Author Topic: Manhunt Under Way After At Least 3 Police Officers Shot In Baton Rouge - Live Feed  (Read 2459 times)

Offline musiclady

Cnn now reporting 8 officers dead?

Your tagline is poignant, @Mom MD ........... considering the age of madness we are in, with our society spiraling out of control.

If I didn't know that God is Sovereign, I would be in despair.....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mrclose

Gavin Long from Kansas City, MO, is the name of the shooter who was killed.

Dead Baton Rouge shooter attacked police on his birthday

BATON ROUGE, La. -- The deceased suspect in the deadly shooting of Baton Rouge law enforcement officers appeared to have attacked police on his 29th birthday, CBS News has learned.
Manhunt continues after Baton Rouge police shooting

The suspect has been identified as a black male named Gavin Eugene Long of Kansas City, Missouri, sources tell CBS News. He was born on July 17, 1987.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/baton-rouge-police-shooting-suspects-information/

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
What will it be tomorrow, indeed. Oh and add Orlando to that list.    God America needs You now! Or should I say American needs to turn back to God, for we look around us, we turn on the news, and all we see is chaos here and around the globe. May the next Pokemon people find be in a church pew.

:amen:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

We're starting to pay for allowing the inner cities to become third world crime areas.    We've let them become "no go" areas where the sub culture is based on crime, hate, racism, and drugs.   It is going to require years of internal warfare, and thousands of deaths to clean these places out.

why not start by simply declaring BLM a terrorist group?

The cities are not to blame as much as allowing terrorism posing as racial equality.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Suppressed

why not start by simply declaring BLM a terrorist group?

The cities are not to blame as much as allowing terrorism posing as racial equality.

Because BLM has not been tied to any terrorist activities.  We can't just go by shooters' claims, either, or the next one can say he's part of the NRA.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Yes, but Barry only has about six months left in that window of opportunity for implementation of his agenda.  He will continue to double down via all of his "Obama sons".

All he needs to do is to continue the course of events which enable him to execute Article IV Section 4.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Because BLM has not been tied to any terrorist activities.

So those in the BLM movement who espouse terrorist rhetoric like "Kill the White Pigs" are not encouraging terrorist activities like we are witnessing?  At what point will you declare these guys terrorists?  When they physically, rather than just verbally, assault you? 

A tip: that will be too late for you, as you will be dead.

Offline Suppressed

So those in the BLM movement who espouse terrorist rhetoric like "Kill the White Pigs" are not encouraging terrorist activities like we are witnessing?  At what point will you declare these guys terrorists?  When they physically, rather than just verbally, assault you? 

A tip: that will be too late for you, as you will be dead.

How do you define the BLM movement?  Organizers say that the ones espousing violence aren't part of the movement.

I am frustrated, too, and think they need more self-policing if they are, indeed, non-violent.  Buy we have to be careful about how we define groups.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

How do you define the BLM movement?  Organizers say that the ones espousing violence aren't part of the movement.

I am frustrated, too, and think they need more self-policing if they are, indeed, non-violent.  Buy we have to be careful about how we define groups.

One has to agree something is worthwhile to pursue as a goal, not jumping in to begin talking specifics about how to accompish.

One must confront whether it is a goal to mark those who organize a 'Day of Rage' or who verbally terrorize by saying 'KIll the White Pigs' are indeed terrorists.

Once you settle on that, then seek to determine whether the BLM is organized around this philosophy and whether its leaders espouse such.

If so, then one can indeed name them as a terrorist group.

There are way too many who seek to undermine the removal of terror by saying it is too difficult.

As the war escalates, this actually becomes easier to accomplish, as our way of life, our liberties and our own existence are threatened.  Backed against a wall of kill or be killed, the arguments of worrying about how to do it mean little in trying to survive.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Three police officers are dead while three more are in hospital, one in critical, after a shooting in Baton Rouge

The shooter has been identified as Gavin Eugene Long, a former Marine sergeant turned lifestyle guru who worked under the pseudonym of Cosmo Setepenra, who turned 29 on the same day he ambushed the cops

Montrell Jackson, 32, a married man, new father and ten-year veteran of the department, named among the dead

He died alongside Matthew Gerald, 41, a married father-of-two and former Marine who had been on patrol for 12 days

The third dead officer has not been named, but is a married 45-year-old. Two of the wounded are aged 41, one is 51 

President Obama branded the shooting 'cowardly and reprehensible' while Donald Trump demanded 'law and order'

Governor of Louisiana John Bel Edwards called for the 'hatred to stop' at a press conference this afternoon

Shooting of Alton Sterling by police in Baton Rouge 12 days ago sparked outrage and wave of protests across U.S.

