Author Topic: How Trump’s adversaries lost it all in Cleveland  (Read 2887 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: How Trump’s adversaries lost it all in Cleveland
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 07:32:37 pm »
Like JR, I don't think they care at this point.

They clearly don't care because they haven't done a single thing to win 'hearts and minds.'

All they have done is badger, bully and shame, and even though it's not working, it seems to be all they know.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 07:55:21 pm »
They clearly don't care because they haven't done a single thing to win 'hearts and minds.'

All they have done is badger, bully and shame, and even though it's not working, it seems to be all they know.
I guess some places that gets you what you want. For those of us with 'flyover country values', it just strengthens our resolve to not deal with someone at all.
More than one person has been asked if they recall how they got to a place only to be told "Good, I won't have to show you the way back to the main road. Now leave."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

HonestJohn

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 09:04:34 pm »

Their desire for 'revenge' has unleashed their hidden hatred.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 09:23:28 pm »
Their desire for 'revenge' has unleashed their hidden hatred.

I believe in large measure Trump appeals to the inner bigot of most of his believers.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 09:25:45 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 09:36:45 pm »
Just look at this list of GOP Convention "headliners":

So, on Monday, one of the "headliners" is an underwear model, on Tuesday, the head of Trump Winery (Kerry Woolard),  and crazy Ben Carson.

Not considered "headliners" are Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, or Ted Cruz.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 09:43:35 pm »
So we are hiring the entire family?  Will they get security clearance?  Shouldn't they be vetted, too?  Is this the new royal family?

You bet you are.  They're all speaking at the Convention (as "headliners") and they would get offices in the White House, no doubt.  Uday and Qusay (Don Jr and Eric) would be principal advisers while Ivanka keeps Donald apprised of what's going on his businesses.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 09:47:01 pm »
You bet you are.  They're all speaking at the Convention (as "headliners") and they would get offices in the White House, no doubt.  Uday and Qusay (Don Jr and Eric) would be principal advisers while Ivanka keeps Donald apprised of what's going on his businesses.

They are preparing to steal America blind.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

HonestJohn

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2016, 09:59:44 pm »
They are preparing to steal America blind.

Pretty much.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2016, 10:57:11 pm »
this tells us who the real outsiders have been all along. And who they ain't.

The GOPee (If you want to even believe them) turned to Trump people rather than Conservatives.

Suggesting this on that other site is what got me the zot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 12:52:10 am »
So we are hiring the entire family?  Will they get security clearance?  Shouldn't they be vetted, too?  Is this the new royal family?
They think they are white Obamas.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 12:53:35 am »
Suggesting this on that other site is what got me the zot.
That would do it.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 01:01:14 am »

His children and son-in-law are his chief advisors, they are the inner-circle. I am sure America is looking forward to Tiffany Trump from the war room passing orders along to the Generals in the field.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 01:43:45 am »
Ah, reductio ad absurdum unfettered.  :smokin:

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 04:44:37 pm »
Well, hello SunkenCiv! Nice to see you here.

Thanks for the welcome!  I'm still trying to learn this interface, just now found your message.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Re: How Trump's adversaries lost it all in Cleveland
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 04:46:49 pm »
A Deeper Look into Ted Cruz's RNC Convention Speech [Conservative Treehouse] [snip] Before Ted Cruz walked onto the convention stage in Cleveland, Donald Trump had a very good idea what was about to happen. Without pre-planning, or staged set-ups, Trump knew what to expect because Donald Trump has an exceptional political sense; he knows how to read his adversaries. Throughout his life, Ted Cruz has exhibited a character of division; entirely tone-deaf to the people he encounters and leaves in his wake... a lonely person despite his intellect. Toxic abrasiveness is the same reason why President George W Bush would not elevate Ted Cruz in the White House 2001-2005... That same toxic abrasiveness in 2013 is what created a lonely, divisive and ineffective Senator -- with zero legislative accomplishment -- who announced a presidential bid only 2 years after election to the Senate... The only risk to Donald Trump was if Cruz broke character and came to Cleveland to deliver a unity speech... by mid-afternoon yesterday any doubts about what direction Cruz was going to take... returned to the national political scene exactly where he left off after losing Indiana. A review of Cruz twitter feed merely confirmed the same cast of characters, the same tone, the same delivery and the same predictable approach heading into the evening. The only thing that remained last night was for Trump to see how far Cruz was willing to expose himself... The divisive, too-cute-by-half "vote your conscience, up and down the ticket" commentary came out exactly as Trump thought it would three weeks earlier when he offered the speaking engagement. That’s the moment toxic Cruz lost the audience, and abrasive Ted self-detonated. The audience chants: "we want Trump, we want Trump, we want Trump"! But it wasn’t until Cruz gave the snarky response..: "I appreciate the enthusiasm of the New York delegation" ...that visible loud BOOS commenced... the arrogant poke in the eye to the audience that finally brought Spartacus Trump into visibility within the auditorium. Toxic Ted Cruz left the stage amid a thunderous chorus of boos, having diminished himself spectacularly on the grandest political stage of them all... Only Cruz sycophants are left believing Ted Cruz has any political viability left at all. [/snip]

