just wrote on my website. I don't know the exact rules of posting on this website because I just joined today, so I will post a link as the article is quite lengthy and I don't know if there is a limit on the length of posts (either official or informal.)

The basic idea is that the government through public schools should not be allowed to censor or control student use of the internet. I am not an anarchist and DO believe that there should be some reasonable limits on free speech (such as threats, defamation, slander, etc.) but those should be dealt with through the legal process where people are innocent until proven guilty rather than dealt with by public schools. I show several examples of public schools exceeding their authority by censoring online free speech, such as when an Oklahoma school suspended 9 students for "liking" a post which criticized the "LGBT" agenda.

Here's the link: http://www.resistancemedia.org/2016/07/cyberbullying-path-to-school-tyranny.html

geronl

The answer is NO.

Also, public schools should be abolished.

geronl

This is an interesting article that I just wrote on my website. I don't know the exact rules of posting on this website because I just joined today, so I will post a link as the article is quite lengthy and I don't know if there is a limit on the length of posts (either official or informal.)

The answer is no, but that does not mean there should be no consequences should a student go beyond the pale, like "sexting"

Offline ResistanceMedia

• ResistanceMedia Homepage
The answer is no, but that does not mean there should be no consequences should a student go beyond the pale, like "sexting"

Yes, I agree with what you are saying about "sexting" and the like. According to my knowledge, these activities are already crimes, and so they should be investigated and dealt with through the legal system where we have the concept of "innocent until proven guilty."

But really what I am talking about is censorship of political speech and investigative journalism, like in Oklahoma where students were suspended for simply CLICKING LIKE on a so-called "anti-LGBT post."

There is just an incredible amount of disdain for parents in the public school system. 90-95% of them are completely awful, totalitarian communists/fascists who want total control.

I am a former student in the Fairfax (Virginia) public school system, and I remember one occassion last year when I passed out flyers which criticized the school's idiotic "safe space" policies which censor speech opposing the homosexual and transgender agenda. A few weeks later, guess who was knocking on my door? The Fairfax County POLICE! They had a copy of my flyer and they were investigating me for "hate-speech." ALL WHILE there was an unsolved double shooting less than a half of a mile away!

geronl

I agree with you and I think the other members of this forum will too.

by the way, Welcome!! @ResistanceMedia