Gang of four - including boys aged just 12 and 13 - were arrested earlier this week after alleged plot to steal guns and kill cops in Baton Rouge

More at the link...

Offline skeeter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

Three police officers are dead while three more are in hospital, one in critical, after a shooting in Baton Rouge

The shooter has been identified as Gavin Eugene Long, a former Marine sergeant turned lifestyle guru who worked under the pseudonym of Cosmo Setepenra, who turned 29 on the same day he ambushed the cops

Montrell Jackson, 32, a married man, new father and ten-year veteran of the department, named among the dead

He died alongside Matthew Gerald, 41, a married father-of-two and former Marine who had been on patrol for 12 days

The third dead officer has not been named, but is a married 45-year-old. Two of the wounded are aged 41, one is 51 

President Obama branded the shooting 'cowardly and reprehensible' while Donald Trump demanded 'law and order'

Governor of Louisiana John Bel Edwards called for the 'hatred to stop' at a press conference this afternoon

Shooting of Alton Sterling by police in Baton Rouge 12 days ago sparked outrage and wave of protests across U.S.

Gang of four - including boys aged just 12 and 13 - were arrested earlier this week after alleged plot to steal guns and kill cops in Baton Rouge

More at the link...

The result of almost 8 years of Hope n' Change.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
This is what I am talking about when I say we need a discussion about the ongoing radicalization of blacks in this country by Nation of Islam, Black Lives Matter, The New Black Panthers and others.

This guy has had plenty to say on social media about violent insurrection, posting YouTube videos bitching about crackers, and was a member of Nation of Islam.  He's from Kansas City and came into Baton Rouge to celebrate his birthday, by assaulting the police.

What this story does not discuss is where the hell the other two reported shooters are.  Last I heard it was possible they were "on the run" but I think it is just as likely that they got away clean.  This hit was organized and did not occur in a vacuum.  Where is the FBI and the Federal Marshall Service??

Political correctness is killing us all, but now it is murdering our police officers, on duty, in uniform, responding to a fake 911 call.  This is terrorism and deserves the strongest possible response from Federal law enforcement, not more lectures on how the cops brought it on themselves from the Preezy.

I'm pissed, and I'm worried.  I know for sure there are plenty more shooters like this guy all over the country.  They are not self-radicalized, they have been deliberately radicalized from birth by their entire culture, with help from what amount to terrorist groups like Nation of Islam, Black Lives Matter, the New Black Panthers, "ministers" like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Reverend Wright and many others out there that are little more than self-proclaimed Imams preaching the hate against Whitey like the Muslims preach hate against the Jews.

Time to wake up America, and take a hard serious look at what you have been conditioned to tolerate in your community.  Too many people are mindless sheep that have been taught from birth to ignore the packs of wolves that live in their midst and prey upon them.  It is not natural logic for any herd beast to tolerate the presence of predators; only man teaches their offspring not to fear real danger and to ignore imminent threats to their safety and their lives.

Think what happened in Nice can't happen at one or several Labor Day parades across the Fruited Plain??  Think again.

:smokin:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Prayers for their families.  This cannot continue.

Think again.  We all said that last week about Dallas.

Offline mrclose

A FB post by one of the downed (dead) policemen.
Posted after the Dallas shootings.

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Oh I know.  I mean it can't keep happening without throwing us into utter chaos.  Thanks Obama. 

I'm not big on blaming anyone but the perpetrators in most cases.  But these BLM people have flat out called for murdering Police officers.  Then Obama just says, "Let them vent."

Soros has given 'em $32 million.  He needs to be shot on sight.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Oh I know.  I mean it can't keep happening without throwing us into utter chaos.  Thanks Obama. 

I'm not big on blaming anyone but the perpetrators in most cases.  But these BLM people have flat out called for murdering Police officers.  Then Obama just says, "Let them vent."

