Author Topic: Time Is Running Out  (Read 378 times)

Offline libertybele

Time Is Running Out
« on: July 19, 2016, 07:19:48 pm »
Apparently neither the Libertarian Party or the Constitution Party have 'qualified' in all 50 states.  The outlook seems to be a little rosier for the Libertarian party.  I am not advocating not voting for them if that is what you prefer, I just wanted to make people aware that neither party has ballot access in all 50 states.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/get-involved/election-central/ballot-access/

http://www.lp.org/2016-presidential-ballot-access-map
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Time Is Running Out
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 07:30:23 pm »

A very significant aspect of third parties is this: They provide a playground for people that wish to make a hobby for themselves, and play make believe "Politics," whereby they can have importance as big fish in small ponds.

If that appeals to you, go ahead and knock yourselves out. But realize in advance the truth of the matter.

An interesting study, is the history of John Anderson, who opposed Reagan in 1980. He's still kicking at age 94, and has been all over the place politically.

Harry Browne, former LP candidate blamed America for 9/11/2001.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 07:36:07 pm »
Apparently neither the Libertarian Party or the Constitution Party have 'qualified' in all 50 states.  The outlook seems to be a little rosier for the Libertarian party.  I am not advocating not voting for them if that is what you prefer, I just wanted to make people aware that neither party has ballot access in all 50 states.

What is the point? In some states the Libertarians are given a pass, I think they got one in Texas. The state says you need 5% of the vote on some statewide basis to be guaranteed a ballot spot, but for some reason this never seems to apply to the LP

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 07:41:54 pm »

While I am now an avid supporter of the Constitution Party, the Oligarchy has made it not only difficult but nearly impossible for any party outside of the GOP or DNC to have any kind of actual impact.

The truth of the matter is, while I support a party and candidates who still have a fealty to the Constitution and individual liberty and our religious heritage, we are well past the point of being able to preserve or protect liberty against tyranny via civil means.

Look around you.  It's Italy 1922 or Germany 1933 and everyone is falling in line to salute and goose step, whether you are Marxists or Populist Nationalist Fascists.

There is no rectifying where we have arrived at the ballot box.  Get that thorough your heads if you want to survive what is coming.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:42:30 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 08:09:01 pm »
While I am now an avid supporter of the Constitution Party, the Oligarchy has made it not only difficult but nearly impossible for any party outside of the GOP or DNC to have any kind of actual impact.

The truth of the matter is, while I support a party and candidates who still have a fealty to the Constitution and individual liberty and our religious heritage, we are well past the point of being able to preserve or protect liberty against tyranny via civil means.

Look around you.  It's Italy 1922 or Germany 1933 and everyone is falling in line to salute and goose step, whether you are Marxists or Populist Nationalist Fascists.

There is no rectifying where we have arrived at the ballot box.  Get that thorough your heads if you want to survive what is coming.

So does your solution involve your sword?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:27:54 pm »
So does your solution involve your sword?

It involves a lot of things.  None of them are a 'solution'.

It's about survival and enduring to the end with one's faith intact and having not partaken with the beast.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »

It's about survival and enduring to the end with one's faith intact and having not partaken with the beast.

Do you slay the beast, with your sword?

Is your sect similar to Pastor Rafael Cruz' sect?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:43 pm »
Do you slay the beast, with your sword?

Is your sect similar to Pastor Rafael Cruz' sect?

Do you beat your spouse and children daily, or just a few times a week when you are in the mood?

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 09:10:36 pm »
What is the point? In some states the Libertarians are given a pass, I think they got one in Texas. The state says you need 5% of the vote on some statewide basis to be guaranteed a ballot spot, but for some reason this never seems to apply to the LP

5%?  No such requirement, but you have to get set up early in the run, last year for this year's election.

http://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/candidates/guide/president.shtml
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 09:14:33 pm »

I too believe there is a reckoning ahead and no amount of politics will change that.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 10:24:48 pm »

Sounds like you have a "Final" Solution to the problem. Disturbing. You should pull up your skirt, your fascism is showing.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:26:05 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 11:17:30 pm »

They do not need to be on all 50 ballots to win.  Winning only a few States would deny the election to the Hillary/trump ticket.

If no candidate gets 272.. then the House decides amongst the top 3.

Likely would not matter, as the trump/Hillary/GOPE/DEM uniparty seem well in control of this dog and pony show.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 11:19:30 pm »
Sounds like you have a "Final" Solution to the problem. Disturbing. You should pull up your skirt, your fascism is showing.

Project much? 

Someone stupid enough to assert a 'final solution' is someone who advocates fascists and fascism.

Look in a mirror.