Leaked Teleprompter Screenshot Suggests Ted Cruz was expected to endorse Trump [Sli.mg]
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2016, 04:59:14 pm »

When they actually hand the party over to Trump I'm done with them for good! Period! End of story!
:amen:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:59:49 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 05:03:24 pm »
A Deeper Look into Ted Cruz's RNC Convention Speech [Conservative Treehouse] [snip] Before Ted Cruz walked onto the convention stage in Cleveland, Donald Trump had a very good idea what was about to happen. Without pre-planning, or staged set-ups, Trump knew what to expect because Donald Trump has an exceptional political sense; he knows how to read his adversaries. Throughout his life, Ted Cruz has exhibited a character of division; entirely tone-deaf to the people he encounters and leaves in his wake... a lonely person despite his intellect. Toxic abrasiveness is the same reason why President George W Bush would not elevate Ted Cruz in the White House 2001-2005... That same toxic abrasiveness in 2013 is what created a lonely, divisive and ineffective Senator -- with zero legislative accomplishment -- who announced a presidential bid only 2 years after election to the Senate... The only risk to Donald Trump was if Cruz broke character and came to Cleveland to deliver a unity speech... by mid-afternoon yesterday any doubts about what direction Cruz was going to take... returned to the national political scene exactly where he left off after losing Indiana. A review of Cruz twitter feed merely confirmed the same cast of characters, the same tone, the same delivery and the same predictable approach heading into the evening. The only thing that remained last night was for Trump to see how far Cruz was willing to expose himself... The divisive, too-cute-by-half "vote your conscience, up and down the ticket" commentary came out exactly as Trump thought it would three weeks earlier when he offered the speaking engagement. That’s the moment toxic Cruz lost the audience, and abrasive Ted self-detonated. The audience chants: "we want Trump, we want Trump, we want Trump"! But it wasn’t until Cruz gave the snarky response..: "I appreciate the enthusiasm of the New York delegation" ...that visible loud BOOS commenced... the arrogant poke in the eye to the audience that finally brought Spartacus Trump into visibility within the auditorium. Toxic Ted Cruz left the stage amid a thunderous chorus of boos, having diminished himself spectacularly on the grandest political stage of them all... Only Cruz sycophants are left believing Ted Cruz has any political viability left at all. [/snip]

Leaked Teleprompter Screenshot Suggests Ted Cruz was expected to endorse Trump [Sli.mg]
Well, dagnabit. A guy who doesn't stick to the script. Who can think on his feet. Can't have that! It'll screw up all the common taters in the MSM!

I haven't used Conservative Treehouse for a source, partly because of their unflagging bias against Cruz, noted in the tender posts of BFAC on FR. Good to 'see' you though!

C S Lewis

Online Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:55 am »
How Trump’s adversaries lost it all in Cleveland

This title illustrates that Trump's adversaries were never Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.  His adversaries all along have been Conservatives.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fantom

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 12:32:08 am »
This title illustrates that Trump's adversaries were never Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.  His adversaries all along have been Conservatives.

Right.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 12:34:28 am »

Ted Cruz was not expected to endorse. Trump was told days ago there would be no endorsement. Trump even saw and approved the script. Still it was the Trump people who started organizing the booing the morning of the speech.

Trump is a full on cad.

geronl

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2016, 12:35:31 am »
Conservative Treehouse has about as much credibility as the drunk bum on the corner who "knows everything".

Offline Fantom

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2016, 12:42:49 am »
Anyone who thought voting for Trump meant voting for the outsider sure does look silly today.

The GOPe wants Trump. Always have.

Well.. they wanted Jeb.. but trump is acceptable to them.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2016, 12:45:47 am »
Conservative Treehouse has about as much credibility as the drunk bum on the corner who "knows everything".

You do an Honor where none is deserved.

Before this election.. I used to go there.

But they are worse than TOS.. and earned an early distinction of being known as .." Trumpansie NutHouse". That was before Jim lost his mind... or liked the paycheck he was getting.

P.S. OK folks.. I am an oldtimer...I know FR.. what does  "TOS" stand for?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:46:52 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2016, 12:53:20 am »
Thanks for the welcome!  I'm still trying to learn this interface, just now found your message.

I have no doubt you'll get it...

And after you obtain confidence... If you feel the need to start GravesGodsGlyphs be sure to put me on the pinglist - One of the few things I have missed from ToS...

:beer:

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 01:16:32 am »
How sweet.  GOP-e and Trump forces working together to crush the conservative grassroots.  Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.