Obama did much more than that. He has invited the BLM leadership to the White House for consultations giving them and their idology Presidential credibility. He has apologized for them and identified with them on numerous times. And on several occasions he has acted as if he was some kind of spokesman for them and their movement, even after they openly called for the murder of Police officers.

There is no question about this one. Obama knew what he was doing. He is sowing chaos in his final year in office.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Obama has indeed done much to fundamentally change the USA and he is not finished yet. I did not believe that he could be elected in 2008 or reelected in 2012. I really underestimated the ignorance of the voters.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Hoodat

Montrell Jackson was one of the officers killed.  He leaves behind a four-month-old son.  Here is what he tweeted ten days ago:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Shooter had been affilliated with or, at least, sympathetic to Nation of Islam.
A Youtube account operated by Gavin Eugene Long and discovered by The Daily Caller reveals key insight into what might have motivated the 29-year-old black man who killed three Baton Rouge police officers Sunday morning.

Videos on Long’s account show that he was a former Nation of Islam member. He also ranted against “crackers” and made references to Alton Sterling, the black man killed by police in Baton Rouge on July 5.

Other information about Long shows that the Kansas City native, who CBS reported was honorably discharged from the Marines in 2010, went by the name Cosmo Ausar Setepenra.

In one video filmed from Houston and posted to Long’s Youtube account on July 12, the suspected guman discusses being in the Marines and reaching the rank of E-5.

Long, who was reportedly carrying a rifle and wearing all-black attire when he confronted police, posted several videos within recent weeks discussing various police-involved shootings.

“If I would have been there with Alton — clap,” Long says in a video posted on July 14.  ...

Long also appears to have been in Dallas in the days after Micah X. Johnson killed five police officers during protests there earlier this month. Like Long, Johnson had also served in the military and was affiliated with the radical black liberation movement.

“It’s justice. You know what I’m saying?” Long said in one video defending Johnson’s attack.   ...

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/17/baton-rouge-shooter-gavin-eugene-long-was-nation-of-islam-member-railed-against-crackers-on-youtube-channel-video/#ixzz4El0rY09B
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Mom MD

Your tagline is poignant, @Mom MD ........... considering the age of madness we are in, with our society spiraling out of control.

If I didn't know that God is Sovereign, I would be in despair.....

Knowing God is in control is the only way I can get out of bed in the morning.  The nastiness and disappointment of this political season has made me look at things differently.  It doesn't matter who is president, Jesus is still King. 

God is still in control

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Soros has given 'em $32 million.  He needs to be shot on sight.

Or beaten with a 2X4

Online mountaineer

Baton Rouge Shooter’s Online Persona

The Baton Rouge shooter, who will henceforth be referred to as Captain Soggypants, had an active second-life online under the persona Cosmo Setepenra. Captain Soggypants assassinated three police officers in Baton Rouge, and shot three more; one is still fighting for his life. On his birthday, Captain Soggypants traveled from Missouri to assassinate officers as revenge for the justified officer-involved shooting of Alton Sterling.

Under the name Cosmo Setepenra, Captain Soggypants apparently authored several self-help books and labeled himself as a “nutritionist, life coach, dietician, personal trainer, author and spiritual adviser.” He also made several alarming online rants.   ...

More at Blue Lives Matter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Decorated Ex-Marine Kills 3 Policemen in Baton Rouge; Gunman Before Death Said He Acted Alone
http://www.christianpost.com/news/baton-rouge-police-shooting-ex-marine-gavin-long-166629/

So, the new development to me seems that this situation is fully done, there were no other accomplices.

Offline skeeter

A FB post by one of the downed (dead) policemen.
Posted after the Dallas shootings.

Damn it thats heartbreaking.

Offline musiclady

Knowing God is in control is the only way I can get out of bed in the morning.  The nastiness and disappointment of this political season has made me look at things differently.  It doesn't matter who is president, Jesus is still King.

Amen and AMEN!

On another forum a number of years ago someone posted this:

It's not about the Elephant or the Donkey......... it's about the LAMB.

That's more true now than ever.

Because of this season, I am no longer associated with the "elephant," but my hope and trust is, as ever, in the Lamb!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.