Author Topic: Christie Reportedly 'Livid' He Wasn't Chosen as Trump's VP  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2016/07/18/christie-reportedly-livid-he-wasnt-chosen-as-trumps-vp-n2194114

Christie Reportedly 'Livid' He Wasn't Chosen as Trump's VP
Leah Barkoukis

|
Posted: Jul 18, 2016 7:52 AM

Prior to announcing Gov. Mike Pence as his running mate, presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump had narrowed the VP field down to the Indiana governor, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, and Gov. Chris Christie.

While Gingrich seems to have been a good sport about Trump’s ultimate decision to go with Pence, according to the Weekly Standard, Christie was “livid.”

While minding my own business at the Starbucks inside the Westin hotel this morning, I saw a man engage Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in conversation about the VP selection process. The man, whom I couldn't identify, suggested that Pence was a smart pick and Gingrich would've been a disaster.

"Christie was livid, right?" the man said at one point. "Yeah," Manafort replied.

In an interview with MSNBC on Thursday, Christie did say he would be upset if he didn’t end up getting picked.

"I mean, obviously, I'm a competitive person. So I'm not going to say it won't bother me, if I'm not selected. Of course it bothers you a little bit. 'Cause if you're a competitive person, like I am, and you're used to winning, like I am — again, you don't like coming in second, ever," the governor told Nicolle Wallace.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Christie Reportedly 'Livid' He Wasn't Chosen as Trump's VP
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:36:52 pm »
No sympathy here. You go in with Trump this is what you get. Christie is a poor judge of character.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 02:38:10 pm »
Ole Christi was so mad he wanted to put a popknot on Trumps head big enough for a calf to suck on.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 02:41:10 pm »
Ole Christi was so mad he wanted to put a popknot on Trumps head big enough for a calf to suck on.

Never heard that expression. @Wingnut I like your new avatar.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 02:47:34 pm »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 02:51:22 pm »
It could all be for show.

It really looks like Christie was on a mission to take on Rubio in that New Hampshire debate; it would not surprise me if he did that in agreement with Trump.

Christie should be savvy enough to know an Eastern-focused ticket might not be best in a national run.

Then again, Christie also hugged Obama after Hurricane Sandy right before the election; so who knows.

At times, he's smart and at times, one wonders.

Probably a good prosecutor though.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 02:53:19 pm »
Never heard that expression. @Wingnut I like your new avatar.

Who doesn't like Texas Tech or Lubbock for that matter.  There is a pretty girl hiding behind every tree! :beer: